SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig p210 vs CZ accushadow2,strictly for paper punching
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p210 vs CZ accushadow2,strictly for paper punching Login/Join 
Picture of valkyrie1
posted
Thoughts?

Posts: 2299 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
That would be a close call. Both are tack drivers.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have shot both. Both amazing.

Sig P210 Gets my vote. However, I am brand loyal.....

I find the sig classier. More elegant.

The CZ, while sexy, truly purpose built.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess that depends on what you mean by a P210.

If you're talking a P210 like this...

...or like this, give me the P210 all day long.

If you're just talking a P210A, I'll take the CZ in a heartbeat.

Cool

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I have an AccuShadow and it is one of my favorite pistol to take to the range. Super confident in its accuracy.

Posts: 1342 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I might get some flack for this, and perhaps rightfully so, but FWIW...

I fondled a Shadow II at an LGS. It was interesting to me because I had a buddy with a CZ 75B with which I'd shot very well, right out of the gate. The Shadow II was nice, but, TBH, for the money I was left with the impression I'd have been as happy with a CZ 75B.

The P210A was like nothing I'd ever handled before. It was instant gun love.

I bought the P210A.

I'm pretty sure one or two members here own both.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25991 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Accushadow 2 is a huge gun and still has a DA trigger with a long reach. I chose P210A standard and am happy with it. Fits my hand a lot better, is a lot lighter, and looks more elegant to my eyes. For the range, no high capacity is needed.

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
Thoughts?

It's almost a coin toss for me. For strictly slow fire target shooting I might favor the P210. Anything else...the CZ will run rings around the SIG.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Owned both, now only have the CZ S2. At least in my hands, the latter was just/nearly as accurate and loads more fun at the range. Cooper would be proud of what CZ did with the 75 platform.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I recently got to fire one of the US produced P210 pistols and I was quite delighted. It had an excellent balance, good sight picture, and the trigger pull, while new to me was quite good (a little take up and then a surprise...not a "wall" or snappy trigger). I'm going to get one, but I am a little hesitant as the longer slide version interests me as do the original Swiss versions. On the example I fired, the slide didn't lock back on the magazines after the last round (not a deal breaker). I also understand the magazines are quite expensive.
I own a couple Shadow 2's (not Accu version) and I'd say their benefit over the P210 is magazine capacity, magazine cost, compatibility for shooting games (IPSC/USPSA, etc) and aftermarket parts.
If those benefits of the CZ don't sway you, I'd just take more opportunities to try them both out and see which takes your liking. My guess is the P210 is more accurate, but that's just a guess.

If you decide on the CZ, I'd consider this....

I have the "original" AccuShadow and the standard CZ Custom Shadow. What I can say about the CZ Custom "Accu" bushing is that it will have a "tighter" lockup on the barrel compared to a factory pistol and therefore improve inherent accuracy. Factory barrel lock up will vary. With that said, I have found that on the two Shadow 2 examples that I have, the barrel lock up was quite tight compared to the rest of my collection and therefore an improvement in CZ's processing.
So why haven't I bought more "AccuShadows" or sent my pistols to CZ Custom for the bushing installation?...The Cajun Gun Works Barrel bushing. For $60, I can remove my factory bushing and replace it with one of these and I have as tight or nearly as tight lock up as the accu bushing system. I also don't need a special tool to keep around for take down. On some the lock up is so tight I need to tap the barrel out the first few hundred rounds. I have about 12+ of these in operation and have never had an issue with them. It might be something to consider if you wish to save a little money. There is nothing wrong with the Accu Bushing.

Posts: 1788 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
If you can get a good price on the P210 without the Target grips, go for it. If you want an economical choice, get a CZ 75 SAO, get a trigger job and thin grips and you’ll have a gun that feels like a single stack with double stack magazines and still save about $300-400.

Posts: 4120 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Its the new version P210,1099.00 for the standard,1399.00 for the Target model. Have a CZ97 with the Cajun bushing and it's a great shooter. Have others for self defense and i'm not competing.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
bac1023, again that long slide target is just elegant. If I could ever own a P210, that is surely the one.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
For target shooting I would buy the SIG P210A no question.

If you have not seen this review of the SIG P210A it may be helpful to you.

https://www.americanrifleman.o...america-p210-pistol/

Posts: 9729 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ Shadow 2 and I would take it any day over a SIG P210. Yes, I’ve shot both.

Take a look at the aftermarket support for both guns, as well. Not much for the P210.

YMMV.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both. For pure target punching I prefer the 210. I like the trigger and single stack frame better. For any type of competition shooting or home defense the CZ hands down because it holds a lot more bullets.................

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your inputs,truly appreciated. I have a decision to make....:-)

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have loved the 210 for a long time. I even like the newer ones Sig has released. However if you want a shooter the CZ is far superior imo. Not only is it double stack vs single, it just returns to target so much faster for me.

If you’re just punching holes in paper slower fire, it doesn’t matter, get whatever you fancy more. Neither is a bad gun.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post