SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Most underrated pustols. Why aren't these more popular? Great deals.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most underrated pustols. Why aren't these more popular? Great deals. Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'd probably go with CZ, excluding oddities like the CZ-100. I have asked around at various LGS's over the years and they look at me as if I'd grown a third head or something. Having owned a PCR (why don't I have it any more? Don't ask) and currently having a P-07, you're missing out.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Steyr M9A1. I haven't shot one yet but I handled my local gun shop guy's carry and it felt amazing. High bore hold and I dig the trapezoid sites. Also, the trigger blows away Glock's. I might buy one...

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:
excluding oddities like the CZ-100. I have asked around at various LGS's over the years and they look at me as if I'd grown a third head or something.

As I recall, the CZ-100 were not made by the pistol manufacturer in Uhersky Brod, but by a subsidiary, hence the reason it was never really marketed by CZ-UB.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Grand Power K100 line of pistol and variants (P1, Ultra, X-Calibur, etc). Made in the Slovakia. Great quality machining, rotating barrel design makes it very soft shooting, and that trigger...simply butter smooth DA and crisp SA. The P1 I own, honestly has the best hammer fired DA/SA that I own and the out of box trigger beats my Sigs and even customized CZ triggers.

They used to be sold by STI as the GP6 but never took off (probably since STI is so closely associated with steel & 1911), then were imported by Century Arms, and now the latests revision (Mk12) are being imported by Eagle Arms. The X-Calibur is starting to pick up steam in competition space, but their standard trim guns also excellent. As with most less mainstream Euro blasters, the after market is very limited, although Falco makes some excellent quality holsters.

Posts: 28 | Location: USA | Registered: December 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
For me I think that the larger Bersa guns like the Thunder XT don't get a lot of recognition. Tanfoglio guns outside of competition shooting are also very under-represented in the US. T-series Kahr pistols are also not that popular but are fabulous guns.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
I'd vote for the SP2022 as the most under-rated Sig; and for the FNX series (-9 and -40) as the most under-rated pistols in general. Several SP2022's have come and gone here, not because they didn't work well, but because I just couldn't fit my hand to the grip comfortably.

The FNX-9 and -40 have a great DA/SA trigger, are very accurate, and run forever. And they come with four backstrap options, two of which work for my hand.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
quote:
bendable

posted February 23, 2017 01:31 PM Hide Post
in a recent "favorite Sig pistol" thread ,
I looked for 225's and 227's, for a long time, there weren't as many as I would of thought, there would be.

I wonder why that is?

Any self respecting Gun Owner tends to be fickle after awhile. I came to the hobby in the Late '80's just at the Dawn of the Wonder Nine Wars and Smith & Wesson's Gun of the Week Promotions. Who could resist? I've returned time and time again to the Basics, to the guns I really loved, but I've owned in some cases, a dozen of the same pistol. 225's achieved Cult Status a couple times over. I still own two, but I know where others are. To most younger shooters, they're just old guns now.......Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Rossi model 720 3" five shot .44 special stainless revolver. These big bore snubs are so great I have two.

Vintage Charter Arms Undercover .38 special revolvers. I have three of these. Great backup and truck guns.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
I'd vote for the SP2022 as the most under-rated Sig; and for the FNX series (-9 and -40) as the most under-rated pistols in general. Several SP2022's have come and gone here, not because they didn't work well, but because I just couldn't fit my hand to the grip comfortably.

The FNX-9 and -40 have a great DA/SA trigger, are very accurate, and run forever. And they come with four backstrap options, two of which work for my hand.

And you dig up an 18 month old thread?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
Current production Steyr handguns.

they have a better trigger than ANY other available striker fired gun.

but they are Austrian, so why not just buy a glock Roll Eyes

I have a Steyr L9A1 with a tlr-1s on it as my night stand gun. It’s probably my favorite pistol after my German frame 229 and by far the best striker fired gun I’ve ever shot or owned

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post