SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Most underrated pustols. Why aren't these more popular? Great deals.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most underrated pustols. Why aren't these more popular? Great deals. Login/Join 
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
THE most underrated is the SP2022. Behind that the next most underrated are the Bersa Thunder Pro series.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
in a recent "favorite Sig pistol" thread ,
I looked for 225's and 227's, for a long time, there weren't as many as I would of thought, there would be.

I wonder why that is?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
My first SIG was the Pro 2340 in .357 SIG. After selling it and realizing what a great pistol it is I think its always been underrated.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tristar firearms, in particular the P-120.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with people that say Sig Pro and P250.

However...... my vote goes to the P224. I absolutely love my P224 (after some modifications). I had to switch out the short-reach trigger for a standard trigger and put the short-reset kit in mine. It's amazing how much the short-reach trigger affects the trigger pull on that little gun.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
P239 is well known and revered and is very popular! The SP2022 is definitely and enigma. My 40 variant performs as well as any 9mm in the accuracy venue and as reilable as any pistola in the P series...

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
The Ruger P-series are also vastly underrated. I've came across two P95's that were great guns. For $200 a piece I don't think I've ever gotten more bang for my buck.

I agree, they can be had very cheaply, and they are good, reliable pistols.

They even get a bad rap for being ugly. They aren't a Hi-power, but they aren't ugly.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
The CZ-75 pistols, especially the CZ-75D PCR, are probably underrated by the average pistoleer. As all-metal pistols, some with decockers, they should appeal to those who like Sigs!

3rd Gen S&W all-metal semi-automatics are good but tend to be under-valued on the market, probably because so many are still turning up from police trade-ins. (There are other issues, too: they are getting harder to find parts for repairs, and their appearance doesn't appeal to everyone). Their reputation is somewhat tarnished, too, by the fact S&W was knocked off the pedestal of "most popular handgun for police departments" by the ubiquitous Glock.

Yep, the SP-2022 is underrated, too, as many here agree; as is the P239. No one seems to be clamoring for them, and they linger on the local sales forum even at considerably discounted prices.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RoverSig,

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
CZ P07. A tragically underrated gun.

You aren't kidding! Mine's a laser..

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
P2000 is a steal - at most SANE gun shops - but if you happen to go into a Gander Mountain I think they sniff glue while simultaneously smoking meth before handling the price gun. I s&*T you not, I was in one today and they had a bone stock P2000 in 9mm with contrast sights, not even night sights, priced at $1092. WTF?? The kid behind the counter told me they are extremely rare and hard to come by. Uhhhhh, yeah....

I agree on the p2000 as I am seeing 9s go for $500-550 brand new sometimes. That is a fine pistol for that price. I also agree about Gander. I won't even go in one of their stores anymore.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M2 Mauser.

Not sure if it's "underrated" but, it definitely flies under the radar. If you ever get the chance to shoot one, do so. It's got a rotating barrel and makes for a great recoil feeling pistol. I have one (.45) and I really like the feel of it whilst shooting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: striperkid,

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by striperkid:
M2 Mauser.

Not sure if it's "underrated" but, it definitely flies under the radar. If you ever get the chance to shoot one, do so. It's got a rotating barrel and makes for a great recoil feeling pistol. I have one (.45) and I really like the feel of it whilst shooting.
Good choice. It is underrated. I have one in 45ACP as well as one that is converted to 10MM Auto

It is astonishing how much recoil is absorbed by the rotating barrel lockup

It makes a fantastic pistol when chambered for the 10MM Auto. Shoots more like a soft 40S&W

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
P2000 is a steal - at most SANE gun shops - but if you happen to go into a Gander Mountain I think they sniff glue while simultaneously smoking meth before handling the price gun. I s&*T you not, I was in one today and they had a bone stock P2000 in 9mm with contrast sights, not even night sights, priced at $1092. WTF?? The kid behind the counter told me they are extremely rare and hard to come by. Uhhhhh, yeah....

I was trying to sell an unfired V3 P2000 9mm LE version (with 3 mags and night sights) locally for about a month. It eventually sold for $550 after I threw in a 50 rd. box of HSTs. Basically, seems like you can't give them away. I should have tried to trade it in at Gander Mountain.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
After reading the 4 pages, I would tend to agree with the Sig SP pistols, the P250 and CZ.
All are good examples of underrated guns, but the CZ less so as it is gathering quite a following.

Springfield XDs are IMO very underrated. They are solid, reliable firearms.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
A lot of these are hammer fired guns in a striker world.

Me I like hammer fired guns. Hell I like revolvers. But I guess I have embraced my inner curmudgeon early in life.

Now kindly get the hell off my lawn. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I think the Makarov is under rated due to its caliber. In terms of accuracy, reliability, and handiness, and durability is is excellent in my view.

However, due to the caliber, its very easy to keep on target for multiple shots and easy for learning shooters to master.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Good God that is fugly!

Good God, that was an awful site load. I didn't realize just how much crap Photobucket forces into a web browser.

And yes, that poor, unfortunate Ruger does push the limits of tolerable taste.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walther PPX, mine is 9mm version. Great bang for the buck. Guess it was the luck of the draw, it has a great trigger, ergonomics, capacity and an overall look that I like.

I'm a confirmed revolver shooter, love my Sig P220s but man, that PPX can put them in there.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dbluefish:
This may be OT a bit as it is old and out of production but it has the sweetest trigger, eats everything including steel ammo, accurate, 15 + 1 and I had a friend dress it up so the perp thinks it is a toy, lol. BTW if I drop the starred mag at night, it glows so I can find it.

http://i226.photobucket.com/al...fish/P85Chagall1.jpg

I'm not sure that I understand the benefit of making a firearm look like a toy, especially look more attractive to children.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
You can buy a CZ75 Pre B for less than $400... or you can buy a current production CZ75 Pre B or Shadow from CZCustom for $1400...

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post