SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is it OK to dry fire a SIG 320?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it OK to dry fire a SIG 320? Login/Join 
posted
Just wanted to be sure. Will only dry fire after cleaning for storage.

Posts: 76 | Location: United States | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes. It's OK to dry fire modern centerfire handguns.

Some older guns and all rimfire guns should not be dry fired.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Always good to check the owners manual or SIG faq section of their website. If it's not mentioned there, you could use snap caps or empty casing.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Pulling the trigger to release the striker for storage is one thing, but dry firing for practice is something else. I would use a snap cap for any kind of practice.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure hope so. Done it a lot after it got back from the upgrade.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
If you drop it, it will dry fire on its own. Razz

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:

Hahaha

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I'd recommend chambering a snap cap for repeated dry fire practice. Just 'cause it's a striker doesn't mean you still can't break something. I've seen Glock breech faces blown out from extensive dry fire, so it's not out of the realm to think that the same can't happen to a 320 slide.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adobesig:

STOP...lol Wink

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post