SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone else waiting for the P320 ASP (Advanced Sport Pellet) to be released?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else waiting for the P320 ASP (Advanced Sport Pellet) to be released? Login/Join 
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted
I am really looking forward to getting one of these to use as a training pistol. I have had one on Pre-Order since March 10th. At Shot Show Sig said these would be released in April, but I guess that didn't happen. My estimated ship date is now 5/12. I am a little disappointed Sig couldn't keep to their schedule on this Air Pistol.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I've gotten (reacquired?) a jaundiced view of any pistol fed by CO2 - those pellets just don't seem to move fast enough, far enough, to make for decent practice for using the centerfire pistol. Having said that, I would love to be proven wrong (and to get one, if that happens) when the air pistol makes it into the wild.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It's not the power per say with C02 it's the variation in velocities as it cools down or heats up. Multi shot C02 pistol really tend to be kind of meh to me. They are loud, usually have crappy triggers, and their accuracy isn't generally anything to crow about. I am not familiar with this particular pistol but that is my general take on the breed.

I have an old RWS C225 which is damn near a perfect replica of a P225. It looks great, feels great, is made fairly well and is a nice example of the breed. I don't really shoot it though because it's so damn loud comparatively speaking and the variability in velocity combined with a crappyish trigger make it really only an occassional Plinker. I guess it would make a fairly good draw and shoot practice gun but for that I'd just assume use the real thing with a laser insert or a good airsoft replica.

Too each their own though.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I like the idea that the gun is pretty much a carbon copy, weight etc as a real P320. So shooting it will be some nice practice, trigger time. I have a .22 trap in the basement that I shoot other air pistols into. I don't have as much time to get to the range as I want and this seems like a decent option for practice.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
I like the idea that the gun is pretty much a carbon copy, weight etc as a real P320. So shooting it will be some nice practice, trigger time. I have a .22 trap in the basement that I shoot other air pistols into. I don't have as much time to get to the range as I want and this seems like a decent option for practice.

I'd be able to setup a target course in my yard with scraps of mild steel and wood from work. A few acres isn't enough for much other than a .22 taking out pests, but it'd be enough to do an air pistol.

Some trigger time is better than no trigger time.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the 226. The dimensions are slightly off and it's nearly useless for practice.

Waste of money (would rather spend it on ammo).

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting since they made the announcement.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00464b:
I have been waiting since they made the announcement.

Seems like waiting on Sig has become the norm now.

Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I received it today. What a great Pellet gun. The gun is identical to my P320! Weight is the same, trigger pull is the same, blow back action is great. Great training tool to get trigger time when I can't get to the range.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Huh. Tell us what the trajectory is like. OTOH, with some of the fairly light pellets on the market nowadays, maybe a lighter pellet would go faster than 430 fps?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So my question is ... aside from the 30-round magazine, how is it different from the P250 ASP?

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:
So my question is ... aside from the 30-round magazine, how is it different from the P250 ASP?

I have the P250 as well. The P320 weight is more consistent to a real gun (identical), the trigger on the P320 ASP is the same as my real P320. The P250 trigger has a lot of slack in it. The P320 beats it all around in my opinion and the 30 round belt fed magazine is a bonus.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
quote:
Originally posted by toivo:

I have the P250 as well. The P320 weight is more consistent to a real gun (identical), the trigger on the P320 ASP is the same as my real P320. The P250 trigger has a lot of slack in it. The P320 beats it all around in my opinion and the 30 round belt fed magazine is a bonus.

Thanks! Very thorough answer! Now I guess I have to get one ...

Anybody wanna buy a P250 ASP? ... ... Bueller? Bueller?

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Having a good trigger that matches the original really puts it ahead of the other CO2 and green gas "knockoffs" that I've tried.

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I just got off of the phone with Sig customer service, and I was disappointed to find out that the trigger is not at all the same as an actual P320. I was told that the trigger pull actually advances the pellet feed, and other things, and that it is not at all like a P320 trigger. He said that the pull weight would be similar, but that it is not going to feel or function like a P320 trigger as to break, reset, etc. The trigger on this gun will be the same as the trigger on their P226 airgun.

It's not a lot of money, and I may get one anyway to play with, but I just wanted to pass on what I was told.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post