SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 96 conversion questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 96 conversion questions. Login/Join 
posted
Is it possible to convert a beretta 96d centurion to 9mm and how involved is it. I know Glocks and Sigs are pretty simple.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Very easy, all you need is a 9mm Bbl, 9mm mags and a 9mm recoil spring.

I've had quite a few 92/96 Berettas and finally slimmed down to one 96G and just bought a new 92/9mm Bbl, 9mm mags and a 9mm recoil spring.

For range use you might even get by with just the 9mm Bbl but as cheap as mags and springs are I just buy both and have had great results.

I'm not sure how plentiful or cheap the shorter centurion Bbls are but the long Bbl will work it just sticks out of the slide pretty far.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much
I found a 96g centurion at a great price, but was not sure if it was that simple.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mustang-PaPa
I have a few more questions relating to the beretta, did not see an email in your profile, could you please email me.
Thank you.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
Mustang-PaPa
I have a few more questions relating to the beretta, did not see an email in your profile, could you please email me.
Thank you.

email sent.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are Compact and Centurion barrels the same length and interchangeable?

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220CDAK:
Are Compact and Centurion barrels the same length and interchangeable?

Yes, both use the same. Bbl, the compact has a shorter frame, where the Centurion uses a full size frame.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same situation as scsigs. I have a 96FS Centurion and would like to convert it to 9mm for range use. Are the barrels available from Beretta or is it necessary or more desirable to get an aftermarket barrel. Suggestions for a barrel are welcome. Thanks.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
very little to be gained from aftermarket barrels, in my experience.

While not ideal, a 9mm bbl in a .40 slide works fine though some folks have noted extraction issues. That can be remedied by swapping in a 9mm extractor if its a problem.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post