SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Range day... new G48 and M&P 2.0 compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Range day... new G48 and M&P 2.0 compact Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Took some toys to the range, finally a chance to shoot the new M&P 2.0 compact and up until now I just put a handful of rounds through the 48. Also brought the G34, G30s, and Sig P225a1.

S&W - I did not like the M&P line at all, and the first 2.0 I fondled wasn't super impressive. Picked up a Shield EZ for the wife a while back and its a nice pistol. Picked this one up for $359, I couldn't pass up that price. Quite a nice pistol I have to say after about 200 rounds today. Very accurate, ergos are good, like the size. The take up on the trigger is a bit long, and when shooting at speed I had a hard time picking up the reset point so I had to let it all the way out between each shot. But there wasn't the gritty feel at all that I have felt on some others. Also for some reason loading the first round in the mag is a bit of a bitch. I don't know exactly why, its like the follower has an odd shape or something, I couldn't just slip the round in like I did with the other pistols. Once the first round was in, no problems on the others. No manual safety on this one, and just plain white 3 dot sights. I found I was shooting it quite well very quickly. The first mag was a nice group but a little left, then after that they were right where I wanted them. I was shooting Speer Lawman 124gr at 7 yards. All in all, I was really impressed. The trigger is a little weak, but I think I can get used to it.

G48 - for some reason I hate the serrated trigger on this one more so then even on the other models. I have replaced them on all of my G19s,but this one for some reason just seemed more intrusive. I wish the mag sat a little more flush, but it wasnt a big deal. Other than that, it performed like a slim glock 19. Shot well, ate everything, accurate, good feel. I will probably put some Talon grips on it, but its a sweet carry pistol. 10 rounds of 9mm, big enough for my large hands to get a full grip on but still nice and slim. Very happy with it.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great report. M&P 2.0 doesn’t get enough credit. Good shooter indeed. I have an original compact heavily moded that I probably should carry more.

I opted for the 43X in lieu of the 48. I concur on the serrated trigger...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'll probably put some Trijicon XDs on the 48

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I ended up getting Ameriglo i-Dots on mine.

I have both types of Trijicon HDs, and found the rear sight to jab me in the gut due to the protruding corner of the rear sight.

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post