SIGforum
Range day... new G48 and M&P 2.0 compact

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4570075554

April 12, 2019, 05:28 PM
Lord Vaalic
Range day... new G48 and M&P 2.0 compact
Took some toys to the range, finally a chance to shoot the new M&P 2.0 compact and up until now I just put a handful of rounds through the 48. Also brought the G34, G30s, and Sig P225a1.

S&W - I did not like the M&P line at all, and the first 2.0 I fondled wasn't super impressive. Picked up a Shield EZ for the wife a while back and its a nice pistol. Picked this one up for $359, I couldn't pass up that price. Quite a nice pistol I have to say after about 200 rounds today. Very accurate, ergos are good, like the size. The take up on the trigger is a bit long, and when shooting at speed I had a hard time picking up the reset point so I had to let it all the way out between each shot. But there wasn't the gritty feel at all that I have felt on some others. Also for some reason loading the first round in the mag is a bit of a bitch. I don't know exactly why, its like the follower has an odd shape or something, I couldn't just slip the round in like I did with the other pistols. Once the first round was in, no problems on the others. No manual safety on this one, and just plain white 3 dot sights. I found I was shooting it quite well very quickly. The first mag was a nice group but a little left, then after that they were right where I wanted them. I was shooting Speer Lawman 124gr at 7 yards. All in all, I was really impressed. The trigger is a little weak, but I think I can get used to it.

G48 - for some reason I hate the serrated trigger on this one more so then even on the other models. I have replaced them on all of my G19s,but this one for some reason just seemed more intrusive. I wish the mag sat a little more flush, but it wasnt a big deal. Other than that, it performed like a slim glock 19. Shot well, ate everything, accurate, good feel. I will probably put some Talon grips on it, but its a sweet carry pistol. 10 rounds of 9mm, big enough for my large hands to get a full grip on but still nice and slim. Very happy with it.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
April 12, 2019, 07:52 PM
CQB60
Great report. M&P 2.0 doesn’t get enough credit. Good shooter indeed. I have an original compact heavily moded that I probably should carry more.

I opted for the 43X in lieu of the 48. I concur on the serrated trigger...

April 14, 2019, 04:07 PM
Lord Vaalic
I'll probably put some Trijicon XDs on the 48

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
April 14, 2019, 04:29 PM
Nismo
I ended up getting Ameriglo i-Dots on mine.

I have both types of Trijicon HDs, and found the rear sight to jab me in the gut due to the protruding corner of the rear sight.