SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Online source for (non-LEO) Federal HST sales?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Online source for (non-LEO) Federal HST sales? Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Boycott manufacturers who follow federal tax laws!



(Wink)
 
Posts: 21435 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
You know - like the East India Company.
 
Posts: 22364 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
It's easy to overthink the subject.
I will continue to use Gold Dot 124+P and use the money I save to practice more. Hitting your target and where you hit your target likely counts for more than what you hit them with.
I'm not giving my money to a company that wants to discriminate against me.
 
Posts: 4430 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I'm not giving my money to a company that wants to discriminate against me.


Are you also boycotting Glock, because they won't sell you a pistol at Blue Label pricing?

Should we be boycotting Sig too? They're apparently discriminating against you with their LE pricing as well.


As Jelly explained on the previous page, the manufacturer doesn't have to pay certain taxes on LE ammo/guns, so they can afford to sell it at a lower price specifically to LE since their cost is lower.

These retailers weren't supposed to be selling LE-marked and non-taxed ammo to the general public. It was supposed to be for LE only from the start. It's just that it wasn't being heavily enforced until now.
 
Posts: 21435 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I'm not giving my money to a company that wants to discriminate against me.


Are you boycotting Glock, because they won't sell you a pistol at Blue Label pricing?

Is Sig discriminating against you by not selling you a P320 for $180? (That's the price the Marine Corps is paying.)

Should we be boycotting Sig too?


I'm not buying them from SIG thousands at a time, bypassing the dealers markup, taxes and other efficiencies of a volume purchase.
Selling ammo to LEO only, one box at a time through a retailer, is not comparable. Federal excise tax, based on a quick search, is 11% on ammo. Selling LEO 50 rounds for less than 20 to a civilian? Do the math.
Glock will sell me a gun at that price each year if I join their club.
 
Posts: 4430 | Location: North GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think we all understand the excise tax, but 11% markup doesn't get you from $20 / 50rds to $20 for 20rds - that's 150% markup, not 11%, or even 50%.

Of course a business needs profits and many would probably be surprised at the profit margins on stuff they use, eat, or drink everyday....
 
Posts: 40000 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I can understand the 150% markup between $12/box FMJ training ammo and $30/box SD ammo. You've got nickel-plated cases, low-flash powders, more expensive projectiles, etc. But a 150% markup for the EXACT same thing, just because of different packaging and an 11% tax is harder to swallow.


<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates
 
Posts: 5151 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
I've purchased ammunition for my agency several times. Only law enforcement agencies are exempt from FET and requires verification. Individuals are not.
 
Posts: 3518 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
I've purchased ammunition for my agency several times. Only law enforcement agencies are exempt from FET and requires verification. Individuals are not.



That's not the issue here.

9mm HST was recently selling for less than $20 per 50 round box retail. Now it's $30. That's over 50% increase to "cover" the 11% FET?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1er0TsaOGpU


+++
 
Posts: 1501 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It's a cash grab, plain and simple. It would be easy to cover the 11% by adding...

wait for it...

...an additional 11%.

But why add 11% when you can add more than 111%...
 
Posts: 23014 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman


That's not the issue here.

9mm HST was recently selling for less than $20 per 50 round box retail. Now it's $30. That's over 50% increase to "cover" the 11% FET?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1er0TsaOGpU


It's still selling for $20 for non-LEO, both standard and +P, you just have to know where to look. I just ordered some an hour ago.

.
 
Posts: 5 | Registered: February 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I like AmmoToGo.com and it looks like they have some of the HST 50-round boxes i've ordered from them in years passed.


☣Biohazard☣
 
Posts: 7019 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
I've purchased ammunition for my agency several times. Only law enforcement agencies are exempt from FET and requires verification. Individuals are not.



That's not the issue here.

9mm HST was recently selling for less than $20 per 50 round box retail. Now it's $30. That's over 50% increase to "cover" the 11% FET?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1er0TsaOGpU


That's precisely the issue. I'm saying FET is not in play here at all. It can't be because individual officers are not exempt from FET.
 
Posts: 3518 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
It's easy to overthink the subject.
I will continue to use Gold Dot 124+P and use the money I save to practice more. Hitting your target and where you hit your target likely counts for more than what you hit them with.
I'm not giving my money to a company that wants to discriminate against me.


Good luck with that. It's the same company - Vista Outdoors - they own both Speer & Federal. And a ton of other outdoors recreational companies as well. This little cash grab is just that: all about the money - more profits. Perhaps you "defenders" don't remember back when most all ammunition came in 50 round boxes? Just like cereal, automobiles, dog food, potato chips, whatever.....reduce the quantity in the box and raise the price. Amusing how many don't seem to grasp the concept.



----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
 
Posts: 1325 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Perhaps you "defenders" don't remember back when most all ammunition came in 50 round boxes? Just like cereal, automobiles, dog food, potato chips, whatever.....reduce the quantity in the box and raise the price. Amusing how many don't seem to grasp the concept.


Most all pistol ammo still does. Except commercial hollowpoint ammo.

Even "back in the day" 25+ years ago, those tended to come in lesser quantities of 20/25.

Perhaps you don't remember? Wink

This is not new. The wide availability of 50 round boxes of premium defensive ammo on the commercial market is what's new.





 
Posts: 21435 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Oooh Rogue, you got those DANGEROUS BLACK TALONS!!! Wink Wink

Big Grin
 
Posts: 40000 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, man... Cop killers. Teflon coated, to cut through body armor like butter. Banned in 49 states. Costs more than you make in a month.
 
Posts: 21435 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Yep Rogue, I remember those boutique rounds. And I recall buying HydraShocks in 50 round boxes too. As far as I'm concerned, the Talons and Starfires were the test cases as to whether the market would accept lower qty boxes of SD ammunition at premium prices. The hue and cry re. Talons forced Winchester to change the name and I was buying 50 round boxes of the Ranger T's at my LGS. Oh well, we'll simply have to disagree on this one......but I am right. Smile Smile



----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
 
Posts: 1325 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johnkn:
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman


That's not the issue here.

9mm HST was recently selling for less than $20 per 50 round box retail. Now it's $30. That's over 50% increase to "cover" the 11% FET?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1er0TsaOGpU


It's still selling for $20 for non-LEO, both standard and +P, you just have to know where to look. I just ordered some an hour ago.

.


Care to share the vendor name?


"No matter where you go - there you are"
 
Posts: 3400 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I buy mine from ammunitionstore.com. They are local to me but do ship. I bought some of the 147 grain HST a couple months back and it was under $20 for 50 rounds, now almost $25

http://ammunitionstore.com/pro...g1-50-round-box.html
 
Posts: 2071 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Online source for (non-LEO) Federal HST sales?

© SIGforum 2018