SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on newer Colt 1911s?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on newer Colt 1911s? Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I like my Blued O1991, but then again it was only $650 when Colt was foundering a couple years back.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BKLYNIRISH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
I love my new Colt Wiley Clapp Lightweight Commander in 45 ACP!

I guess it's just me, but certain product names just turn me off, despite what the product is. Like 'Muscle Milk'...that just sounds gross.

Well, it's the same with that model. No offense the aforementioned gunwriter, but the idea of having a gun with than name shys me off.

"Hey man, what model Colt 1911 ya' got there?"
"I got the Clapp!"

I call her NightClapp.

Colt Wiley Clapp Commander by Nighthawk Custom:

Reliability Enhancement Package

Nighthawk Match Grade Complete Trigger Job, 3.5 - 4.0 lb. (Including all new fully machined parts) Hammer, Sear, Disconnector, Trigger, and Sear Spring **Set trigger pull to 4lbs**

Ambidextrous safety, Install, Fit and Tune

Install and Fit Blended One Piece Magwell/Mainspring Housing (Falcon), cut from forging

Install Hex Head Grip Screws and Bushing set

Anodize Aluminum Frame, finish small frame parts to match

**Install customer supplied VZ Operator II grips**

Install Nighthawk 2 Dot Rear Sight & Tritium Front Sight

Test Fire, Inspection, and Target

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpd13:
Good to hear the positivity! I'm thinking a stainless Competition 38 Super is going to be the next toy.

Love my plain jane Colt Super 38 Government.

Great trigger right of the box. I don’t want to even touch it...

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Wiley Clapp CCO that I really like (considering that my other 1911’s are from Wilson’s that’s saying something). I carry the slightly modified (ambidextrous safety, night sights and armor tough finish) Colt when I don’t want to put too much wear and tear on one of the Wilson’s. The Colt came with the dual spring system and I cannot seem to find replacement springs from Colt. I know that this is a minor gripe, but geesh Louise, it is an annoyance. Other than that, for the money spent, I’m happy.

Posts: 84 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post