SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Son's first firearm purchase - Glock
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Son's first firearm purchase - Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Damn kids!!!! lol

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
I recommend he get the G45 . It will have the improved ejection. Mine throws brass a good 15 feet from the 3 o’clock position.

I concur with the above statement.
I love my Gen 2 G17s, but the G45 is hard to beat with a compact size slide and a full size grip (with no finger grooves)..

Slap an OEM +2 mag base on the mag and you've got 20 rds in hand.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
G45 are the inbetweener love mine also love the 43x with the shield mags.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
I recommend he get the G45 . It will have the improved ejection. Mine throws brass a good 15 feet from the 3 o’clock position.

How do the folks on the right of you on the firing line like that?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Gen4 G17. It's setup for HD with a Crimson Trace, Trijicon night sights and TLR7 light. With three 17 round mags its a nice package.

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

Posts: 16 | Location: NW FL  | Registered: February 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the feedback!

Went to the LGS and there was only One Glock in the case. Covid love and silly people have depleted the local stock.

He's on the wait list for the next delivery so we'll see how that plays out.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock 17 Gen 5s seem to be getting good reviews. Best advice I can give on a new glock is get one with good sights, then read the manual, follow it, go to the range and shoot. They are very reliable pistols and don't need to be messed with.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with Glocks, they make for a fine defense pistol. I own, and prefer the G19 Gen 5, just CCW's easier in my opinion.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Well it's all over now. Son phoned me up to say he found one less than 20 miles away and the shop owner was holding it for him.

Ended up with a brand new G19 gen 5 and 200 rounds to start.

Looks like we'll both be at the range in a day or two to try it out.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Sounds good! My opinion - it turned out better (I'm a 19 fan). Can't go wrong with a Gen 5 19!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post