SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Heads up: LE trade in DAK P22x at AIM
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heads up: LE trade in DAK P22x at AIM Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
226 and 229 in .40 and 220s, all DAK it seems.

I'd grab them if they were 9mm, but alas.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
So tempting. I don't need to select a nice looking one so $389 would be fine for me. I've never shot a DAK before. How is it?

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Two things kill my desire for a SIG Sauer hangun.

DAK and 40S&W.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Two things kill my desire for a SIG Sauer hangun.

DAK and 40S&W.

Having tried various flavors of both, I agree.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
And the reason they are sooo cheap is there is minimal demand for these type of handguns.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
So tempting. I don't need to select a nice looking one so $389 would be fine for me. I've never shot a DAK before. How is it?

If you like revolvers, you'll probably like it. It's a light (~6-8lbs) DA pull for every shot if you let the trigger out completely. It has a heavier reset that you can catch if you let the trigger partway out. If you shoot DA well, give it a try. I only had one DAK out of mostly DA/SA guns, and I couldn't consistently hit with it. I'm sure I could have improved that with more practice, but I opted to convert to DA/SA instead. And in case you are wondering, that conversion was ~$200 in parts, last time I looked, but you can do it yourself.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They have a DA/SA for $400, that's the one to get if your not sure about DAK. If I had the project $, I'd get it (the DA/SA one) and a .357 SIG barrel, always wanted to play with that caliber.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living In A Wild Place
posted Hide Post
Thanks P220 sound interesting.

Posts: 295 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post