SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365XL 15 round mag appearance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL 15 round mag appearance Login/Join 
posted
I just got my 365XL today and would like to get a 15 round magazine. Is it just me or does this configuration distract from the flush fitting and aligned design of the gun?

It just looks odd to me being off set from the frame.

Posts: 16 | Registered: March 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the 15 round mag looks ungainly and only makes sense, for me as a back up mag.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Use the 12 rounders that come with the 365XL.
Load them now to break in the magazine spring.
PIA to load.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never worried about show and tell. I couldn't care less how it looks.

I keep a 10 round mag with an extension, or a 12 round magazine in the P365, with one or two 15 round magazines in pockets as spares.

If you think the 15 round magazine looks odd in the XL, it looks more so in the P365. If I need those rounds, I won't worry one bit about the appearance.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I never worried about show and tell. I couldn't care less how it looks.

I keep a 10 round mag with an extension, or a 12 round magazine in the P365, with one or two 15 round magazines in pockets as spares.

If you think the 15 round magazine looks odd in the XL, it looks more so in the P365. If I need those rounds, I won't worry one bit about the appearance.

This. My hand is wrapped around it, who cares how it looks. I carry 15 rounders as spares.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The Magguts people are working on a +2 spring kit for the stock flush 12 rounders. That may be an interesting alternative to the 15 rounders.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the mags cost too much. However I have 2 -365's so I am buying 2 mags that will wok with both guns which are the XL mags.

Scouts Out

Posts: 1118 | Registered: May 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The Magguts people are working on a +2 spring kit for the stock flush 12 rounders. That may be an interesting alternative to the 15 rounders.

My current carry for the last year as been an FN509C w/ RMR06 on it. If and a big "IF" these are reliable, my P365XL may take over my primary carry. 14 plus 1 and a 17 round spare is pretty damn cool. The video's I've seen on their 12 and 10 round P365 models, have been impressive.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the 15 for range days and as a backup magazine. But I also have the magguts in my 12 rounder so that I can carry 14+1 in the XL sized setup.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg45FL
posted Hide Post
If it bothers you Tactical Development has a baseplate called XL 15 Pro Grip for Sig P365 XL that wraps all the way around the magazine and matches the contour of the grip. They are constantly selling out but you can get notified when they are in stock. I purchased a couple for my 15 round magazines and they work well and look a lot better than the OEM baseplate.

Posts: 48 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ interesting. They even have an adapter for the rail to make it flush with the slide.

I like how they include several pictures with different lights installed.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is great. Much appreciated.

Posts: 16 | Registered: March 29, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Just curious: Did you order yours a while ago, or is it available in your area? I've been looking in my area (NW Chicago suburbs) and there are none to be found.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post