SIGforum
P365 Newbie, have problems

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4560070444

July 07, 2018, 10:22 AM
Chazman1946
P365 Newbie, have problems
I have rented a P365 at a nearby shooting range and have shot it several times before ordering one, this was the Gen 1 Model.

Well my brand new one came in yesterday, born date 28 June 2018. The trigger on the new one has a long take up and a gritty feeling break, nothing like the rental. I put 50 rounds of American Eagle through it with no hiccups.

My main gripe is the magazines, they are the stiffest, hardest Springs I have experienced, and I have owned dozens of pistols. I literally can't get the tenth round in the one with the extended pinky, the other flat plate one will take 10 but only after several trys to get the last 3 or 4 roinds stuffed.

By the end of the shooting of 50 roinds the tips of my thumbs are as sore as hellike stuffing the ammo

I thought the magazines on My Springfield Arms .40 call were stiff, they feel down right buttery in comparison.

The mags on the rental aren't one half as stiff, what gives?
July 07, 2018, 10:25 AM
Chowser
Maglula uplula

Maglula UpLULA Magazine Speed Loader 9mm, 0.45 ACP UP60B https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001...cp_api_XSnqBbR7Q1BRK

Or shoot more. Mine loosened up after a few sessions.

Not minority enough!
July 07, 2018, 10:25 AM
barry1967
Maglula is your friend. I use one all the time.
Older fingers not happy loading mags.

Your 365 springs will get better. Smile

More than a few, less than others!

July 07, 2018, 11:56 AM
snwghst
load the mags to max, remove 1 round and let it sit for a few days. This loosened my 12 rd mag up some

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever
July 07, 2018, 12:44 PM
Stroonz
Maglula is the best tool I ever bought!
July 07, 2018, 01:15 PM
az4783054
The first time I shot my P365, I fired about 250 rds through the five magazines I have for it. My fingers cramped up just from trying to hold onto those tiny magazines and load them. Didn't do the carpel tunnel any good, either.

I bought a loader that day. Should I turn in my man card?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
July 07, 2018, 01:19 PM
H&K-Guy
Yet another vote for the 'Lula. These little gems really extend an otherwise painful afternoon at the range.

H&K-Guy
July 07, 2018, 01:32 PM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:

The mags on the rental aren't one half as stiff, what gives?

The rental mags have been loaded...hundreds or thousands of times...and your new pistol...once.

Load your mags numerous times and see what happens.

If the trigger is "gritty," did you clean and lubricate the pistol before firing?
July 07, 2018, 01:33 PM
10-7 leo
One of my P320s had a little roughness during the process of releasing the striker. I cleaned out the striker channel and wiped off the striker and it improved. If you feel comfortable working on your own pistols here are a few videos on the P365 slide disassembly- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aonxdihPyg0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ8iiaVKBz0

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin
July 07, 2018, 02:36 PM
Strambo
Yup...the intricate solution is just to shoot it more!

Dry-fire the snot out of the trigger as well.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page
July 07, 2018, 08:42 PM
SIGWolf
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Maglula uplula

Maglula UpLULA Magazine Speed Loader 9mm, 0.45 ACP UP60B https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001...cp_api_XSnqBbR7Q1BRK

Or shoot more. Mine loosened up after a few sessions.

+1

Don't know what it is. Ever since 2004 I have been shooting all kinds of firearms and always loaded the mags by hand.

However, I have a CZ Tactical Sport with 21 round magazines, a CZ Shadow 2 with 17 round mags, a P320 with 14 round mags, .357sig and finally the P365. I cannot load the last rounds in any of them without the loader. I could hardly get more than 10 or 12 into the Tactical Sport mags.

Don't know what it is, perhaps my fingers just aren't what they used to be, but it seems to be a trend.

Let go of your pride and save your fingers! Smile Big Grin
July 08, 2018, 08:09 PM
Chazman1946
Found a slip on magazine loader I had for my Walther PPQ worked on my P365, even using that I can't get the last round into the Sig 10 round mag with the pinky extension.

It's almost as if it's a 9 round mag instead, just won't depress enough to take the 10th round??

I dry fired the pistol about a hundred times and the trigger is improving a lot, the magazines are the quandary.
July 08, 2018, 08:36 PM
snoris
This issue is normal with new 10-round magazines. I had the same issue.

If you can’t find a Maglula, here’s the way I got the springs loosened up:

Find a plastic item with a fairly narrow end, like the handle of a toothbrush. Then, load nine rounds.

With the plastic tool, push down on the top of the ninth round just in front of the feeder lips and just behind the ridge where the bullet and case meet. Do this slowly about 10 times. Then take the 10th round and push it down.

The 10th cartridge won’t go in the first time, but keep doing the 10-press toothbrush handle routine several times. Each time, you’ll get a little closer to getting that 10th round in under the feeder lips.

After filling up and shooting each 10-round magazine through about six or seven times, it’ll be fairly easy to fully load the 10-rounders.

I had no problem with my 10-rounders after doing this.q
July 09, 2018, 07:28 AM
Warhorse
I have to also recommend Maglula, it is a fantastic product.

July 09, 2018, 09:18 AM
molachi
I agree Maglula is the best way to load mags. I've been using one since 2006. Couldn't load mags without it.
July 09, 2018, 01:15 PM
JAFO
Even with a Maglula, I can just barely press the 9th round down far enough to slip the 10th under the feed lips. They definitely didn't leave any extra room in those mags.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates
July 09, 2018, 02:25 PM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
They definitely didn't leave any extra room in those mags.

That's the idea; it's supposed to be small.

I haven't noticed any difficulty loading the P365 mags, whether new or "broken in," and regardless of whether 10 rd. or 12 rd. mags.
July 09, 2018, 03:29 PM
JAFO
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I haven't noticed any difficulty loading the P365 mags, whether new or "broken in," and regardless of whether 10 rd. or 12 rd. mags.

My 12's aren't bad, but both my 10's are still tight to load the last round, even after being loaded a dozen times or so. I haven't noticed any difference between the flat baseplate and the pinky extension mag, though. In fact, I've noticed I pull low with the flat plate. I'd like to find an extra pinky extension baseplate for that mag one of these days.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates
July 09, 2018, 06:21 PM
patw
Maglula is a solid investment.
July 09, 2018, 08:33 PM
vthoky
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Maglula Uplula Magazine Speed Loader 9mm, 0.45 ACP UP60B

Maglula. From our own Greg Cote.
( Linky.)