SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Opinions on HK P30
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on HK P30 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We have 6 decocker only P30s as range guns.

they are well made and mechanically reliable. In the two years I've worked the range, I've never observed one malfunction.

I have had American shooters accidentally drop the magazine due to the magazine release configuration. But, that's a shooter issue not the gun.

As mentioned, the trigger doesn't win awards, but its serviceable and safe. Try out the light LEM trigger. I really like it better than the standard DA/SA.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
I love my P30SK and shoot it quite well. LEM v1 light LEM and it is very nice. Great weapon.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
You *can* do a DIY kit on the P30 which reduces overtravel, reset, and pull weight.

Bruce Gray offers it at his website.

GG P30 kit - thumb safety

Just make sure to order the right one.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are only a few HK P30 pistols on GB (and these seem to be outrageously high priced) compared to other popular brands. Where is a good place to find them at competitive prices?

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
There are only a few HK P30 pistols on GB (and these seem to be outrageously high priced) compared to other popular brands. Where is a good place to find them at competitive prices?

Classic Firearms has a grey frame P30S for $499.99, in stock.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
P30s are very good, but I personally prefer the P2000 series of H&K.

If the P2000 didn't exist, I'd probably have a P30 - or just stuck with Glock. But they do, and so I don't/didn't. Wink

Posts: 10748 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all the feedback. I thought a LEM trigger was like a Sig DAK. I didn't understand it until I watched the video below. Now I want a LEM.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
P30s are still VHTF because HK-USA isn't getting much out of the Fatherland. Lately I gotten more SP5Ks than I'm getting P30s or USPs of any type. Our local rep has told me that HK has been (kinda) all-in with the VP series pistols but production of the hammer guns has been relegated to intermittent status until they can clear out some of these contract orders they have. Even available quantities of VP9s are on the low side; I got my order in and hopefully reserved but it's not like their U.S. warehouse is filled to the brim with the strikers either.

Guns that I had ordered last spring 2018 that I was still waiting on wound up getting canceled by HK (Germany, I think, not USA), and I had to start the process all over again for 2019. Oh-so-fun times when dealing with a company with too little floor space and money to expand.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We shot Sig's (226 & 229) consistently for 2.5 yrs, then acquired a P30SK V1 9mm for my wife and she LOVES it, and it's become her carry gun. For people with small hands, that have trouble with trigger reach, the LEM is a very nice solution, IMO.
I was so impressed with her gun, especially for a sub-compact, that I bought a V1 P30, and it's now my carry gun. The LEM trigger is very unique, and for those who are familiar with DA/SA, it should be an easy transition, although I realize not all DA/SA fans will like it.
Overall, I've been very impressed with the H&K P30's...very well built, accurate, and the ergos are second to none!

Posts: 198 | Location: SE Louisiana  | Registered: August 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I appreciate all the feedback. I thought a LEM trigger was like a Sig DAK. I didn't understand it until I watched the video below. Now I want a LEM.
Light LEM is really great. It's like an auto-decocking smooth light 2-stage trigger.

Effortless takeup, then a crisp 2-3lb break. Ride to reset and fire with the same crisp SA like break. Release the trigger more and the hammer lowers.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the lead striker1. There does seem to be a few of those with grey frames out there but I'm not too keen on that look to be honest. There are however what seem to be fair deals on P30s in 40 caliber, but the 9mm version is what I'm after.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of agent1138
posted Hide Post
I recently got a great deal on a P30L in 9mm in LEM and I couldn't be happier. Super accurate and a joy to shoot. Highly recommended!

Keep Calm and Carry Concealed

Posts: 677 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Don’t take this as Gospel but scuttlebutt is the gray frames were not imported by HK and may not be warranteed the same or at all.

Again I don’t say this FACT just that it might be worth confirming before jumping on one.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
FYI. On HKPro a forum member in the know has said that the gray frame HK P30s are not covered by HK factory warranty because a third party made the gray frames.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
FYI. On HKPro a forum member in the know has said that the gray frame HK P30s are not covered by HK factory warranty because a third party made the gray frames.

Clarification:

The grey frame P30S is a complete German gun, imported by RGuns instead of HK USA. The frame is marked “Heckler & Koch GmbH - Made in Germany” on the right side just behind the accessory rail. The importer mark is “RGUNS CARPENTERSVILLE IL”.

The MPN is M730903SGY-A5.

The included manual is in German, not English.

The pistol isn’t under any warranty by HK-USA, but instead H&K GmbH.

I’ve never really thought about it, but RGuns might cover any warranty issues stateside. I may call them on Monday.

RB

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

If the P2000 didn't exist, I'd probably have a P30 - or just stuck with Glock. But they do, and so I don't/didn't. Wink

^^^^^^
I think the P2000 is the Glock 19 of the HK P series.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I called RGUNS this morning and they said that they do provide warranty coverage for their imported HK pistols.

RB

posted Hide Post
I’ve had the P30L for around 6-7 years. Great ergos. Its hard to find a pistol that feels better in your hand. Trigger could probably use a spring kit, but its not bad. Weapon functions beautifully. Never a hiccup from mine. I replaced the glow in the dark sights with some tritium. Fit and finish are excellent. Would definitely buy it again if I lost mine somehow.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

^^^^^^
I think the P2000 is the Glock 19 of the HK P series.

Don't have a G19, but second that. I have a P30, and P30SK, but prefer the P2000. Great carry gun and a terrific trigger. Best shooter I own and prefer its trigger over the Walther PPQ.

Posts: 65 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great carry gun and a terrific trigger.

Now let’s not talk crazy now. Razz.

I prefer the P2K as well. My favorite all around semi auto.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post