SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Truly Custom Kydex AIWB Holster? My gun, rare rail adapter, WML custom?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truly Custom Kydex AIWB Holster? My gun, rare rail adapter, WML custom? Login/Join 
Picture of sjames
posted
Tangential thought on holsters while I await my new 365XL. I've never been interested in the Sig light or laser and it could be argued that on a small gun like the 365, it's potentially unneeded, especially when doing deep concealment.

In getting this XL, there's a pretty neat, low profile rail adapter that enables the use of more common lights...SF XC1, TLR 7, etc.

Before buying the rail and light, I wondered if there was a really custom holster maker that might have the blue gun for a XL and could take my rail adapter and flashlight and make me a custom holster.

I'm sure there is...and I'm sure you guys know them...hence the thread!

Who can do it?

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Milt Sparks would be where I looked fist.

They helped us with getting a holster for the 10mm P220 when it first came out.

The good part is they are well made and last for decades depending on which family member it gets handed down to.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try PJ Holsters:

I ordered an IWB for my G19 a few months ago. Very good quality and design, reasonable prices. I had a Q and he got back to me in two hours. Delivered in one week.

https://pjholster.com/

His motto is "Custom holsters at stock prices". Huge variety of stock options. I've also used Sparks since 1972, great stuff.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Try PJ Holsters:

I ordered an IWB for my G19 a few months ago. Very good quality and design, reasonable prices. I had a Q and he got back to me in two hours. Delivered in one week.

https://pjholster.com/

His motto is "Custom holsters at stock prices". Huge variety of stock options. I've also used Sparks since 1972, great stuff.

Thanks. I’ll contact them and see what they can turn out.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't see why you couldn't ship the holster maker your light, then he can fasten it to his gun mold and mold the holster around the assembled light and gun. (This assumes that the mold also has a rail, not just conforming to the outer contours.) Can't hurt to ask.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have real good luck dealing with concealment express and tier1concealed for my sig and cz holsters.

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I don't see why you couldn't ship the holster maker your light, then he can fasten it to his gun mold and mold the holster around the assembled light and gun. (This assumes that the mold also has a rail, not just conforming to the outer contours.) Can't hurt to ask.

That's what I'm trying to do. I've been in contact with one maker and he's willing but I'm trying to iron out the details.

posted Hide Post
What kind of holster? If Kydex, buy the one that’s closest to what you want, put it in the oven at 200 for a couple minutes (keep an eye on it!) and when it gets soft, pull it out, plop your gun with laser/light/Aimpoint/10X Leipold/bayonet, whatever you have on there. Use your GLOVED hand (ask me how I know you need to use a glove) to conform the Kydex to the accessories. If I remember correctly, you have about a minute to 90 seconds to work.

If you screw it up or just don’t think it’s perfect, rinse and repeat till you get it right.

Now if you meant leather...

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMan:
What kind of holster? If Kydex, buy the one that’s closest to what you want, put it in the oven at 200 for a couple minutes (keep an eye on it!) and when it gets soft, pull it out, plop your gun with laser/light/Aimpoint/10X Leipold/bayonet, whatever you have on there. Use your GLOVED hand (ask me how I know you need to use a glove) to conform the Kydex to the accessories. If I remember correctly, you have about a minute to 90 seconds to work.

If you screw it up or just don’t think it’s perfect, rinse and repeat till you get it right.

Now if you meant leather...

Hmmm...I MIGHT try this with a cheap holster first.

The only issue is getting one big enough...