SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for a Kydex holster for gen5 glock
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a Kydex holster for gen5 glock Login/Join 
posted
Can someone point me to somewhere I can get a OWB kydex holster for a Glock 17M w/weapon light.

I've wasted $100 on one thus far to find it wouldn't work w/my 17M- or my x200, resulting in me already purchasing a x300. So before I waste more $, I'm sure someone here knows. Hopefully someone has created molds for a 17M/gen 5 17.

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vedder or Bravo Concealment.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
+1 for Bravo Concealment. Excellent quality. Fast shipping. And reasonable prices.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
I second Vedder!

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
You could try LAG Tactical. Many options, and their work is top notch.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I'll highly recommend the safariland ALS line of holsters.

https://holsterops.com/collect...-7376-7377-7378-7379

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I'm a big fan of those holsters as well, but they're not really concealment holsters. Too bulky. They're designed more for open carry/plainclothes use.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

I'm a big fan of those holsters as well, but they're not really concealment holsters. Too bulky. They're designed more for open carry/plainclothes use.

Yes, have one on a battle belt, works great when the situation calls for it but it doesn't go well with a suit. I'll check out some of the suggestions, thanks.

Posts: 880 | Registered: October 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Try Squared Away Customs in New Hampshire. Great small business, veteran owned and he gives veterans discounts. Mark, the owner is a great guy and has lots of options on his 'holster Finder" page.
https://www.squaredawaycustoms.com/

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crossbreed holsters

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

I've read his post three times. I actually read it twice before I posted to make sure it wasn't limited to concealment holsters only.

Thread title says "looking for a kydex holster for a Gen5 Glock".

The body of the text states-

quote:
Can someone point me to somewhere I can get a OWB kydex holster for a Glock 17M w/weapon light.

I've wasted $100 on one thus far to find it wouldn't work w/my 17M- or my x200, resulting in me already purchasing a x300. So before I waste more $, I'm sure someone here knows. Hopefully someone has created molds for a 17M/gen 5 17.

Nowhere does it state concealment. The only requirements are kydex, OWB and for a Gen5 17 with light.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Easy, Jerry. I wasn't saying you are wrong. I was just adding that extra bit of detail, for folks who didn't know.

The fact is, I've known several people who bought ALS holsters expecting to use them for concealed carry, and been sorely disappointed.

Folks just don't realize that they're not concealment holsters, especially when ordering online. In addition, Safariland lists them on their website under the "Concealable" category, which is misleading. So I try to add a disclaimer like that anytime the ALS holsters are brought up in discussion, to hopefully save some folks the hassle/expense of buying an unsuitable holster, unless they're specifically asking about a range/open carry holster.

But you're correct that the OP didn't specify until 10 posts in (and after your post) that he was wanting something to conceal under a suit. Which is an important extra bit of info, to be sure.

And for open carry purposes, the ALS holsters are superb.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Fair enough.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
NSR TACTICAL, they are good holsters the wait is about 8 weeks, but good stuff. They are having a 20% off sale on the entire website, with a chance to win a training class and a case of ammo with purchase.

Check them out:

https://www.nsrtactical.com/co...om-cth-l-owb-holster

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
https://www.bravoconcealment.c...iwb-torsion-holsters

Holds gun in tight, comfortable, 30 day money-back guarantee.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Raven Concealment. The best IMHO..

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Ozarks Holster Co. I had an IWB model for a G19 from him and it was very good.

The owner is a member here:

Ozarks Holsters

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jac1304:
Try http://www.blackpointtactical.com, give them a call.

I like the OWB I have from them for my G43, you need to measure the belt you will be wearing and buy the one with the appropriate sized loops for your belt.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post