SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking for a Kydex holster for gen5 glock
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a Kydex holster for gen5 glock Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Raven Concealment. The best IMHO..

A couple years ago, I would have agreed with you. But Raven has gone downhill lately.

They discontinued their flagship Phantom holsters, and have switched to a new design (that's cheaper/easier to mass-produce). They also switched from using Kydex to using (cheaper) injection-molded plastic.

To make matters worse, they're only offering OWB holsters for four different handgun models now.

Like most holster makers that grow to a certain size, they've basically gone from offering high quality custom holsters to cranking out lesser quality mass-produced holsters using cheaper materials.

A huge disappointment, as they were one of my go-to holster makers in years past. I'm glad I stocked up on kydex Raven Phantom holsters when I had the chance...

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like most holster makers that grow to a certain size, they've basically gone from offering high quality custom holsters to offering cheaper mass-produced holsters.A huge disappointment.

Agree with this, I wanted an OWB scabbard for a new Glock 26 and found a slightly used Raven Phantom holster on Ebay. The OWB holster that they are making now... no thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Raven Concealment. The best IMHO..

A couple years ago, I would have agreed with you. But Raven has gone downhill lately.

They discontinued their flagship Phantom holsters, and have switched to a new design (that's cheaper/easier to mass-produce). They also switched from using Kydex to using (cheaper) injection-molded plastic.

To make matters worse, they're only offering OWB holsters for four different handgun models now.

Like most holster makers that grow to a certain size, they've basically gone from offering high quality custom holsters to cranking out lesser quality mass-produced holsters using cheaper materials.

A huge disappointment, as they were one of my go-to holster makers in years past. I'm glad I stocked up on kydex Raven Phantom holsters when I had the chance...

Quoted for truth!!!

Raven Phantoms are Awesome. Then Raven felt the need to discontinue that line and go CHEAP. I have stocked up on five Phantoms for the G19 which work equally well with my two G19.5 or two G26.5 that I use for EDC. I think Raven Concealment made a very stupid mistake. I wonder how long it will take for them to reintroduce the Phantom as their Retro or Classic Model??? Big Grin

DOUG
Military Police = MP = Mike Papa

Posts: 245 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Give www.gearcraftholsters.com a try. They make some quality stuff.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Also agree about Raven. Not even sure where I stuck their new Eidolon. I stopped using it. I still use their Vanguard 2 minimalist holsters for my guns without lights.

I ordered an OWB holster from squared away for my 32 w/TLR-7.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
https://www.bravoconcealment.c...iwb-torsion-holsters

Holds gun in tight, comfortable, 30 day money-back guarantee.

Agree on the torsion holster from bravo concealment, its a great option.
I am a bit more happy with the vedder holster I also have. The vedder holsters have more customizable options, and just feels to be higher quality.
Vedder has options for gen 5 glocks, and you can also request accommodations for an extended slide lock.

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.kt-mech.com/model_g...LOCK_17-22_6001.html
These folks make a nice holster for a reasonable price. I am not familiar with all the light models but you may find one that works for your set up.

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post