SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    after market Legionizing of a non Legion Sig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

after market Legionizing of a non Legion Sig Login/Join 
posted
If a fella wanted a Sig , but they don't offer that particular gun in the Legion series.

Could a real good gunsmith look at a Legion , to see what might make it extra special , then do the same treatment to the non legion gun ?

I am searching for what makes a Legion , a Legion , w/o success.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
We only tell members, you need to join first.

I think Ferrari Steve made a video of how to legionize a 226.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cant say if I am Legion like or not, but it must be close:
Late 80s German 226.
New night sights.
Matte gray moly coat by CoyoteKiller.
Trigger job and SRT by Robert Burke.
What's left? Grips and coin, I guess.
No rail or tail.
Total investment thus far: About $750.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The beavertail, undercut trigger guard and checkering can’t be replicated without spending a fortune.

What I did to my W German P226 was GGI trigger job, short reset mod, P SAIT trigger and Trijicon HDs, that gets it most of the way there.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
You get the Legion coin, which is acceptance into the Legion Club and proof that you paid the Legion cost. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
could it double the cost of a P225 A-1 ?
to have The Gray gun guys attempt the procedure's necessary ?

example:
Gun: $959.00
Mods, parts, labor :$1,600.00
Eek

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bendable, is this tongue in cheek? I can't tell. Seriously just get the dang trigger worked on by Bruce (or an equivalent) and you are there. Coin, logo on top, trigger guard, etc. don't mean squat. Heck if I can find one (they didn't mean anything to me) I'll contribute the coin. Now sometimes Sig does you no favors. I like the SAO legion guns and you get to pick between the legion guns or silly choices (like the .22 and upgrade or RX with the crap sig sight). But OK that's a marketing issue.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking at the P225A1, the frame is high cut under trigger and checkered. If you got a GGI trigger job, Trijicon HDs, P224 controls and G10 grips you’d basically have a Legion minus beavertail, finish and medallion. You’d also be at about $600 plus base gun.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
bendable, is this tongue in cheek?

call it curious,
I've wanted a 225 pretty much since they re-introduced them.

but I hear the legion owners singing their praises on a regular basis.

and I would not miss the coin or logo in the least .

good points , thanks for taking the time

Picture of Scsu74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
If a fella wanted a Sig , but they don't offer that particular gun in the Legion series.

Could a real good gunsmith look at a Legion , to see what might make it extra special , then do the same treatment to the non legion gun ?

I am searching for what makes a Legion , a Legion , w/o success.

The Legion isn't that special.. It's an elite frame/slide with low pro decocker/slide release, g10 grips, GGI drop in trigger, a shitty PVD finish and shitty knockoff HD sights.

Buy any elite framed Sig, swap the slide release and you're pretty much there.

X-Carry (ACRO & DPP slides), X5 x2 (w/ DPPs, gas pedals, Springer guide rods)

Posts: 293 | Location: Up Nort | Registered: July 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I handled a P226 Legion. Seemed like a decent gun. I realize it's just personal preference, but I didn't care for the finish at all. The rest of the gun just seemed to be a marketing exercise,i.e., what can we do to this gun to make it somehow different in order to entice buyers into thinking they will become members of an exclusive club,if they'll only spend a few dollars more? Then after purchase, we'll give buyers the opportunity to buy other "exclusive" SIG stuff only available to club members. I think it's brilliant marketing. I'm not buying though, unless SIG includes the exclusive, members only, decoder ringWink

ETA, I realize my comments on the Legion are a general impression, and do not specifically address "Legionizing" the P225. I've not seen the new P225 in person, but it looks like a nice little gun as is to me. I may end up with one myself. If so, I doubt I'll be making any efforts to make it more like the Legion series of guns....

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The things I wanted to do to a P229 were already done on the Legion. I assigned my perceived value as; sights $125 (I really like the X-Rays better than the Trijis), trigger mods $125, grips $50, solid steel guide rod, $25. So about $325 worth of mods plus the cost of a base gun. The additional checkering is an added bonus that I likely wouldn't have paid for, but am glad to have. Couldn't care less about the marketing hype, exclusive offers, coin/case BUT since I'm into my Legion P229 DA/SA for right at $1k new including FFL transfer, etc., I call it a win.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not buying though, unless SIG includes the exclusive, members only, decoder ring

What do you think it would say?

"Buy More SIGS at full MSRP"???

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
RHINOWSO, I've seen that movie several times, and that Ovaltine decoder ring was exactly what I was thinking about when I mentioned the decoder ring in my postWink

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post