SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Poll: How's your 365 doing?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: How's your 365 doing? Login/Join 
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horn:
G-Man, The take down lever and slide lock
work together. Push up on the slide lock
and the take down lever will easily push
down. Then push the slide on.
Strange, My P365 had that issue. (Trying to take the slide off. I sent it back to Sig. "within spec". But when it came back the take down lever
worked find.
However, its good to understand the two__take down
lever and slide stop do work together.
Hopes this helps.

Stay safe
Poli Viejo

That does help! Thank you, kind sir.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AZ, you may well be right; but does not explain
why front brightened up after being exposed to light for about 30 minutes?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Took 365 out of range bag and noticed front sight was very dim? Are these "X ray" sights light activated? After being exposed to indoor light for about 30 minutes, they brightened considerably. If this is the case, I much prefer the old "Siglites"?
If your 365 rides in a car console, glovebox; or even kept in a holster, the most critical front sight will not be getting any artificial or natural light! Did not have this concern with Sogites. FYI, my 365 was closed up in rangebag
fir about 5 days

Any word yet on when laser or light/laser will
become available? Surely in time for holidays?

The X-rays seemed a slight bit darker/a tad slower to pick up visually to me than the Trijicon HDs on most of my pistols, so I got a set of HDs for my 365 as well.

Much happier now.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
AZ, you may well be right; but does not explain
why front brightened up after being exposed to light for about 30 minutes?

I can't explain it. I wonder if the green ring around the Tritium vial is effected by light?

No offense by this last comment, but do you possibly have cataracts? Cataracts can effect colors and clarity. I recently had the surgery done. Everything is much brighter and clearer now.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:The X-rays seemed a slight bit darker/a tad slower to pick up visually to me than the Trijicon HDs on most of my pistols, so I got a set of HDs for my 365 as well.

Much happier now.

I'm debating between an Ameriglo iDot or Trijicon front sight. I don't mind the rear, but have a tough time with the front.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Took 365 out of range bag and noticed front sight was very dim? Are these "X ray" sights light activated? After being exposed to indoor light for about 30 minutes, they brightened considerably. If this is the case, I much prefer the old "Siglites"?
If your 365 rides in a car console, glovebox; or even kept in a holster, the most critical front sight will not be getting any artificial or natural light! Did not have this concern with Sogites. FYI, my 365 was closed up in rangebag
fir about 5 days

Any word yet on when laser or light/laser will
become available? Surely in time for holidays?

The x-ray sights on the P365 are self-illuminating: they're tritium. They should have a 12 year life before needing replacement. I have an number of tritium sights that are good after a decade. The sights on one of my P365's, just checked in the dark, are bright.

Some sights, like the Trijicon HD's, have an orange fluorescent ring around the tritium to help see in the daytime; it gets brighter in sunlight, but also glows after exposure to light. I compared a G19 with the HD's on it to the P365's x-ray sights, just now, in a dark room.

I first used both sights, side by side, as it, after coming from a dark place. Both illuminated with the same intensity, on tritium alone. I then used a Surefire light to shine on the front sight for 10 seconds. The x-ray sight showed no change, but the HD front sight glowed orange in the dark, around the green tritium insert.

I prefer the HD's on most of my pistols for several reasons; the wide rear, deep notch works well. the rear inserts have no outline and don't distract from the front sight in most shooting conditions. The front sight shows up against any background. The orange (or yellow for those who prefer) also puts out light if charged by exposure, and continues to be visible in dim light, and picks up any light from behind the shooter; it's visible most of the time, even in complete darkness if transitioning from bright light, which can be important when it's already hard to see before the eyes have adapted to the dark.

I would change out the sights on the P365 as they're not very visible under any condition; they're a subdued, dull green that doesn't show up well against most background. Never the less, they are functional, and what I like best about them is that they're very low profile. It's a small pistol, designed for concealment, and the low sights work really well in a pocket holster to prevent snagging.

I would much rather that Sig went with a high-visibility orange front insert around the tritium vial. Even a white ring would be better than the subdued green, which serves to make the sight less visible.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the replies! Don't have cataracts.
Thanks for posting about front sight being hard to pick up for some. I resent having to replace any sight on a brand new pistol such as highly reputed 365. If it didn't already have night sights, wouldn't mind replacing them, as I did my Glocks with Tru-Glo TFO and TFX's and like both, by the way! The Siglites, which are, were Meprolights, I
think are much better and they lasted 8-9 years!

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks all for the replies! Don't have cataracts.
Thanks for posting about front sight being hard to pick up for some. I resent having to replace any sight on a brand new pistol such as highly reputed 365. If it didn't already have night sights, wouldn't mind replacing them, as I did my Glocks with Tru-Glo TFO and TFX's and like both, by the way! The Siglites, which are, were Meprolights, I
think are much better and they lasted 8-9 years!

The tritium vial in your x-ray sights is good for 12 years; standard for any tritium sight.

If your sights are not illuminating in the dark, then you may have a bad sight; You'll need to contact Sig about that. If all three sights appear dim, then it's not simply the sight; the chances of a coincidental identical dimming of all three vials is astronomical; not realistic.

The tritium in the x-ray sights is the same as the tritium in any other "night sight."

The P365 x-ray sights are either day or night; they're not particularly great in low light transition, unless the target is backlit and you're working off the outline of the sights (which is the case for many sighting systems). In that case, you're looking for shape, rather than the colors or markings of the sight itself.

In very low light, you should be able to clearly see the three dots. In dim light not so much.

In daylight you won't see anything from the tritium; it's strictly glow-in-the-dark (and radioactive, like all tritium sights). The front sight is a dull green; some like it, I find it actually worse to see because it's subdued, which is a low-observable subtle way of blending colors so they don't stand out...exactly what shouldn't happen with a sight.

posted Hide Post
sns3 The rear sights are comparatively bright, compared to front.

770-977-0662

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
OO - I pulled my 365 out of my safe after reading your post. It's been in there for the last 4 days and here's a pic taken right out of the safe. I too have the X ray sights and they glow bright without any charging. It sounds like you may have a defective front sight.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks remsig, seems you are right! Thanks for going to the trouble!

770-977-0662

posted Hide Post
quote:
sns3 The rear sights are comparatively bright, compared to front.

Perhaps a bit of paint or dirt on the front sight, or perhaps a defective vial. In any case, if the sight isn't where you want it, (and I'd submit that if anything the front sight should be the bright one and the rear more faint or non-existent, for a better sight picture), contact Sig and see if they'll do something about it. I have a couple of P365's at the moment, and both are equally bright on all three vials.

posted Hide Post
Thanks sns, they should definitely replace front sight!

770-977-0662

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:
quote:
I have a May build 365. The gun was flawless through about 450 rounds then the striker broke. It went back to sig and they turned it around in about 10 days with a new, updated striker. I have 1100+ rounds through it SINCE sig replaced the striker and it has been flawless. I started carrying it again when I broke the 1000 round mark after repair.

Just to update, I now have over 2000 rounds through it since returned from Sig. I haven't counted but probably more than twice that in dry firing. Zero problems. It is now my primary carry.

And........it's no longer in my carry rotation. I'm sad to say that my 365 is on it's way back to Sig with another broken striker. They are going to evaluate it, but I told them if it is, in fact, a broken striker then I want either a complete replacement gun or a refund. No more repairs.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I have a May build 365. The gun was flawless through about 450 rounds then the striker broke. It went back to sig and they turned it around in about 10 days with a new, updated striker. I have 1100+ rounds through it SINCE sig replaced the striker and it has been flawless. I started carrying it again when I broke the 1000 round mark after repair.

Just to update, I now have over 2000 rounds through it since returned from Sig. I haven't counted but probably more than twice that in dry firing. Zero problems. It is now my primary carry.

And........it's no longer in my carry rotation. I'm sad to say that my 365 is on it's way back to Sig with another broken striker. They are going to evaluate it, but I told them if it is, in fact, a broken striker then I want either a complete replacement gun or a refund. No more repairs.

Are you using snap caps for your dry fire sessions?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you using snap caps for your dry fire sessions?

Yes. Since the first striker failure I never pull the trigger without a snap cap or a live round in the chamber.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is very discouraging. Do you know roughly the date of your replacement striker? Any chance it was part of the original “bad batch”? I had my original one replaced in April this year. I also have 2000 rounds through it since it was replaced and love the gun but you’re the first I’ve heard that had the replacement firing pin break. That’s not good. Can you provide any more detail of the breakage? Did it just snap off or were you getting dead trigger. Reason I ask is many where getting a dead trigger but would also still fire, which I believe is not the firing pin but another issue, like the trigger spring problem. I really want love this gun but damn this is not good.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is very discouraging. Do you know roughly the date of your replacement striker? Any chance it was part of the original “bad batch”? I had my original one replaced in April this year. I also have 2000 rounds through it since it was replaced and love the gun but you’re the first I’ve heard that had the replacement firing pin break. That’s not good. Can you provide any more detail of the breakage? Did it just snap off or were you getting dead trigger. Reason I ask is many where getting a dead trigger but would also still fire, which I believe is not the firing pin but another issue, like the trigger spring problem. I really want love this gun but damn this is not good.

The gun is a May 21st build date. I bought it in June. The first striker was replaced in July, after approximately 400 rounds fired. It was replaced with their upgraded striker. I actually pulled the striker after getting it back to make sure it was the upgraded striker. I had about 2000 rounds through it when it failed again. It was not a dead trigger. I load a round, the trigger clicks and no fire. No indentation at all on the primer. If I cycle the gun the trigger will reset and pull as normal, but with only a click. I didn't pull the striker to confirm it was broken, but that's the way it behaved. I didn't want to give sig a reason to say I did something to it if I pulled it. I'm asking them to replace the gun. Once I receive it I will likely replace the striker with the LSPI steel striker for peace of mind. I really love the gun and there's nothing comparable out there. $99 for the steel striker is worth the peace of mind to me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The gun is a May 21st build date. I bought it in June. The first striker was replaced in July, after approximately 400 rounds fired. It was replaced with their upgraded striker. I actually pulled the striker after getting it back to make sure it was the upgraded striker. I had about 2000 rounds through it when it failed again. It was not a dead trigger. I load a round, the trigger clicks and no fire. No indentation at all on the primer. If I cycle the gun the trigger will reset and pull as normal, but with only a click. I didn't pull the striker to confirm it was broken, but that's the way it behaved. I didn't want to give sig a reason to say I did something to it if I pulled it. I'm asking them to replace the gun. Once I receive it I will likely replace the striker with the LSPI steel striker for peace of mind. I really love the gun and there's nothing comparable out there. $99 for the steel striker is worth the peace of mind to me.

Man that sucks! I have been pretty critical of the gun but after a few thousand rounds I’m with you and really like the gun a whole lot. Just pisses me off that sig can’t figure this out. I assume the LSI is reliable? It looks like their newer version is $69, the $99 is backordered, not even sure they still sell that one anymore. I’ve become one of those that likes to stay with oem parts but looks like I’ll make an exception here.

For the longest time I’ve been a huge fan of the 43 (still am) but the speed/accuracy I can shoot the 365 is just consistently better. Then throw in the fact I can carry 13 rounds vs 8 rounds with no additional real estate is amazing.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know for sure if Sig will sell just the new designed striker and if so what they charge?.....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post