SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Poll: How's your 365 doing?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: How's your 365 doing? Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
It seems that most of the people who come to the Pistol section to talk about their P365 is doing so because they have had a problem.

I went to the range with the wife yesterday and we shot a few of my guns, plus I rented a P365. I loved it.

I have been hesitant to buy one (if I can even find one) because of reading some people's bad experiences. So, in trying to decide to buy soon or wait a while:

Question:
What has been your experience with your P365?

Choices:
Nearly flawless since out of the box--would not hesitate to bet my life on it.
A few issues, but after break-in I'm confident in it.
Too many problems. Either returned to SIG without satisfaction, got rid of it, or use it sparingly because I can't trust it.
Sent it back after problems, nearly flawless since--would not hesitate to bet my life on it now.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Mine has been fine. Only a few hundred rounds in. Mostly Ranger 127gr +P+ since that is what we issue in 9mm for off duty guns.

Build date was May 2018.

I haven’t approved it for anyone else to carry yet until mine gets more time and rounds through it. Only because I use the P365 as a back up off duty and not the primary (my old glock 32).
Most of the guys buy the Glock 43 anyway since it’s cheaper.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't vote in the poll, because the answers are too limited. Mine's been flawless, but there is no chance I'd bet my life on it continuing that way.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
My mid Feb build date has a little over 900 rounds through it. I have confidence in it, have qualified with it and carry it daily.

The second one I have was a June 17 build. It only has 50 rounds through it, so far, but no problems.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to see the comments as I would pick up a used one some day. Either that or a G43. Just not feeling it with my Springfield XDs.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Mine has been flawless, however, I only have about 150 rounds through it. Mine was built in mid-March.

So far I really like the way it shoots and handles. I can shoot it just about as accurately as my P229 Legion. Do I completely trust it like I do my P229 - of course not.

I would feel a lot better if Sig could just come out and make a clear cut statement such as, pistols manufactured from XX/XX/XX to XX/XX/XX are prone to (name the exact issue)and can be sent back for an update, or something similar to that. Is it design related or process related? Does Sig actually have anything pinned down? If so, please tell us!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 884 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I don't own a P365, but I work at a range that has one as a rental gun. We don't keep an exact round count on our rentals, but I'd guess our P365 has somewhere around 2,000 flawless rounds through it. And that's without regular cleaning and lubrication Wink

At this point we've sold 15 to 20 P365's, with two customers reporting problems. One gun had the rear grip pin back out, the other gun also had the grip pin back out along with feeding issues with various brands of FMJ. HP's fed perfectly - go figure.

We sent both guns back to Sig and the turn around time was 8 days and 10 days.

Sig replaced just about everything except the sights and the serial numbered fire control on both guns.

The gun that had feeding issues has been flawless with both FMJ and HP ammo. My customer is keeping a log and at last count he put 850 flawless rounds through it since it was returned.

I haven't talk to the other customer so I can't report on that gun.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I have a very early P365. Mine had the RTB issue. I sent it back and since then it has been perfect. 1600+ rounds fired with more than half of that being defense rounds (including +P+) and it has been perfect.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
July build & 600+ flawless cycles all 124grain ... Daily carry now and full confidence

If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. I stand for "We The People ..."

Posts: 259 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: August 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both are fantastic. I can't comment on my third yet.

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Up to 800 rounds now and still very pleased with mine.

It's been my EDC at work and BUG for the weekends.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
500 rounds through mine, no issues. I carry it daily. Date on box is 20 June 2018.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Between 500 to 600 rounds flawless. Only problem ended up as my fault, but didn't know that at the time. Sig fixed it under warrenty, when Sig had it that was when I found out what I did wrong. Haven't had a chance to get back to the range since I got it back from Sig.
Finally got to the range and put another 300 rounds through it with no problems.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: molachi,

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has been flawless for about 350 rounds. But would I bet my life on it? Probably, but not certainly. Because this pistol is unique in that the MORE you use it it seems like the likelihood of failure increases, not decreases. Any other autoloader with 1500 perfect rounds through it would be a treasured asset: this one, you are waiting for the other shoe to drop, be it the trigger return spring, striker breakage, or the other issues that don't present themselves early in the game.
It's like the sweet little pup that you raise with your kids, and they play and love on each other for 5 years and then one day the dog eats one's face.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I shot a range gun at my LGS that was flawless. I’m planing on going by this week, I’ll ask how many rounds they estimate it’s been shot and if they have had any problems.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:It's like the sweet little pup that you raise with your kids, and they play and love on each other for 5 years and then one day the dog eats one's face.

That's why one should never buy dogs, cars, get married, etc. You just never know and shouldn't take a chance.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
a coworker has 2,
one has 300 rounds, no issues
the other 600 or so , no issues,

a customer has 1300+ on his and no issues

the coworker was amused at some of the 365 threads when I told him about them on sigforum

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I'm pushing a 1,000 rounds without any problems at all. The more I shoot it, the better I like it. For a small gun, it's so easy to shoot accurately.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife picked up her 365 2nd week of june(6-1-18 build) and put at least 200rds through it with no hiccups at all.Actually its her favorite carry gun next to her german 225. I know its not many rounds but everything I've read or seen online about all these problems, wouldnt Sig do some type of recall already?, or is it just bashers sig vs glock vs whomever or just random failures.The way I see it you can buy a new cell phone, vehicle, appliance, somethings going to break or fail eventually, hopefully not her sig.

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I didn't vote because "nearly flawless" didn't apply. Mine is from Feb 2018 with a little over 600 rds. I've used 115gr, 124gr and 147gr. Range sessions have been minimum 200 rds so it got hot and dirty. It's been flawless with White Box, PMC, Blazer Brass and Fiocchi and a variety of jhp.

No odd sounds from the striker, no spring marks on the magazines, no dead trigger and "primer swipe" doesn't bother me.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post