SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Poll: How's your 365 doing?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: How's your 365 doing? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I bought a P365 IOP from Quantico Tactical in July. Gun was made in July, 2018. Right out of the box, I noticed it had a couple of those vertical scratches on the top rear of the magazine that was already inserted in the gun when it was shipped from the trigger return spring. I did a couple of more insertions, and tried the other magazine. It didn't seem to be scratching the magazine anymore. After about 800rds, I haven't noticed any more scratching on the mags.

So, 800rds into the gun and I have been very happy with it. There does not seem to be any abnormal wear anywhere on the pistol, and it is very controllable and as accurate as my P320FS. I have not had a single mechanical or shooter induced malfunction of any kind, using a mix of 124gr and 147gr FMJ and JHP ammo. I have had the slide fail to lock back occasionally upon the last round fired, but this has been due to my thumb position which has been blocking the slide release lever from raising into position. I had the same problem with my P239.

For me, it has been a great gun, and I carry it and trust my life with it.

Posts: 731 | Location: Midwest | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Mine is about 6 months old and hasn't given me any problems as yet. I haven't run it particularly hard, but the p365 recently passed our testing and was approved as a secondary weapon. I'll be running mine through the first re-qual course that is scheduled.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Well, I reserved one today. Guess I'll give it a try.

$517 out-the-door with an added 12 round magazine. No clue when it'll be here though.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Granted mine has only seen about 300 rounds or so, but no issues at all.

I dare say many people here trust their life to guns they have not run that many rounds through. Those may be guns that have not generally had reported issues, or issues that did not show up until 100s of rounds later, but still.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
1/29 build...flawless 2400+ rds

6/8 build ......flawless 550 rds

Never without one

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Only 60 people have replied to the "poll" (I didn't vote as I said in my reply). 45 of those people have experienced no issues. The sampling is to small to make a determination one way or the other when compared to the thousands of pistols produced. If hundreds were experiencing issues, that would be more telling.

My opinion is that's the problem with random polls, if you look only at the % they may be interpreted incorrectly and support an agenda. Polls meant nothing with the election, either. Razz

The small sampling could be that many people, myself included, are getting tired of the P365 bashing which we have not experienced.

Buy one now to experience and enjoy. Odds are you'll have no issues. Or wait for awhile.

It's human nature to NOT complain when you're satisfied, and to complain out the wazoo when you're dissatisfied.

It just works out like that for restaurants and guns, as well as other service provided businesses.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine is a july 2018 build and already have a little over 800 rds thru it and no issues.

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:
My April build 365 is superb. It did go back to SIG for a loose fire control unit and, while there, they kindly updated the striker, the grip module, the trigger return spring, and apparently modified the inside of the striker channel.

It has been perfect after its return.

In fact, I plan to purchase another for my wife to carry.

How did you get them to do all that? I just had to send back a 2nd time for FTE (broken striker first time) and I asked if they would give me the new striker design and they refused? Am I calling the wrong customer service person?

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My build was March. It currently is at sig for the second time. First time had the striker replaced. Had a few dead triggers again and multiple failures to lock back after the last round. (Multiple times while shooting one handed)

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deputy24
posted Hide Post
I have not posted here in a good while, but I thought I would contribute again with my 200 round P-365 range report.

-Ordered around April/May and delivered August 16. I took it home, field stripped, cleaned and lubed it.

-First range date August 19. I fired 100 rounds of 115g. Blazer brass FMJ with no issues.... no stoppages, no failures to eject, no failures to return to battery. The slide always locked back on an empty magazine. Needless to say, I was very happy. I took it home, field stripped, cleaned and lubed it again.

-Second range date August 26. I fired another 100 rounds with other ammuniton weights and types... Results were a mixed bag.

15 rounds - 147g Winchester White Box FMJ. I noticed the slide slow down with this load.

35 rounds - 124g Winchester NATO FMJ. Again, I noticed the slide slow down somewhat with this load.

20 rounds - 124g Hornady Custom JHP. I experienced two Failures to Return to Battery with this load.

25 rounds - 115g Independence JHP. I experienced one Failure to Return to Battery.

5 rounds - 115g Blazer Brass - FMJ. As with the first range date, I experienced no issues with this load.

15 round control load; I fired a mix of the Hornady, Independence and the two Winchester loads through my Walther PPQM2 with no issues. All rounds fired.

-I also observed the P365 slide not lock back on an empty magazine on two occasions. I think this occurred with the the Hornady and Independence loads. The ammunition was all relatively new, most less than a year old; none older than two years old. I have a Departmental qualification to shoot next week and will use the 115g Blazer. The pistol needs to be tested more, however, especially to find a reliable JHP. There was no limp wristing and my hand was not riding the slide stop. I have always liked Sig for its ability to shoot about any factory round, but today's results do not bear that out. I am, however, trying not to draw any conclusions as of yet...

Posts: 37 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys haven't posted in quite awhile: but this thread caught my eye. Wanted a 365 so bad, it is first and only gun that I paid retail! That was painful. I hand cycled some dummy rounds through it to check function and everything was fine: but was awhile before it went to the range. Car club group of 6, including me had a range trip in May and let them put as many rounds as they wanted through 365 and they had no issues, except only one of 6 could manipulate mag release without changing shooting grip and IMHO a major design flaw in the gun! They could probably solve this with an extended mag release, focus on building up to edge closest to back of trigger guard?

Just a guess; but likely put 250-350 rounds through it without any functionality issues.
After reading posts about 365, I wasn't going to trust it to carry, so Kahr PM9 (one of early ones with great trigger) or Glock 27, sometimes
with KKM 9 conversion in it; plus 12 rd OEM mags
from Gun Mag Warehouse.

The 365 needs to make more range trips; but is hard for me to stand for en entire range session. None of mags would accept a full 10 or 12 round loading of 135 Critical Duty or 147 gr of any kind! FWIW my CompTac IWB holster for my Kahr PM9 is also a perfect fit for 365

Hope somebody, other than Sig, is working on light or lasers for "proprietary rail for 365?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
Hey guys haven't posted in quite awhile: but this thread caught my eye. Wanted a 365 so bad, it is first and only gun that I paid retail! That was painful. I hand cycled some dummy rounds through it to check function and everything was fine: but was awhile before it went to the range. Car club group of 6, including me had a range trip in May and let them put as many rounds as they wanted through 365 and they had no issues, except only one of 6 could manipulate mag release without changing shooting grip and IMHO a major design flaw in the gun! They could probably solve this with an extended mag release, focus on building up to edge closest to back of trigger guard?

Just a guess; but likely put 250-350 rounds through it without any functionality issues.
After reading posts about 365, I wasn't going to trust it to carry, so Kahr PM9 (one of early ones with great trigger) or Glock 27, sometimes
with KKM 9 conversion in it; plus 12 rd OEM mags
from Gun Mag Warehouse.

The 365 needs to make more range trips; but is hard for me to stand for en entire range session. None of mags would accept a full 10 or 12 round loading of 135 Critical Duty or 147 gr of any kind! FWIW my CompTac IWB holster for my Kahr PM9 is also a perfect fit for 365

Hope somebody, other than Sig, is working on light or lasers for "proprietary rail for 365?

An UpLula is a must for loading those little mags to capacity.

I actually found that I can hit the mag release using the middle finger of my strong hand by just reaching around without shifting my grip very much. If I try to use my thumb, I have to significantly reposition, much more so than I do with a 226/229.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JAFO, thanks for suggestion; but that finger has been used for other purposes so many years, it seems to be refusing to bend in that fashion?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deputy24
posted Hide Post
I reached the 400 round mark today with my P-365. I have tested 10 different factory loads and have had 12 Failures to Return to Battery across six loads. There is now also intermittent slide lock failure.

At this point, it is hardly reliable as a LEO carry piece. I will be calling Sig this week and hope it is made right... If not, I will be moving on from this model. My J Frame will continue to serve and protect me off duty for now. It goes bang every time with whatever it is fed.

Posts: 37 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
My mid-May build 365 is now at 800 rounds, no failures.

Have a mix of 3 weights, 115/124/147 in FMJ and lead; have a box (20) Sig defense HP rounds.

It appears I will have to have a reset sight alignment as POA/POI remains consistently too great. I can control the POI location of the groups depending on where I move my POA.

Aiming a bit high on the X at 30' puts POI at the notorious 8:00 6 ring (low/left). Braced on bench repetitive. If I POA 1:00 6 ring, X ring cluster POI.

Comfortable and fits my grip. Prefer to not dwell on 147s much.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
May 21st build date, 650 rounds, no problems. Love the gun.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has a born on date of 02/02/2018 - the day after Sig began adding Xray sights and the barrel radius. 550 rounds without any problems. The P365 is in my carry rotation. Wonderful little pistol: great sights, amazingly accurate and oh so small!

I plan to buy another as soon as the thumb safety version is available.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
mine is in a cooling off period Razz because every weekend since I bought it I shoot the hell out of it. just can't put the dam thing down, funny thing is my glock 19 is acting up but the 365 has been perfect pushing 3500 rounds.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Mid Nov. build. One back for broken striker. Second being replaced as it's same week for the build.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:.....but the 365 has been perfect pushing 3500 rounds.

Holy crap! That's a lot of rounds through a small pistol. I wonder how many J-frames were ever actually tested to that high a round count vs fired 5 times and dropped in a drawer.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post