SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Poll: How's your 365 doing?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: How's your 365 doing? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There have been forum members who experienced broken firing pins and requested the new style firing pin, and have reported here that they were told "no."

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something or somebody needs to give Coen, et al
a serious wake-up call and refuse to buy any of their new guns until they adequately get the bugs out of new products and stop relying on their customers to be the "beta testers"! Most major new product designs have been plagued with problems!
Of course models of existing guns like Legion or mostly cosmetic variations of previous designs are not so plagued!

ONLY THING THAT WILL GET THEIR ATTENTION AND
ACTION IS TO CAUSE A PRECIPITOUS DROP IN SALES AND REVENUE DUE TO A CUSTOMER BOYCOTT! Would have to be done on a large scale to make any difference! If you saw "Sig Origins" on
"Gun Stories" you will see Coen in his true light. If you haven't the "On Demand" feature of your provider will likely have it.

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
900 rounds no trouble.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
In the mean time, and you should be seeing this first hand, there selling every one of these they can make, and could sell more if they could make more.

No message being sent here.

quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
a serious wake-up call and refuse to buy any of their new guns until they adequately get the bugs out of new products and stop relying on their customers to be the "beta testers"! Most major new product designs have been plagued with problems!
Of course models of existing guns like Legion or mostly cosmetic variations of previous designs are not so plagued!

ACTION IS TO CAUSE A PRECIPITOUS DROP IN SALES AND REVENUE DUE TO A CUSTOMER BOYCOTT! Would have to be done on a large scale to make any difference! If you saw "Sig Origins" on
"Gun Stories" you will see Coen in his true light. If you haven't the "On Demand" feature of your provider will likely have it.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:

The percentage of bugs vs the amount they sell is next to nothing, the 365's around here don't last hours on the shelf and most dealers have a list of buyers that cant wait to get one. I have two and have run 4400 rounds thru one of them with reloads none the less with zero issues. bod 7-1

They are making them as fast as possible probably 7 days a week

Good luck trying to boycott the 365. Never going to happen.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought into the dread on all the forums. Guy finally called and said my 365 was in. With trepidation I arrived and saw the scourge of which you all speak.
I set aside 300 factory rounds, 115 and 124, of various makers, not expecting to get past perhaps 12 of them before disaster struck.
In a confused state, I picked up all the 300 pieces of brass that fired without any issue. None. What trickery could this be? I took it home and cleaned it. It sits on the shelf, but I am keeping a wary eye on it.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll let you know when I receive it. Hopefully this week. Smile

Posts: 24 | Location: NW Chicago Suburb | Registered: September 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
Does anyone know for sure if Sig will sell just the new designed striker and if so what they charge?.....Mark

When I was having extraction issues, I asked about possibly purchasing an updated striker before I sent it in. At the time, I was told they were not available for sale. Surprisingly, when mine came back from Sig they had installed the updated version along with fixing my extraction issue.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April build with 700 rounds or so. Zero issues but I do not trust it. Not when people have had strikers or springs fail 1500-2000 rounds in. At some point I'll buy the aftermarket striker made of better material but I like the VP9SK too much to bother with the 365 unless I need to be more discreet.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
300 rounds in and doing well. It has replaced my PPSM2 as my carry pistol.

Posts: 176 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, it made it back to Sig and it was indeed a broker striker. I received the email today and they are going to completely replace it with a new gun. It will be shipped out to my FFL tomorrow.

I have to say that, while the problems with the gun are frustrating, it has been an excellent experience working with Sig. They have been very responsive and I wish all companies stood behind their product the way Sig has stood behind my P365.

I have 1000 rounds sitting in the safe waiting for the gun to get here. I haven't decided if I'm going to buy the LSPI striker yet, but I have a feeling I will, just for piece of mind.

To MikeNH, I understand how you feel. I love the VP9SK, but because of my work clothes I need something much more concealable for EDC.

bonanacroin: My EDC prior to the P365 was the PPSM2. That's what I've been carrying since the 365 went back. While the PPSM2 is good gun, it really makes me miss the P365.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Well I picked mine up about a month ago, and finally shot it this weekend. I put 200 rounds of cheap aluminum cased ammo through it, and 50 of Winchester Ranger. I’m waiting on a case of Ranger to get here and I’ll put another 200 of that through it and I’ll call it good to take to work and put another 100 Rangers through to qualify.

One failure to eject at around 200 rounds, but it was being shot fast and was quite dirty and hot at that point.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I rented one at the local range about two months ago. I had to buy their ammo, which I think was Federal. I grabbed a few spent casings and there was some drag on the primers, almost looked like a dash instead of a dot. A few weeks ago I was in there, asking when they'd be getting more P365s in for sale. They said their range rental had just gone back to SIG for a broken striker, but that they had a batch of 20 coming in two weeks. I want one, but it'd be my only 9mm gun and I don't really want another caliber to support. And in AZ I don't have to be very discreet about keeping things concealed, so I usually carry larger pistols and just don't care if I print. Still, that rental gun did shoot nice and was accurate. When good deals start popping up, I will be ready to pounce. But that might be a while.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sig will never have to worry about getting another cent from me after ruining my perfectly good 320 and then ignoring my requests to make it good.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mars, I recognize that "handle" and know I know you, especially being from N GA.; but can't put a name to it? Old and feeble minded, I guess? Me, not you!

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mars, I recognize that "handle" and know I know you, especially being from N GA.; but can't put a name to it? Old and feeble minded, I guess? Me, not you!

You know me and my twin brother. Wink

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mars, do you mean "skid marks"?

770-977-0662

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mars, do you mean "skid marks"?

Screaming Cockatoo

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
Now I get it, I think?

770-977-0662

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Purchased the P365 (365-9-BXR3) on Friday October 5 and got to the range today Oct 11. Thanks to RSR unloading New Old Stock for a sale at the BX, my 365 is dated 21 May 2018. For $423 I wasn't worried, because if I have any issues, I know Sig will stand tall and correct any issues.

Fired 400 rounds of various make 9mm, 115 gr and 50 round of Federal HST 124 grain.
No issues whatsoever. No barrel peening, no spring scratches on the back of the magazines, no failure to return to battery, and firing pin primer swipe is minimal and not on every round. Firing pin swipe is probably a bit less than I see from my Glock 27.

I have 2 Ten round mags and 2 twelve round mags. I don't like the aggressive texture on the extended base plates when shooting that many rounds, very rough on the little finger.

Impressive little firearm. Now to find two holsters.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post