SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Poll: How's your 365 doing?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: How's your 365 doing? Login/Join 
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I just picked mine up today after a 6 week wait. Manufacture date of 9/6/18. I’ll shoot it this weekend and report back.

I disassembled it to clean and lube and the takedown lever was nearly impossible to turn 90 degrees down. Finally got it down all the way but my fingers are killing me. Anyone else experience this? I assume this improves.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put another 150 rounds through her yesterday, among 3 of us shooting. Not one "hiccup" of any kind and others remarked it was a very accurate little gun!
My total round count is only about 400 now.

Due to reliability problems with Critical Duty, from loading 135 gr into mag to going into batter, extraction and ejection of same, shot only 115 gr yesterday, not Critical Duty, and everything was fine.

As an aside, Sig once said they were loading a special round for this gun? Have heard it will have lower recoil? What is needed and should be advertised like crazy, is round should have "low
flash, fast burning powder" in order to maximize
velocity for maximum penetration and expansion from a short barrel, making it ideal for "other" short barreled 9mm like my Kahr PM9, Ruger LCR 9,etc! Reasons for "low flash" should not reiteration here.

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:.....but the 365 has been perfect pushing 3500 rounds.

Holy crap! That's a lot of rounds through a small pistol. I wonder how many J-frames were ever actually tested to that high a round count vs fired 5 times and dropped in a drawer.

It's not that much. If someone is carrying a pistol daily, a box of ammunition a week isn't much at all to do at a minimum, which is just 200 rounds a month; twelve months that's twenty four hundred rounds.

If I'm carrying a J-frame, I'm going to plan on at least that at a minimum, and I don't think that's going to maintain proficiency, really, but it's a start.

Whether big or small, the P365 needs to be able to stand up to a regular diet of ammunition for training.

I carry my G43 a lot, and when I stop in to shoot it at the range, it usually sees several hundred rounds at a time. I don't get to do that all the time because of scheduling, but I do have a core belief that if I'm going to carry a firearm defensively then I have an obligation to ensure that I'm at least competent enough that I'm not endangering others should the need arise to use the firearm. The same will be true of the P365, if at some point I find myself confident enough in it to carry.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:

As an aside, Sig once said they were loading a special round for this gun? Have heard it will have lower recoil? What is needed and should be advertised like crazy, is round should have "low
flash, fast burning powder" in order to maximize
velocity for maximum penetration and expansion from a short barrel, making it ideal for "other" short barreled 9mm like my Kahr PM9, Ruger LCR 9,etc! Reasons for "low flash" should not reiteration here.

Have you tried Speer's Gold Dot Short Barrel or Federal's HST Micro loadings?

I tried about sixty rounds of each with my 365 at an indoor range and did not observe much, ( if any ) in the way of muzzle flash, ( as quality defensive rounds shouldn't produce, ) and ended up selecting 124gr +P Speers since they grouped the tightest for me.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:It's not that much. If someone is carrying a pistol daily, a box of ammunition a week isn't much at all to do at a minimum, which is just 200 rounds a month; twelve months that's twenty four hundred rounds.

If I'm carrying a J-frame, I'm going to plan on at least that at a minimum, and I don't think that's going to maintain proficiency, really, but it's a start.

I'm not arguing that a box a week is a bad idea, but I'd bet there isn't one CCW holder in 100 that shoots that much. That's why most of these pistols will never experience the 1000 round plus failures that some have noted. Again, not saying that we should expect the pistols to fall apart, but SIG (and other companies) probably aren't going to get a huge percentage returned.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ARMT. I'm a "Nam vt, too! Have used Gold Dot in the past and they make quality ammo; but haven't tried the Federal: but see they are bringing back Hydra
Shock, which was carry load from years ago. May have to break down and try a box of each: but did you notice muzzle flash in HST compared to Gold Dot?

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
ARMT. I'm a "Nam vt, too! Have used Gold Dot in the past and they make quality ammo; but haven't tried the Federal: but see they are bringing back Hydra
Shock, which was carry load from years ago. May have to break down and try a box of each: but did you notice muzzle flash in HST compared to Gold Dot?

Oh, no! Lol.. I don't go quite that far back, ( Vietnam ) but I am an old aircraft Armament Dawg.

From what I remember, the HSTs and Gold Dots were about nil to none for muzzle flash. I fired them at an indoor range without the greatest lighting.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ARMT, if you don't go back that far, I'm talking to a kid! Ha, I'm just jealous!

Thanks for clarification, no light or low light is absolutely best test for low flash!

770-977-0662

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
ARMT, if you don't go back that far, I'm talking to a kid! Ha, I'm just jealous!

Thanks for clarification, no light or low light is absolutely best test for low flash!

Oh yeah... I was only just coming into the world in '72, so yeah, just a pup, with some gray hair though. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Just got. Haven't shot yet, because wanted to disassemble first to check and oil. Takedown lever is really tough, but finally got down all the way. However, when pulling back slide slightly as per book instructions, then letting go to pull forward and off—it refused to move forward, not to mention off.

Suggestions appreciated!

Posts: 35 | Registered: February 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPeterJr:
Just got. Haven't shot yet, because wanted to disassemble first to check and oil. Takedown lever is really tough, but finally got down all the way. However, when pulling back slide slightly as per book instructions, then letting go to pull forward and off—it refused to move forward, not to mention off.

Suggestions appreciated!

The first couple times taking the slide off of mine was similar to what you describe.

I finally ended up giving mine a firm 'bop' with the heel of my hand and it came off. I wrote it off to the pistol being new and tight. Whenever I remove the slide from the frame now, it's much easier.

posted Hide Post
2350 rounds on a March 28 build, without any issues.
Love everything about this gun: Ergos, shootability, capacity, ease of disassembly, etc.

Posts: 19 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: May 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:
I just picked mine up today after a 6 week wait. Manufacture date of 9/6/18. I’ll shoot it this weekend and report back.

I disassembled it to clean and lube and the takedown lever was nearly impossible to turn 90 degrees down. Finally got it down all the way but my fingers are killing me. Anyone else experience this? I assume this improves.

I just traded for mine 5 days ago. It was made on July 2nd. I experienced the same thing as you and then couldn't get the slide to go back on. I had to *gasp* resort to reading the instruction manual to figure out how to put the slide back on and that wasn't real helpful so a quick You Tube video showed me the error of my ways. Once I learned you have to hold the take down lever and push it farther clockwise the slide went on easily but my thumb was definitely sore after putting the slide back on. I'm hoping that will smooth out as the gun gets broken in.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:
I have a May build 365. The gun was flawless through about 450 rounds then the striker broke. It went back to sig and they turned it around in about 10 days with a new, updated striker. I have 1100+ rounds through it SINCE sig replaced the striker and it has been flawless. I started carrying it again when I broke the 1000 round mark after repair.

Just to update, I now have over 2000 rounds through it since returned from Sig. I haven't counted but probably more than twice that in dry firing. Zero problems. It is now my primary carry.

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:.....but the 365 has been perfect pushing 3500 rounds.

Holy crap! That's a lot of rounds through a small pistol. I wonder how many J-frames were ever actually tested to that high a round count vs fired 5 times and dropped in a drawer.

That's what reloading will do for you, I honestly just cant put this 365 down. I burn thru a minimum of 300 rounds every time I take it out. I also shoot my 19 but I usually just shoot the 5 mags I have loaded for it and go back to the 365.

My reloads I shoot thru it are RMR 124 gr jacketed RN 7.7 gr AA#7 500 cci primer so the rounds are boarder line +p starting load, so they are not wimpy rounds. I shoot HST124 for SD and they feel a little tame compared to my practice rounds.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by G-Man:

I just put nearly 300 rounds through it (250 Remington FMJ and 40 Federal HSTs) and it was flawless. Great trigger, ergos, and very pleasant, manageable recoil. The X Ray sights are nice also. I looked at the ejected casings for firing pin drag on the primer and there was just the slightest hint of that. Disassembly — specifically the takedown lever — was far easier also.

I am very optimistic about this 10/12+1 9mm pistol because it is just about the same size as my Glock 42 (a 6+1 .380). A couple more problem free range visits and it will be my primary carry gun.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G-Man, The take down lever and slide lock
work together. Push up on the slide lock
and the take down lever will easily push
down. Then push the slide on.
Strange, My P365 had that issue. (Trying to take the slide off. I sent it back to Sig. "within spec". But when it came back the take down lever
worked find.
However, its good to understand the two__take down
lever and slide stop do work together.
Hopes this helps.

Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
I'm pushing a 1,000 rounds without any problems at all. The more I shoot it, the better I like it. For a small gun, it's so easy to shoot accurately.

My feeling also. For a subcompact it shoots like a much bigger gun. Love the sights and the trigger, mine has been flawless. June date. Still I only have about 400 rounds thru it and hope it continues to run well. Very pleased with it.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took 365 out of range bag and noticed front sight was very dim? Are these "X ray" sights light activated? After being exposed to indoor light for about 30 minutes, they brightened considerably. If this is the case, I much prefer the old "Siglites"?
If your 365 rides in a car console, glovebox; or even kept in a holster, the most critical front sight will not be getting any artificial or natural light! Did not have this concern with Sogites. FYI, my 365 was closed up in rangebag
fir about 5 days

Any word yet on when laser or light/laser will
become available? Surely in time for holidays?

770-977-0662

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
The XRAY3 Day/Night Sights are not self illuminating (ie HK). I just removed mine after being stored in a PELICAN case for weeks. The sights are bright as usual.

You might have a failing night sight.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post