SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Poll: How's your 365 doing?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Poll: How's your 365 doing? Login/Join 
Member
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I didn't vote because "nearly flawless" didn't apply. Mine is from Feb 2018 with a little over 600 rds. I've used 115gr, 124gr and 147gr. Range sessions have been minimum 200 rds so it got hot and dirty. It's been flawless with White Box, PMC, Blazer Brass and Fiocchi and a variety of jhp.

No odd sounds from the striker, no spring marks on the magazines, no dead trigger and "primer swipe" doesn't bother me.


*************************************************

Get over yourself. You're not that special unless you walked on the moon or received the Medal of Honor.

 
Posts: 8297 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Mine has been flawless for over 1000 rounds of 115 grain full metal jacket. I'm going to start putting 115 and 124 grain Gold Dots down range soon. If she continues to run flawlessly, she'll slip into my carry rotation alongside my 9mm and .45 Shield.


************************************************
"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}



 
Posts: 479 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have a May build 365. The gun was flawless through about 450 rounds then the striker broke. It went back to sig and they turned it around in about 10 days with a new, updated striker. I have 1100+ rounds through it SINCE sig replaced the striker and it has been flawless. I started carrying it again when I broke the 1000 round mark after repair.
 
Posts: 31 | Registered: July 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Mine is a July 2018 build.
 
Posts: 945 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
My April build 365 is superb. It did go back to SIG for a loose fire control unit and, while there, they kindly updated the striker, the grip module, the trigger return spring, and apparently modified the inside of the striker channel.

It has been perfect after its return.

In fact, I plan to purchase another for my wife to carry.
 
Posts: 2074 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:
they kindly updated the striker, the grip module, the trigger return spring, and apparently modified the inside of the striker channel.


So they made 4 changes to the firearm and sent it back.....This is what I'm talking about! I have to assume that my mid-March build P365 has none of these updates. Does it need them? Is my gun a time bomb because it doesn't have these updates? Come on Sig, if those of us with a P365 purchased within a certain set of build dates need to send our firearms in for updates come out and tell us. I won't hold it against you, just be up front and tell me. I know Sig is reading these threads, so what is up?
I've been patiently reading these threads and trying not to jump to conclusions, but when I read about guns being sent back with these types of updates it doesn't inspire confidence in my purchase. Those updates were made for a reason....




Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

 
Posts: 652 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
It took my being first to purcchase Sig P238 and Boberg XR9-S to realize that it is best to wait a year before purchasing a new model.
 
Posts: 945 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Every single shooter should take that advice. No one should buy any of them for a year. I'm sure that a year of sitting on shelves would bring those problems to the forefront and get them resolved.
 
Posts: 7511 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
Mine is back to the store on consignment.

Mine went through 500 rounds flawlessly, yet there was a few things about it that I didn't like, the sand paper grips, the hard to load magazines, the misplace magazine release which forces you to change hand positions to drop.

Didn't like the ergonomics, the pistol just never naturally pointed on target when held in hand, like any of my other pistols did.

The real deal breaker was the supposed cure for the striker breaks, and the cleaning up of striker drag.

Well here's a photo of my (Born date 28 June 2018) P365 expanded round casing next my Glock 42 expanded casing.

The Sig has extreme striker drag, while the Glock has none. So much for that "all sub compact pistols have primer drag" meme.

 
Posts: 53 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wow only 75% people said this thing was reliable out of the box. That is shameful. Not that I would have wanted one, but this is bad if a board of SIG fans can't trust a new SIG. Never ever for me.

Only gun I have ever bought as soon as it was released was 226 Legion and that thing has many, many thousands of rounds and zero failures, no break in period. Passed 1,000 round torture test no problem. But it is just a gussied up 226.



Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others
 
Posts: 12452 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^^^

Every single shooter should take that advice. No one should buy any of them for a year. I'm sure that a year of sitting on shelves would bring those problems to the forefront and get them resolved.

Well I certainly don't mind if everyone/anyone else buys into an all-new design from the word 'go'. Hell, that helps keep our shop's doors open. However I'm a content, happy camper if I'm not one of those 'anyones'. A year would more or less be a good enough rule of thumb for me.

Then again that time allotment size didn't actually allow enough to fix the Remington R51 or the Kimber Solo. And frankly you can argue that the Gen4 G19 took longer than a year to sort out its RSA poundage issues.
 
Posts: 8724 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'll wait a few years till all the bugs are worked out. Of course by then they'll either change the design or come up with an all new model!
 
Posts: 555 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Mid May build date; 700 rounds; zero function issues.

Mild POA/POI intrigue to be settled soon: I expect to get sight alignment touched a bit.

Like the "x-ray sight" set up.

115/124/147 FMJ/plated/lead/defense rounds all work well in mine.


**************~~~~~~~~~~
"Nothing like a Battleship appearing in the horizon to spur diplomacy"
COTEP # 362
 
Posts: 8012 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Only 60 people have replied to the "poll" (I didn't vote as I said in my reply). 45 of those people have experienced no issues. The sampling is to small to make a determination one way or the other when compared to the thousands of pistols produced. If hundreds were experiencing issues, that would be more telling.

My opinion is that's the problem with random polls, if you look only at the % they may be interpreted incorrectly and support an agenda. Polls meant nothing with the election, either. Razz

The small sampling could be that many people, myself included, are getting tired of the P365 bashing which we have not experienced.

Buy one now to experience and enjoy. Odds are you'll have no issues. Or wait for awhile.


*************************************************

Get over yourself. You're not that special unless you walked on the moon or received the Medal of Honor.

 
Posts: 8297 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Only 60 people have replied to the "poll" (I didn't vote as I said in my reply). 45 of those people have experienced no issues. The sampling is to small to make a determination one way or the other when compared to the thousands of pistols produced. If hundreds were experiencing issues, that would be more telling.

My opinion is that's the problem with random polls, if you look only at the % they may be interpreted incorrectly and support an agenda. Polls meant nothing with the election, either. Razz

The small sampling could be that many people, myself included, are getting tired of the P365 bashing which we have not experienced.

Buy one now to experience and enjoy. Odds are you'll have no issues. Or wait for awhile.


We need a big like button.

http://www.hitechyo.ga/2015/09...-button-plugins.html
 
Posts: 202 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
This is not the first poll that has been conducted surveying P365 owners regarding reliability.

On the "other" SIG forum, a poll conducted a while back got responses from 235 P365 owners. of those, a total of 29% had reliability issues (exclusive of magazine issues) that required returning the pistol to SIG. The issues ranged from barrel peening, to failures to feed or extract, to broken strikers and dead triggers, to "other" issues. So in that poll, 71% of P365 owners either had no issues, or issues not severe enough to warrant return to SIG.

A small poll was conducted on the Glock forum. This one got 54 responses from P365 owners. Of those, 10.3% reported feeding and/or extraction issues and another 5.5% had "serious" mechanical issue. So the "no problems" rate on that small poll was 74%.

And now so far in this poll we have a 73% "nearly flawless" rate, but one poster has commented that he had to return his pistol to SIG but did not vote. If he had, the "nearly flawless rate would have been 72%.

So we have three polls here and the "no problem/nearly flawless" rates are 71%, 74%, and 72-73% which are strikingly similar.

I have taken graduate level course work in statistical and multivariate analysis and I am quite familiar with selection bias and how it can affect polls and studies. But multiple polls of actual P365 owners conducted on three quite different forums have now turned up "good to go" rates of less than 74%. Yet SIG spokespeople keep telling us that only a fraction of 1% of P365 pistols sold have been returned for service.

Quite frankly, something doesn't smell right here.
 
Posts: 361 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I had originally experience fome minor failure to return to battery issues that went away after a hundred rounds or so. I also had some trigger bites issues, which were more due my hand size rather than any issue with the gun itself. I installed a hogue Handall Jr grip sleeve, and the gun is now a pleasure to shoot.

I took it out and qualified with it as a backup yesterday, and had no issues. I even got to play some after we were done, and I was 10/10 ringing 8" steel at the 25 yard line with it, rapid fire, unsupported. The little guy is beginning to grow on me.
 
Posts: 2913 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Recent build has had no issues in a couple hundred rounds other than seeing primer swipe.
 
Posts: 14968 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
This is not the first poll that has been conducted surveying P365 owners regarding reliability.

On the "other" SIG forum, a poll conducted a while back got responses from 235 P365 owners. of those, a total of 29% had reliability issues (exclusive of magazine issues) that required returning the pistol to SIG. The issues ranged from barrel peening, to failures to feed or extract, to broken strikers and dead triggers, to "other" issues. So in that poll, 71% of P365 owners either had no issues, or issues not severe enough to warrant return to SIG.

A small poll was conducted on the Glock forum. This one got 54 responses from P365 owners. Of those, 10.3% reported feeding and/or extraction issues and another 5.5% had "serious" mechanical issue. So the "no problems" rate on that small poll was 74%.

And now so far in this poll we have a 73% "nearly flawless" rate, but one poster has commented that he had to return his pistol to SIG but did not vote. If he had, the "nearly flawless rate would have been 72%.

So we have three polls here and the "no problem/nearly flawless" rates are 71%, 74%, and 72-73% which are strikingly similar.

I have taken graduate level course work in statistical and multivariate analysis and I am quite familiar with selection bias and how it can affect polls and studies. But multiple polls of actual P365 owners conducted on three quite different forums have now turned up "good to go" rates of less than 74%. Yet SIG spokespeople keep telling us that only a fraction of 1% of P365 pistols sold have been returned for service.

Quite frankly, something doesn't smell right here.


While I agree with everything you wrote; all the respondents of the polls you listed are from gun boards. These individuals will almost definitely have much higher round counts than the general population. Since the failures are usually not in the first couple hundred rounds, SIG may not ever see those guns, even if they are bound to fail with more rounds down range. But I think we can all agree that 1% is wishful thinking.


"Living among the enemy behind the Tofu Curtain"
 
Posts: 1919 | Location: California, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
This is not the first poll that has been conducted surveying P365 owners regarding reliability.

On the "other" SIG forum, a poll conducted a while back got responses from 235 P365 owners. of those, a total of 29% had reliability issues (exclusive of magazine issues) that required returning the pistol to SIG. The issues ranged from barrel peening, to failures to feed or extract, to broken strikers and dead triggers, to "other" issues. So in that poll, 71% of P365 owners either had no issues, or issues not severe enough to warrant return to SIG.

A small poll was conducted on the Glock forum. This one got 54 responses from P365 owners. Of those, 10.3% reported feeding and/or extraction issues and another 5.5% had "serious" mechanical issue. So the "no problems" rate on that small poll was 74%.

And now so far in this poll we have a 73% "nearly flawless" rate, but one poster has commented that he had to return his pistol to SIG but did not vote. If he had, the "nearly flawless rate would have been 72%.

So we have three polls here and the "no problem/nearly flawless" rates are 71%, 74%, and 72-73% which are strikingly similar.

I have taken graduate level course work in statistical and multivariate analysis and I am quite familiar with selection bias and how it can affect polls and studies. But multiple polls of actual P365 owners conducted on three quite different forums have now turned up "good to go" rates of less than 74%. Yet SIG spokespeople keep telling us that only a fraction of 1% of P365 pistols sold have been returned for service.

Quite frankly, something doesn't smell right here.


While I agree with everything you wrote; all the respondents of the polls you listed are from gun boards. These individuals will almost definitely have much higher round counts than the general population. Since the failures are usually not in the first couple hundred rounds, SIG may not ever see those guns, even if they are bound to fail with more rounds down range. But I think we can all agree that 1% is wishful thinking.


Yes, I entirely agree. We all know people who purchase a handgun, maybe shoot a box of 50 rounds through it, maybe not even that, and put it in a drawer until who knows when.

I see people at local gun stores all the time looking at pistols, and it is pretty apparent from their comments that they know next to nothing about handguns. A significant number of P365s have probably been sold to people like that. Those folks are also very unlikely to visit on-line firearms forums and come across polls of this type. So I will agree that the P365 owners who responded to these polls are not necessarily a completely representative subset of P365 owners in general.

So it is probably true that there are large numbers of P365 pistols out there that have never had any type of reliability issue and have very low round counts. Some of those might have had issues with higher round counts. I guess the reliability of a pistol is a moot point if it is never, or very seldom used.

My interest in the P365 is for use as a concealed carry weapon for self-defense as this seems to be its primary design intent. I suspect these polls might be more representative of that subset of P365 owners. I think in general that CCW holders are rather more likely to shoot regularly and peruse gun forums.
 
Posts: 361 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Poll: How's your 365 doing?

© SIGforum 2018