SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    228-.22 guide rod and spring? Need a replacement...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

228-.22 guide rod and spring? Need a replacement... Login/Join 
posted
I bought a .22 kit for my 228 in 2009. Shot it awhile when 9mm ammo was so expensive and hard to come by. At some point I lost the guide rod/spring at the range, but didn't realize it till several months later, and it was gone.

There used to be a guy who manufactured things like last-round lock-back for that kit, etc. He had SS guide rods for the .22. I can't find him on the Internet, nor remember the name. I'd be fine to buy a replacement OEM or a SS upgrade; I'd just like to get the kit back on the road and either start using it again or sell it to somebody who will.

Any ideas where to find one?

Thanks! The Man...

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
I happen to have an extra new 228/229-.22 guide rod and new spring. Instant Karma to you! Sigforum has been very good to me over the years. I want to start giving back.
Email in my profile. Send you address and I will ship them out to you.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
I happen to have an extra new 228/229-.22 guide rod and new spring. Instant Karma to you! Sigforum has been very good to me over the years. I want to start giving back.
Email in my profile. Send you address and I will ship them out to you.

Wow! That is a most generous offer. I'll email you about it. Thank you so much.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn, SIGforum rocks!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Hey Matt: Received your info and will mail out on Tuesday as Monday is a holiday.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Matt be looking for a yellow padded envelope. Went out today U.S. mail first class. Postal employee said you should get it "Probably Saturday"...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Matt be looking for a yellow padded envelope. Went out today U.S. mail first class. Postal employee said you should get it "Probably Saturday"...

SATURDAY??? This is Tuesday. You mean you didn't overnight it???Mad Some people...

Big Grin Hey, you're the best, Wally. Thanks again. I'll be on the lookout.

Now, if I could just afford some .22 anymore. You don't have a couple of bricks lying around?

posted Hide Post
Quite a thread! Only on SF. Smile

BTW, the outfit you were referencing was called "Sig Power". No longer in business. IIRC, it went under in a very disorganized fashion. Lots of paid orders stuck in the mess.

I bought the 15 rd conversions and slide hold open from them. Still functioning very well. Don't know the details on their demise.

Black Dog was the other. Don't know if they still offer anything for Sigs.

http://blackdogmachinellc.net/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Way to go, SIGWALLY!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Quite a thread! Only on SF. Smile

BTW, the outfit you were referencing was called "Sig Power". No longer in business. IIRC, it went under in a very disorganized fashion. Lots of paid orders stuck in the mess.

I bought the 15 rd conversions and slide hold open from them. Still functioning very well. Don't know the details on their demise.

Black Dog was the other. Don't know if they still offer anything for Sigs.

http://blackdogmachinellc.net/

SIG Power! Yeah, that was it. I have the slide hold-open (works fine) and the 15-rd conversion (never could get it to feed properly and finally went back to 10.)

posted Hide Post
Package received and exactly what I need! You are TheMan, Wally.

Well, technically that's me. But you are AMan!

Thanks again.