SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Great deal on a 365 - $399 @ Cabelas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great deal on a 365 - $399 @ Cabelas Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
Got this in the mail today, thought some of you might like to see it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4x5,

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Saw that earlier today and it has triggered some familiar musing yet again.

I have had a P238 since 2010 that has served extremely well as a pocket CCW and/or BUG. Yes it is a 380 but as many acknowledge 380 ammo has improved significantly in recent years. That said it still costs more than 9mm fodder.

My prime carry (IWB / OWB) is a DW CCO in 45acp (7+1) with an Argentine 9mm M90 Detective "chopped" Hi-Power (13 or 15 + 1) as an alternative. They weigh 28.7 and 30 ounces unloaded respectively.

So the P365 (10, 12 or 15 + 1) offers a more significant caliber and more rounds than the P238 in a slightly larger package. It is available with a thumb safety like my primary carry pieces and weighs just under 18 ounces.

I own no striker fired or plastic pistols and have been a SA 1911/BHP guy for many decades.

The P365 probably won't work as a pocket piece for me so it won't displace the P238 as a BUG. It would simply be a lighter weight alternative to my current primary carry preferences.

And so it goes... buy or stand pat...

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And if you look to the right of this P365 ad you will see that Federal is going to be putting their bulk packed “Black Pack” ammo on sale again this year with a $25.00 rebate for every two boxes you purchase....Various calibers to choose from......Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'd be a little ticked if there was a Cabelas nearby, since I just purchased a P365 for about $50 more, but it would run me about $50 to get to one, so I'm okay.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paper ad (?) shown says "Manual safety". Can't find it on Web site. Is there a link?

Standard (no manual safety) listed on Web site as 499.99.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
This is one of those door-buster deals, but what are the odds of getting one? There's nothing visible in the ad copy posted about how many minimum will be allotted per store. Could be something like five. Is the deal rain-checkable?

I bet $399.97 is at or below dealer cost. There are some FFLs on SF who could confirm.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
This is one of those door-buster deals, but what are the odds of getting one? There's nothing visible in the ad copy posted about how many minimum will be allotted per store. Could be something like five. Is the deal rain-checkable?

I bet $399.97 is at or below dealer cost. There are some FFLs on SF who could confirm.

It says in-store and online, so.....maybe you have a better than average chance of snagging one online?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone on another site posted that a corrected digital-version of the ad had been posted, and that that model on sale was actually a two-tone, non-safety w/ one 10 rnd. magazine and contrast instead of X-Ray sights. I haven't been able to find the ad online.

Posts: 30 | Location: B'ham, AL | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
I like the two tone but no night sights and only one mag? Doesn’t seem like such a good deal anymore.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Paper ad (?) shown says "Manual safety". Can't find it on Web site. Is there a link?

Standard (no manual safety) listed on Web site as 499.99.

Do a search for "Cabelas 2019 Black Friday flyer" and you'll find numerous sites that have the flyer digitized.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cabelas 2019 Black Friday flyer

Found it...

Page 12
https://www.cabelas.com/custse...me=RetailStoreFlyers

It's showing two-tone w/o safety, but doesn't specify sights or number of included magazines.

Posts: 30 | Location: B'ham, AL | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The flyer I found specified the manual safety and looked like the silver slide.

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I (hopefully) purchased one yesterday at Bass Pro Shops, which owns Cabelas. I went in with the ad and said that I wanted THAT one, the one with the manual safety. They had and were pushing the bi-tone without manual safety. So, they filled out the requisition form for the MS one, and will call me when it comes in. NO IDEA when that will be, and I will be pissed if it isn't the right gun.

Posts: 13 | Location: Illiniois | Registered: September 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:

This model (contrast sights and one mag) is not available through my channels, but I suspect given the known costs of the second mag and a set of X-ray sights that they're still making a few bucks on these guns.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bass pro in hampton VA had a sign on the counter stating the add was incorrect, the manual safety model was not on sale.

Posts: 34 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by APSAbner:
The bass pro in hampton VA had a sign on the counter stating the add was incorrect, the manual safety model was not on sale.

So did the Cabelas in Triadelphia, W.V., they had the two tone SIG P365 for $399.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fell for that black friday super sale stuff one time. they had 6 pieces at that price. I have not read a Cabelas ad since then. Lots of small shops that you can buy Sig from, at least one dealer on this forum that gives good prices to forum members.

229, 220, 320 Xcompact, 365, 365XL

Posts: 38 | Location: Omaha NE | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep there was a gunshow just down the road from the Basspro. I picked up a manual safety 365 for $450 from DK.

Posts: 34 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The sharks are already hitting Armslist with these guns for sale at healthy markups. Beware, they only come with one mag and no night sights.

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post