SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did Sig ever do a GOTM 226R Nickel?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Sig ever do a GOTM 226R Nickel? Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted
or offer the 226R with a factory nickel option?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I don't see one as a GOTM.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, saw one for sale and figured it was aftermarket but the label shows: E26R-9-SN(got the label pic after I asked here) seems the SN would be Satin Nickel?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Actually 2 questions:
1. GOTM? No.
2. 226R in factory nickel? I don't believe SIG was still using Klein Plating by the time the rail became "standard" on the P226. But anything is possible, I suppose. Did the label also have the production date on it?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
you can see the NK designation on the top label as well.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
May well have been the last gasp for factory nickel plating in the 02-03 time frame. Wouldn't be very common...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Actually 2 questions:
1. GOTM? No.
2. 226R in factory nickel? I don't believe SIG was still using Klein Plating by the time the rail became "standard" on the P226. But anything is possible, I suppose. Did the label also have the production date on it?

Whoever they used after Klein, no one really knows, but definitely there were factory Ni P229R, and as WARPIG showed, P226R Ni. Not GOTM, though.
Klein stopped their firearm finishing business by the late 90s.

Q

Posts: 26332 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This Nov 2005 GOTM (now belongs to another member) is definitely not Klein.

Q

Posts: 26332 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Actually 2 questions:
1. GOTM? No.

Whoever they used after Klein, no one really knows, but definitely there were factory Ni P229R, and as WARPIG showed, P226R Ni.
Klein stopped their firearm finishing business by the late 90s.

What should such a piece go for? I've never come across one. Looks to be in exellent condtion but not NIB.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
What should such a piece go for? I've never come across one. Looks to be in exellent condtion but not NIB.

Have no earthly idea. But, I personally would put less value on these compared to the like-condition W. German/German all Ni guns.

Q

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
This one is all Nickel too.

Maybe I'll grab it so I can further investigate.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
This one is all Nickel too.

That's what I meant, comparing all Ni P226s from early era to US made all Ni guns like "yours".

Q

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Its not nearly valued that high if going by GB prices.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I know they offered a Ni P220 railed not so long ago. It was one I had interest in.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I just viewed a all nickle railed P226 tonight on line. Its box lable reads different than the one posted above. GB Item # 754450389.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ooops, think thats the one.

Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I just viewed a all nickle railed P226 tonight on line. Its box lable reads different than the one posted above. GB Item # 754450389.

I’ve watched that one for over a year.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbramlett:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

I’ve watched that one for over a year.

Yep, been there since the dawn of time. Not worth the asking price.

Q

posted Hide Post
So "NK" on the label designates Nickel? Eek

Wonder if I let some slip by...

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post