SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone have a LTT Beretta 92 or a PX4 Carry Compact of fullsize?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a LTT Beretta 92 or a PX4 Carry Compact of fullsize? Login/Join 
posted
Can I get your opinions on it cost? Has it been durable. I cannot find one locally to try out. Thank you.

Posts: 249 | Location: Lebanon, PA | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Elite LTT. I don’t carry but it is holding up just fine. I think it is an excellent pistol, and a very good value. Get the trigger job. You’ll be glad you did!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I have a 92 Elite LTT and have seen a few PX4 Compact Carry pistols (various Mods).

I think the better value lies with the LTT.

Basically everything I wanted in a competition gun (what I was working my M9A1 towards), the LTT has - along with a few other bells and whistles.

The big bonuses, for me, on the LTT are the radiused trigger guard, cut & crowned barrel, front cocking serrations, and the FO front sight.

To do all the things on your own that Ernie did with LTT would greatly exceed what he charges.

I don't have a significant amount of rounds through mine, but I haven't had any problems with it so far. It's a Beretta, I don't expect to either. Wink Big Grin

I also have what I lovingly refer to as a poor-man's PX4 Compact Carry. I picked up a PX4 Compact locally for sub-$400. Changed the mainspring, added stealth levers, a Talon grip, and an extended mag release and called it good. For under $500 I have damn close to what the CC offers - sans night sights.
(I picked my PX4 Compact to try out appendix carry, but didn't want to drop a ton of money on a pistol I may not stick with.)
Still, the CC's I have seen are awesome little pistols and I'd have zero reservations getting one.

Just my two cents worth. Big Grin

Hopefully piedrarc will be along shortly to chime in as I know he has both.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a PX4 Compact Carry, but my standard Compact has been modified so it's essentially a CC, minus the Cerakote finish and competition trigger (mine also has the LTT Fugly/stealth decocker lever combo and a D hammer spring, plus I use the granulated Talon Grips instead of the rubberized version that comes with the CC). I can't say anything about long term durability, but it's had a few hundred rounds through it since I got it last summer, with no issues. It's my EDC pistol.

I'll be getting another PX4 Compact, hopefully in the next month or two. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get the CC or just a regular Compact and mod it like mine. It'll probably depend on whether or not I can get a good deal on the regular Compact to make modding it more cost-effective than getting the CC. I like the trigger pull on the standard model, so I'll have to see how the SA trigger is on the CC (the DA pulls are the same).

I also plan on getting a Beretta 92 Elite LTT at some point in the (hopefully!) near future, but compact carry guns are my priority right now.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an LTT 92 and have sold several. With the exception of one gun that had some blemishes from the factory, they have been solid. Great features and I really like the grips in particular.

Out of stock right now, but I can order them and offer SF member pricing.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an LTT. I have owned many Berettas, and of the 4 i have now, (Stainless Brig, 2 M9's, and LTT), it's easily the one I shoot the most.
Very accurate, great sights with front fiber optic, and after a 1,000 or so rounds it's flawless.
I got mine new for $900 plus tax and for the money it's a great pistol.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Beretta Elite LTT is my duty pistol. Such a beautifully thought out pistol from the beginning - every feature has a purpose, no added bling for the sake of it.

From the factory, the LTT has some additional smoothing and deburring done along the trigger guard and beavertail, and this greatly reduces the sharp edges that Beretta shooters are all too familiar with - much more comfortable at the web of the hand and top edge of the middle finger.

Did I mention it's crazy accurate too?!

FWIW, I paid $920 for mine. I felt the cost was slightly below what others were offering.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sr_Bull,

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I don’t own an LTT but have used a FS PX4 carry and do own a Compact Carry. The later is the better choice. Think of it as a Glock 19 TDA pistol. Is been both totally reliable & accurate. Liked it so much I found a deal on a standard PX4 compact and model it up trigger wise to the PX4 CC. These are definitely underrated guns.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I have all 3 as of today. Picked up my LTT this afternoon! Can't wait to shoot it. I carry a Compact Carry and just had a stipple job done on it. Perfect size for a carry gun. Shoots very accurately and softly. The Storm full-size has the LTT trigger job and is a joy to shoot. I prefer shooting the compact even more though.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does that smooth job around the beaver tail look in person? It looks terrible in the pic. I’m really torn between the ltt and the m9a3 in black

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
How does that smooth job around the beaver tail look in person? It looks terrible in the pic. I’m really torn between the ltt and the m9a3 in black

I had to really zoom in on the photo to see the smoothing done to the beavertail. The photo was taken under a strong LED lamp too, as I was trying to highlight the detail. Yes, the machining marks are noticeable, if you are looking for them.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although I don't have mine in front of me I don't recall mine looking anything like that!

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a PX4 CC for a while. I do like the compact PX4, much better than the full size, but know that if you have any hand issues...the slimline decocker is almost impossible to use. I have had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and with that I had to completely turn the gun with both hands to de-cock. Wanted to love it, but wasn't functional for me.

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
True. When I moded up my second PX4 compact, I left off the flush fit decocker ears.
quote:
Originally posted by bufford:
I had a PX4 CC for a while. I do like the compact PX4, much better than the full size, but know that if you have any hand issues...the slimline decocker is almost impossible to use. I have had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands and with that I had to completely turn the gun with both hands to de-cock. Wanted to love it, but wasn't functional for me.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bufford:

I had originally put the stealth levers on my PX4 Compact and had the same issue. They were pretty much useless unless I used my support hand to come over the top of the slide to decock.

That's why I installed the LTT Fugly lever on the left side. It's a slimmed-down standard lever. While I have to slightly shift my grip to use it, it works much better.

Beretta now offers their carry decocker levers, which are similar to the Fugly lever but ambidexterous.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I have both. I highly recommend both. They have both surprised me even though I had high expectations.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a LTT with the langdon trigger job in a bag installed.
BEST double action trigger I ever shot. Even sig.
It's been cold here so carrying is not a problem iwb.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another PX4 and PX4C owner here, though probably not for long.

Both were picked up stock for well under $400 and I installed all the parts that are in the carry models (Trigger Job in a Bag, Ameriglo sights, and Talon grips. The gun is outstanding for a TDA version of the Glock 19. Because of the sloped and curved rear, I find it conceals better than a Glock. Magazines are compatible with smaller sizes. Recoil is really light due to the rotating barrel design. A bunch of people have a lot of rounds through these thing over at Pistol-Forum with supurb reliability. The TJIAB is outstanding with the 12# mainspring. Ernest claims it's 90% of what he can do if you send it to him for a trigger job.

I've fondled and shot a few round through the full house Robar MOD 5. That gun is downright slick.

Someone above mentioned preferring the shootability of the Compact over the Full Size. I couldn't tell a significant difference, but it is a common sentiment. Ernest and several other solid shooters have said the same thing.

I've since decided to move on to a gun better suited for competition and red dot sights. While you can now mount a dot and compete with a PX4, there's other guns that do it better. If that weren't a factor, I'd have stuck with the PX4 forever.

If you're interested, there's a couple good deals going on in the Pistol-Forum.com classifieds. Disclosure: I have one of them up, but there's a couple guys with better deals than mine. " "Duke" has a smokin' package deal going on right now that would get super set up for $800.

ETA: It's worth noting that Ernest was a good friend of one of Pistol Forum's founders, Todd Green. Ernest has been fairly active on that forum thru the years. A bunch of members jumped on a PX4 bandwagon once he released the PX4CC. That forum probably is probably the best source of online info on the PX4CC and Langdon-ized 92's.

Cheers,
D

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new Beretta 92 LTT without the trigger job for $799 last weekend. It’s great for that price. The trigger is good even without the trigger job. I only put about 150 rounds through it with so no idea about long term durability but it feels solid and smooth. If you like the 92 you will like this model.

Posts: 34 | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with LTT versions but my EDC is a Beretta issue PX4 Compact Carry. I have done some tuning myself and it has a 6-7 lb DA, 2 lb SA, 1/8 inch reset with no take up.

It has been completely reliable and accurate. Last summer I put 2000 rounds through it (without cleaning) in four hours.

I prefer the compact size over the full or sub sized.

Here are mine:

And some videos:

Disassembly

Parts

Reassembly

Posts: 117 | Registered: August 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post