SIGforum
Stainless p226 at gunshow

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/4530084024

March 04, 2017, 06:38 PM
mindustrial
Stainless p226 at gunshow
So a guy at a small gun show was selling what he called a 226 legion. The ones I looked up on gunbroker were all "gray"... His was normal shiney stainless colored. His frame was stainless, not alluminum alloy....it was heavy. Stippled wood grips that made the grip too bulky. .40 S&W, asking $975.
Asked what made it special besides the st. steel frame. He said: match bbl, short reset trigger, hand fitted, and night sights. Was this a legion? Was his price reasonable? Do I need to go buy it?
March 04, 2017, 06:51 PM
geektoad
99% likely not a legion. Legion frames are alloy, the finish is gray PVD, grips are black G10, not wood. The night sites on the legion have a *bright* green dot on the front site. Sounds like it might have been a stainless elite?
March 04, 2017, 06:52 PM
.38supersig
I'm thinking the Legion should have the chevron/L machined on the top of the slide and the original grips had medallions also. I can't imagine why someone would replace the Legion grips with wooden stippled ones. If it had the original box and related inserts, they should have said Legion on them about thirty times.

Thinking he may be trying to sell a dressed up P226? Could it be used and sold without the proper documentation? Don't know. I once bought a 'P226 Target' at the local gun store for $888. It turned out to be an X-Five.

March 04, 2017, 06:54 PM
mindustrial
Yes, 100% an elite, he kept calling it a legion. He may have been tired. Just looked it up. Is an elite worth $975 ?
March 04, 2017, 06:58 PM
Dusty78
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
Yes, 100% an elite, he kept calling it a legion. He may have been tired. Just looked it up. Is an elite worth $975 ?

Not in 40, maybe in 9mm. Is this a new gun?

March 04, 2017, 07:00 PM
GaryBF
Maybe yes depending on condition, etc.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...ights-da-sa-srt.html
March 04, 2017, 07:06 PM
mindustrial
Like new, but no box. I was thinking to myself there, if this were a 9mm, I would try to negotiate with him. But I walked away thinking that it empty weighed more than my alloy framed 226 loaded.

I dunno, think I'll pass. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
March 05, 2017, 08:29 AM
$975? In .40? Pass.
Not even in a 9mm, from your description.

Q

March 06, 2017, 10:39 PM
SIG_P226
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
$975? In .40? Pass.
Not even in a 9mm, from your description.
Agreed on 40SW. However, if it is a 9mm, I will check a little more to be sure it is not a P226 Sport - then it worth the $.

.)))*"((((((( *¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫.♥.♫ •*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*
>>> o <<<
.\___~___/
Get some, then get some more ... ST10
Success in handgun marksmanship is about operating the pistol, not hitting the target. - Bruce Gray
Knowledge is power, ONLY when you share it. - Me
NRA Life Member
March 06, 2017, 11:46 PM
soggy_spinout
Not a Legion. Sounds like that seller doesn't know his SIG. "Match" barrel, eh? At least he didn't call it a Legend.

Light use, German frame, short extractor legacy slide...I might do $900ish for a .40S&W SSE, even without the original box though it would have to have the original factory rosewood stocks. Only because I've been looking for one with little luck. Frown But for one that has that fugly long extractor and Exeter/Newington pedigree...nope, not happening.