SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many have actually switched from Glock to M&P?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many have actually switched from Glock to M&P? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Glock grip has two issues, the slab sides and the grip angle. The slab sides definitely give the shooter feedback as to where he is pointing the pistol, and help with accuracy. The improvement in natural shooting ability probably leads to faster times and more confidence.

Most German pistols use a similar grip angle, approx. 22 degrees. I do not see any advantage to the steep angle.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
As it is no surprise, I ditched the Glock for the M&P. Sort of. I am issued a Gen5 G17 at work, and shoot it a bunch. But, I am shooting my 2.0s in competition when I shoot striker. I'm also carrying a 2.0 Compact off duty in a Mastermind Tactics Appendix Rig. I can shoot both guns really well. It just takes less effort, so to speak, to make the 2.0 perform.

The 2.0 for me is pretty great in the stock configuration. My 2.0 Compact is still fully stock. Apex makes it better. I also prefer the metal magazines over polymer.

If work would let me, I'd carry my 2.0 Compact full time in Appendix.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK

It's not all about "feel"/"comfort". The proof is in the shooting. That's why merely going to a gun store and fondling guns isn't a very reliable indicator on which one will work best for you. You actually need to try them out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The absolute truth.

Yep, a lot of guns feel better in the hand, but I shoot my G19 much better than I ever did the M&P series.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
As it is no surprise, I ditched the Glock for the M&P. Sort of. I am issued a Gen5 G17 at work, and shoot it a bunch. I can shoot both guns really well. It just takes less effort, so to speak, to make the 2.0 perform.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:-)

A good shooter is a good shooter and can make a number of guns work well. Proper fit just makes it easier.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have not carried my G32 RTF in a very long time. Got a M&P 2.0 9mm Compact this month and love it. Before that I was carrying my P229 in .357 Sig.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great feeling gun the 2.0 compact is.... that being said, the G19 and P228 are far superior and will not be replace.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glocks I had always ran well, and for a plastic gun, shot fairly accurate, but, when the M&Ps came out, I switched. Now that the 2.0 came out, I shot a friend's 5", along side my 1.0 Pro, with Apex gunsmith-fit barrel, and internal trigger parts. The 2.0 has far less felt recoil, and muzzle jump, compared to 1.0, so I HAD to buy one, which I set up for a carry optics gun. With the new texturing, I certainly don't want it against my skin, as a carry gun, and now that they don't auto-forward, when you do a mag change, I really don't want to use one in IDPA.
Now I'm also on a Sig 320 kick. After reading all the hype on the xfive, I HAD to have one. I only took it to the range once, and it seems to want to shoot very accurately, but, it has the nastiest trigger I've ever pulled on a 320, and I'm pretty sure I jerked a few shots. The 2.0 has less felt recoil, and muzzle jump than the Xfive, shooting the same loads.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
My bedside safe now has a M&P 2.0 in it. It USED to have a Glock in it. For a decade. Big fan of the 2.0.

BUT

I have a new G19X that I absolutely love. It just might reclaim the spot in the safe. Maybe.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my first Glock about 1987, and bought many since. I’ve sold all but two, and have replaced them with M&P 2.0’s.
I own a 5”, a 4 1/4”, two 4” Compacts, and 3 Shields.
They all have great ejection from the box, and not a malfunction with any. They fit my hand perfectly with the small backstrap, and I’m a fan of thumb safety, as I began long ago with 1911’s.

Skip

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I prefer Glocks.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are all different but I carry both for work with the G19 being my primary EDC. I am also an armorer for both and prefer the Glocks internal simplicity.

The 2.0 isnt bad but its more complicated and theres not much you can't do with a glock and a punch. Or a ball point pen for that matter. I like that I dont need to have tools with me if I have a pistol problem.

As for actually shooting I like both now that glock has the backstraps and the short frame. I didnt like them for a long time before Gen 3 but those changes and time with hands on really swayed me. YMMV of course and either will serve you well.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I didn't switch, having never had a Glock.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Started out carrying Sigs for years. Had Glocks but they felt weird and gave me slide bite when speed drawing from holsters. I assume that is from my fleshy hands and high grip of years of shooting the Sig.

I tried some of the first M&P and liked them ok but the trigger wasn't great.

Then the Gen 4 Glocks came out and I could get a beavertail on a stock Glock. I liked it a lot. However if I am honest I don't really like the hump much and the finger grooves really don't fit me on the 19.

I have just fired all in two weeks a 2.0 full size and a 2.o compact. I have to say i am seriously considering switching. I like them stock more in almost every way. No hump, no finger groove, grip texture is rough like I like it, trigger feels better, metallic feeling reset.

The only thing holding me back really is the muscle memory of all the Glocks I have lol. To switch to defensive guns that point different after several years of mostly Glock give me pause. But I am tempted.

Posts: 32 | Registered: August 23, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post