SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How many have actually switched from Glock to M&P?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many have actually switched from Glock to M&P? Login/Join 
posted
I'm sure hearing a lot of good things about the M&P 2.0 and not much negative. Lots of talk about the Compact being on par with the G19.

I'm pretty well set with Glocks, but always looking for something new to explore.

What are the features of the M&P that you actually find superior to Glock and are they enough to make you actually switch from a Glock you have previously used/carried?

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Not me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a M&P40C 1.0.
For me the various grips. The M&P fits my hand better, and it points naturally for me.

Also the lack of finger grips on the grip. Now I have not tried the new series of Glocks so I am going with my previous experiences.

I have always had trouble with Glocks until my last agency. I was tilting my wrist back a tad to see the sights and one of our SGTs told me to choke up on it. To be honest that is the first time I ever had to qualify with a Glock and scored a 93. So I do shoot the 21 pretty decent.

I constantly have to remind myself to choke up on it, or what others would say is take a higher grip. I never have that problem with the M&P.

I know it sounds crazy but I like that kind of scratchy trigger I have in my compact and M&P 45.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
And back to glock.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I have sold all my glocks and replaced them with M&P. I have a 5", a 4.25" and two shields... They feel better to me, I shoot them better, and they are easier to go back and forth from my main competition guns (1911/2011 pattern guns). I think an apex sear in a 2.0 gun is the best feeling striker gun I have ever shot. Ymmv.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I have switched from Glock to M&P. For me, it was solely because of the grip. I have always had a love/hate with Glocks. They are great guns, but it's like they refused to improve their grips just to prove they didn't have to.

For me, the grip was always too thick and the damn hump on the lower part of the grip drove me crazy.

The M&P 2.0 is on every level as good as a Glock but the grip angle and circumference fits me far, far better.

I think they have actually unseated Glock as the best polymer pistol. The market is still full of Glock fans and loyalists, but for a someone not invested in either platform, I think the M&P is the better option.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Then again a Glock is just a tool for me (like pretty much all my firearms).

Aside from aftermarket sights, grip plug, and Talons, all I use is OEM add ons.

A (-) connector, extended slide stop, G17 smooth trigger.

Sight alignment, trigger press - wash, rinse, repeat.

Then again I despise change for changes sake, so unless something is remarkably better, I am better off sticking with G19s.

Waste less $$$ on holsters, magazines, ammo to test the guns, train with the guns, etc, etc.

YMMV - I did consider the 2.0 MP9C but in the end it's just another striker fired plastic fantastic.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:Waste less $$$ on holsters, magazines, ammo to test the guns, train with the guns, etc, etc.

That's kind of where I am. It needs to be a true upgrade, not a lateral move to invest in the transition.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I was carrying the M&P 9 compact for awhile. Apex’d and Trijiconed, it points naturally and is very good gun and easy to carry / conceal. I like it’s size compared to my Glock 19’s ( which I still own & will never part with). Although the M&P 2.0 has a following, I couldn’t get into them. New grip texture literally rubbed me the wrong way and the new compacts size was a departure from the original which I’ve become all to familiar with. Then I trijiconed my Glock 43 last year and have been edc’ing it exclusively. Variety is nice provided you practice prior to carry...Glocks are the baseline by which all pistols are measured and judged..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I haven't switched. But I do prefer the M&P9c (1.0) to the G26.

I'm going to be picking up a M&P 2.0 Compact in the near future as well, to see how it stacks up to my G19s.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I tried the M&P 2.0 and it was a nice pistol but not for me. My Gen 2 Glock 19 fits my hand and trigger reach fairly well while the M&P 2.0 did not and with the trigger breaking so far back I could not shoot it well compared to my Glock 19 and other of my compact pistols.

Be sure to try one and to see how it works for you before making a decision.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I switched to a Shield several years ago after waiting for Glock to fill that gap.
By the time they came out with the 43 I had carried the Shield for over a year and really like the size and how it shoots.
They seem equal in quality to me so my Glocks mostly stay in the safe.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks are without a doubt great guns. They do not however fit my hand well. The M&P's do. Especially in 45 the M&P's fit my hand far better and are easier to shoot. Someone with large hands might prefer the Glocks. Nice that we have both. :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
No M&P's here. I've owned 2 (first gen), and have shot the 2.0 Compact and I wasn't impressed.

I'll keep my Glocks.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an M&P 2.0 compact. I'm deep in Glock land right now, but if I'd shot the M&P 2.0 beforehand, I might stay there.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I'm too ingrained to change from Glock. But I do like how the compact 2.0 shoots, even if it isn't quite the 'natural' pointer for me.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Strangely, the non-ergonomic Glock grip feels better to me when actually shooting than the grips of guns that fit my hand better (PPQ, M&P and VP9). I do like the M&P 2.0 but won't likely ever give up the Glocks.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
Strangely, the non-ergonomic Glock grip feels better to me when actually shooting than the grips of guns that fit my hand better (PPQ, M&P and VP9).

Same here.

I shoot the compact and full size Glocks better than the other similar guns that "feel better" when held in my hands. The subcompacts like the G26 are the exception.

It's not all about "feel"/"comfort". The proof is in the shooting. That's why merely going to a gun store and fondling guns isn't a very reliable indicator on which one will work best for you. You actually need to try them out.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK

It's not all about "feel"/"comfort". The proof is in the shooting. That's why merely going to a gun store and fondling guns isn't a very reliable indicator on which one will work best for you. You actually need to try them out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The absolute truth.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Not me.

Me, neither. Nice gun, great grip, but, nothing earth shattering to make a switch.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post