SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking Of Going Back To .380 For Pocket Carry- Winner: Kahr CW380
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking Of Going Back To .380 For Pocket Carry- Winner: Kahr CW380 Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sk2159:
Try a Sig P232

For pocket carry? That’s even bigger than the Sog 938.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtenenbown:
You might take a look at the Micro Desert Eagle. Well made pocket pistol. Smaller than a lot of the other offerings.
a bit heavier but the weight helps to absorb recoil. It has been flawless with anything I've fed it, Lead Flat Tip in the Buffalo Bore, Hollow Points and Ball.

Haven’t been made in years and it was hit or miss if you were gonna get a mag release that worked

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:If I had to pick one of these two, I'd go with the S&W simply because of their warranty service, but, again, I had no problem with either gun.

Yeah between Remmycrap or S&W, I'd take S&W everyday for pretty much anything.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
I’ve got quite a few .380’s and .32’s.

One gun has pushed them all into the back of the safe. The Remington RM380.

For me, the perfect pocket gun. It’s a very flat, light 7 shot “revolver”. All metal.

I’ve been very impressed with it.

I'd like to speak with you offline about yours, could you send me an email (my email is in my profile), I'd send you one but you don't have one listed. Thanks!

This is the one based off the Rohrbaugh design, right?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If you are not sold on semi autos a good alternative would be a Ruger LCR in 38, or 357

I carried mine for quite a while, found it fit in the back pocket well, didn't rotate in my pocket as some of the small semi autos will do, easy to draw.

Otherwise G42 would be my choice, I just don't see the negative to the Glock firing system over any other semi auto without a manual safety.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I just don't see the negative to the Glock firing system over any other semi auto without a manual safety.

It's probably all in my head, but I find the Glock triggers to be pretty short compared to traditional hammer-fired DAO and that gives me pause about putting one in my pocket, chambered. Even in a good holster. With a DAO, your REALLY, REALLY need to pull that trigger before it fires.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeking a better POTUS, and doing it elsewhere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
OK, after checking out more reviews, I've narrowed this down to the final 2, they are VERY similar in all aspects; weight, fire controls, size and capacity:

1. S&W M&P Bodyguard 380

2. Remington RM380

Would anyone out there have by any chance owned or at least tried both of these?

I was originally going to say the RM380 before you narrowed it down to it. I carry it IWB with a Vedder lightuck and I can carry it under a tshirt no problem. All metal but light and shoots nicer than a bodyguard in my opinion. Before Remington bought the rights to it it was a $700 gun so a bargain now.

Posts: 34 | Registered: March 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt 127:
I’ve got quite a few .380’s and .32’s.

One gun has pushed them all into the back of the safe. The Remington RM380.

For me, the perfect pocket gun. It’s a very flat, light 7 shot “revolver”. All metal.

I’ve been very impressed with it.

I'd like to speak with you offline about yours, could you send me an email (my email is in my profile), I'd send you one but you don't have one listed. Thanks!

This is the one based off the Rohrbaugh design, right?

Yes Sir. It’s based on the Rorbaugh. Email sent.

Posts: 881 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, after checking out more reviews, I've narrowed this down to the final 2, they are VERY similar in all aspects; weight, fire controls, size and capacity:

1. S&W M&P Bodyguard 380

2. Remington RM380

Would anyone out there have by any chance owned or at least tried both of these?

I had a BG380 (with a laser and thumb safety) for about a year and a half and a RM380 for the last two and a half years. I had a pocket holster and a kydex IWB holster that I used for each gun.

With one exception, my choice of the RM380 over the BG380 was based on personal fit and preferences. I had no mechanical reliability problems with either model.

The BG380's grips seemed slightly slimmer and did not give me as positive a hold as the RM380. The three controls on the left side of the BG380 frame were too cluttered for my taste. I never could train to use the BG380's laser controls quickly and reliably; I would have bought the model without the laser and thumb safety if it had been available when I got my BG380.

Finally, I much prefer the RM380's open hammer design over the BG380's recessed hammer. I learned to shoot with revolvers and still -if possible- rest my thumb on the hammer when I holster a gun. The RM380 allows me to do that while the BG380 did not.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
If you are not sold on semi autos a good alternative would be a Ruger LCR in 38, or 357

An even better LCR is the .327 Federal Magnum version. It rides with me, every day.
It is an impressive caliber, and gives you 6 shots vs 5 for the .38/.357 models.

It is almost the perfect pocket carry gun, for me.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I like a revolver and 38+p for this.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've done a lot of comparison and examining of the loaded weights and widths of various similarly sized pocket .380's and the only one that comes close to my P-32 which I am very comfortable pocket carrying is the Kahr CW380

It comes out to a 13.5 oz loaded weight with 0.75 inch slide width and 5.5 lb trigger pull. My P-32 is 10.5 oz loaded with 0.75 in slide width and 5 lb trigger pull.

A lot of the others were a full pound or more loaded and 9-10 lb trigger pulls and wider slide widths. I don't think that is going to work for jean pockets.

Kahr it is!

posted Hide Post
quote:
I've done a lot of comparison and examining of the loaded weights and widths of various similarly sized pocket .380's and the only one that comes close to my P-32 which I am very comfortable pocket carrying is the Kahr CW380

It comes out to a 13.5 oz loaded weight with 0.75 inch slide width and 5.5 lb trigger pull. My P-32 is 10.5 oz loaded with 0.75 in slide width and 5 lb trigger pull.

A lot of the others were a full pound or more loaded and 9-10 lb trigger pulls and wider slide widths. I don't think that is going to work for jean pockets.

Kahr it is!

Kahr P-380 is my choice for pocket carry, too. Sportsman Warehouse had it on sale a few years ago, I believe at around $500 with three magazines and fancy barrel.

I sold off the LCP II last weekend.

The G42 I'll keep for now.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 42 and LCP 2 are both good for me

Posts: 551 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m on my second Kahr 380. Sold the first and regretted it. Have had the Kel-Tex and a couple LCPs. Shot a 238 also but I prefer the Kahr. For pocket carry I think it is the best all around.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because of the work place I choose to pocket carry. I picked the Sig 238. great little gun and as said with a good pocket holsters very safe. I liked it so much I upgraded to the Sig 938. Not much larger and now I carry a 9mm instead of a .380 in the same holster.

Posts: 156 | Registered: January 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
Considering this is a Sig forum there is not a lot of love for the P232.

Sig P232 .380 is a fantastic little pistol. Reliable, great grip ergonomics, easy point and shoot ergonomics, good sight picture, accurate, flat/thin for concealed holstering, did I mention RELIABLE (most .380 pistols aren't).

I have extensively carried Seecamp .380's, Sig P232 and customized colt pony pistols. Those are the only .380's that I have never experienced a malfunction with.

Sig is the largest of the 3 but it is the easiest to shoot and most confident inspiring of all the .380's I have tried.

My P232 is a lightweight frame, black finish with a white night sight up front and a plain black rear sight. I can draw and put rounds on target with ease even if the situation is dark, drunk and moving.

P232 is my choice.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson:

I used to own a P232 and thought it was great except for the slide bite.

It's not a pocket pistol however.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I've always thought of the P232 as big for a .380. This post made me check. Compared to the P365, the P232 is bigger in every dimension, and if not heavier, basically the same weight. As PASig said, it's not a pocket gun.

quote:

Sig P232 .380 is a fantastic little pistol. Reliable, great grip ergonomics, easy point and shoot ergonomics, good sight picture, accurate, flat/thin for concealed holstering, did I mention RELIABLE (most .380 pistols aren't).

I have extensively carried Seecamp .380's, Sig P232 and customized colt pony pistols. Those are the only .380's that I have never experienced a malfunction with.

Sig is the largest of the 3 but it is the easiest to shoot and most confident inspiring of all the .380's I have tried.

My P232 is a lightweight frame, black finish with a white night sight up front and a plain black rear sight. I can draw and put rounds on target with ease even if the situation is dark, drunk and moving.

P232 is my choice.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
He is right. I used to carry Seecamp or Pony in the pocket, J-Frame or Sig P232 were mostly in a concealment holster. Though I have previously carried them in cargo shorts pockets...but not an option for most clothing.
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I've always thought of the P232 as big for a .380. This post made me check. Compared to the P365, the P232 is bigger in every dimension, and if not heavier, basically the same weight. As PASig said, it's not a pocket gun.

quote:

P232 is my choice.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post