SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking Of Going Back To .380 For Pocket Carry- Winner: Kahr CW380
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking Of Going Back To .380 For Pocket Carry- Winner: Kahr CW380 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Been tempted to try a 365 but still happy with my 238

Posts: 234 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

If you want even smaller and lighter Kel-Tec has the P32 at 6 oz dry.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/pistols/p-32

The P-32 is actually what I'm moving up from, I covered that in my OP.

Posts: 24419 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Update:

I narrowed it down finally to the Ruger LCP II and the Kahr CW380

I handled both and really liked both...BUT...just could not get comfortable with the shorter, single-action trigger of that LCP II as a chambered pocket carry pistol. The Kahr has a buttery smooth and longer DAO trigger which ultimately sold it for me, plus real replaceable sights.

My LGS has a CW380 on order now for me.

Posts: 24419 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't care for a 380 and I went for the original Rohrbaugh R9s Stealth in 9 mm. It looks just like the Remington RM380 It's a great pocket pistol. Does it hurt to shoot? Damn right. Is it expensive? Damn right. Is it light weight and easy to conceal? Damn right. Do you want to go to war with it? Hell no. But neither do you want to with a 380.

Posts: 965 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
I don't care for a 380 and I went for the original Rohrbaugh R9s Stealth in 9 mm. It looks just like the Remington RM380 It's a great pocket pistol. Does it hurt to shoot? Damn right. Is it expensive? Damn right. Is it light weight and easy to conceal? Damn right. Do you want to go to war with it? Hell no. But neither do you want to with a 380.

If it hurts to shoot, then you aren't practicing much and I'd rather be sending .380 toward a bad guy that I shoot well than 9mm that I don't.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I really liked my Kahr CW380, but I could never get it to run right. If yours runs, it’s a great little .380 imo.

E.S. Dunbar

Posts: 6821 | Location: Toledo, Ohio | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CW380 is a solid choice, that's what is in my front pocket right now.

Posts: 1348 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First I will admit to not reading all the posts. Second to comply with all forum traditions and skip what the poster was originally talking about and go to something else. I rarely pocket carry but when I do the slight size difference to have the Kahr PM9 to me is great. A better and cheaper cartridge. More choices. The Kahr is a very accurate handgun with a nice smooth trigger that is not too light for pocket carry. Lastly very nice to shoot. I originally sold a J Frame and replaced it with the Kahr because practice with the J Frame was not much fun.

Why are we encouraged not to judge all Muslims by the lunatics BUT are encouraged to judge all gun owners by the very few lunatics? Ironic?

Posts: 1469 | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Picked up my new CW380 this past Friday and wow is that SOB a tight little thing.

I can barely rack the slide on this pistol, no wonder Kahr advises people to use the slide release only to charge a round.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

...no wonder Kahr advises people to use the slide release only to charge a round.

Same for my CM9. For that Kahr also recommends a 200-rd break in period.

Posts: 13624 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post