SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any Security Six fans???
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Security Six fans??? Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
The Ruger Six Series have always been my favorite 357 revolvers. Beefier than a K-Frame, but not as big as a GP100 or L-Frame.

One of my grail guns is a Speed Six in 9mm.

Here's a few of the ones I've owned over the years. Let's see yours.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
They are great guns, but I prefer my GP 100's in .357

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I don't have pictures of mine but they're my favorite too.
Found a NIB Police Service Six 2 inch, back in 2008. And this last year got a almost new Security Six 4 inch. Both have the boxes and everything,

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes- one of the first 'real guns' I learned to shoot on. Just like the second pic but with wood grips.

My Dad had a .357 4" that I trained on shooting .38s through.

He gave it to my younger sister to use as a HD gun.

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the Rugers I have a 4 in stainless S/S 357 and also a NYCPD spur less hammer stainless 38 , and a new in box Ruger Speed Six Govt model 38 with lanyard , box and gov manual . I think they are great guns .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
Wish I still had mine.

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I much prefer them to the too-beefy GP-100. I actually prefer the Service-Six and Speed-Six to the Security-Six.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do like the security six; I just bought another, 2" bbl.

I got a great deal on a 4" last year. It was on a rack of recent trade-in's at a shop, when I enquired. It looked like a basket case, busted grip, finish looked terrible. When I examined it, it seemed perfect, though someone had tried to remove the bluing and there was light surface corrosion. None in the barrel. It had been magnaported, and appeared to be in great shape, other than the finish. I asked the price; 175, call it a "gunsmith special." Hard to beat. It's a pre-151 series, so the only real drawback is finding grips to fit.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
What are these gun selling for these days?

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Mine was given to my son who lives out of state, so I can't provide a picture of it. Bought it new for $180 back in 1978. It was blue with a six inch barrel and it served me well for many years. I've seen a few lately priced around $300-$500, depending on condition.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
What ever you do don't ever lose the front sight. I own one and was looking for a front sight that would give me better visibility.
I could not even find a standard factory or aftermarket one let alone one that would give me better visibility.
Other than that I love mine. I did buy a GP100 so I could a better front sight.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Security Six 6" blue and a stainless 4". I would never get rid of them. They are my favorite revolvers. I also have a GP100 that I like a lot, but there is something special about a Security Six. It is built like a tank and is a nice size. I learned to shoot with my 6".

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, the first weapon I ever bought (well mom bought for me, was under age at the time) back in 1980 I bought a security six in 357 mag and still have it today. Six inch barrel that can drive a nail at 25 yards! Will always love my first wheel gun and NEVER part with it. Just wish the cowboy holster I bought still fit around the waist Frown lol
Brand NIB $199

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I've got a 1976 4" Blued version. It is always a hit at the range, especially with new shooters and .38's.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 4" SS like OP's second picture; my rubber grips are slightly different though. Very accurate and fun to shoot.

Posts: 491 | Location: Middle Alabama | Registered: February 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Had one in .38, got stolen by a low life. Hope he is enjoying it. Think I know who got but just couldn't prove it. HATE a thief!!!

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
here's the photo I posted a couple months ago.

Top left.

I've since changed the grips over to Sile target grips...to protect the original wood grips, and to offer something more hand-filling

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I have two, 6" & a 4". They are great guns, usually the price is reasonable.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan. Here are my Sixes... Security, Police Service and Speed (Left to Right).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn.... I miss my Security Six. And want a Speed Six.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post