SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Navy Versions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Navy Versions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Then of course Modern Day Savage had to mention NSW issued P239's, now I suppose I have to try to find one of those Big Grin

I wondered about that as on NCIS Very Special Agent Bishop carries a P239, while McGee, DiNozzo, Ziva and Kate all carried well worn looking P228's/M11's.
Torres usually sports a HK P2000, and while Gibbs used to carry a M11, he's been carrying a 1911 of some kind but always points it with the hammer down.

Posts: 209 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Originally posted by bpd13:
Thank you Modern Day Savage for the info, very helpful!

Sounds like the non-rail, non NSW s/n might be the hardest to find.

Thanks,

Kurt

You're very welcome. I would say that one of the contact over run E26-9-Navy examples would probably be the most difficult to find, or identify for that matter. I haven't tried to chase down an OHT variant so who knows...maybe that or one of the commercial special limited releases would be even more difficult to find.

Incidentally, your post specified the P226 "Navy", but for collectors who wanted to expand their definition of "Navy", there are other SIG models that have been ordered with "Navy" oriented markings.

And this doesn't include the P239s that were issued out of NSW armories.

I’m not sure if mine is a contract over run or not, but it was after the NSW’s and is a non rail with normal U serial number. Has the phosphated controls and all. Came with a certificate of authenticity (I assume based on your posts one of them sent by mistake). Will try and find a pic of it.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the original runs of the NSW non-railed run in March 2005 for $760 in Fremont, California. I didn't realize that only 2000 were made. Based on my serial #, looks like I was less than 30 from the end of the run. (I wasn't specifically searching for a Navy version, just wanted a P226 and this is what I got.)

I carried the gun for a decade as a Reserve Police Officer, and it is well loved and and used (but clean) with many rounds through it. Probably my favorite Sig pistol, and it's a tack driver. Now that I'm in Texas, it sits in my closet.

I just pulled it out and it's marked 'Sigarms, Inc. Exeter-NH-USA" on the slide, and "Frame Made in Germany". I just realized why the trigger is so sweet when I saw the receipt for the GrayGuns Action Cleanup Package that I had done to the gun :-)

It also came with a Certificate of Authenticity in the box:
"SIGARMS, Inc. of Exeter, New Hampshire, hereby does declare and certify that this limited edition pistol is an exact and authentic recreation in design, material, manufacture, operation, and markings to the genuine 9x19mm SIG P226-NAVY pistol produced by our company to the strict specifications of the United States Naval Special Warfare Command and issued to Naval Special Warfare units such as United States Navy SEALs and other Special Operations Forces since 1986.
Model Number P226-9-NAVY
Serial Number NSW XXXX"

Posts: 29 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just dug mine out of the safe. #4 above: German frame, rounded Sig rail, U serial number, manufactured June 2009.

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Found mine as well. U6XX XXX. I’d assume 2004-2005 ish right after the NSW ones though I have to call Sig to find out when it was made. Hard to tell that the controls are phosphated in the pic though they are definitely coated as they are darker and less slick to touch vs the standard coated controls.

free photo host

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Mine looks just like the one posted by LincolnSix. It was the batch that came shortly after the NSW ones.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for all the input. I just added a non-rail German frame E26-9-NAVY S/N 682xxx, updated my original post with some more details. I have seen some U665xxx range pistols recently. Both grip panes on this one are dated 5/03, while one of he panels on my NSW is 5/03, the other is 8/03.

Posts: 209 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My own MK 25 is in 9X19 and is a winner in all regards except one. Just wish it were chambered in .38 Super

Posts: 2424 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
It should bw remembered, there was a good premise behind the original guns. Some of the proceeds were supposed to go to military charities. NSW's were initially marketed as the same as what was issued to the teams. So the first 2000 NSW guns were supposed to be an exclusive/limited run. As some probably recall, NSW0001 was auctioned off on Laura Ingraham's radio show for $25K. SIG inadvertently let NSW0002 out into the market and one of the members here has it. Wink

Then the profitability of the 'Navy' concept became apparent and they started to subsequent non-NSW Navy pistols, much to the chagrin of those who bought the 'original' NSW Navy's.

$.02 worth.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Weshowe:
My own MK 25 is in 9X19 and is a winner in all regards except one. Just wish it were chambered in .38 Super

+1 on the 38 super, love that round! I have 2 P220's in 38 super along with a EAA Match and a Para Hi Cap built on a old Para Frame Kit, along with a 30's vintage Colt Government Model that went to the Burlington, VT PD.