SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Navy Versions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Navy Versions Login/Join 
posted
My father was in the Navy late in WW2 (He helped successfully defend the Great Lakes Naval Air Station from Japanese invasion!) so some of my collecting areas focus on Navy related items, in the case of Sig's it's P226 Navy versions.

I've done some searching and I'm trying to get a definitive list of all the available "Navy" models.

This is what I think is out there:

1. Pre or Post (Not sure which came first) NSW non railed. Just got one, U682xxx E-29-NAVY P-2269 B,3MAGS LE 15RD phosphated controls blued barrel. German frame Grip panels both dated 5/03. Came with C.O.A.

2. NSW s/n limited edition Have one, NSW 04xx

3. P226 Navy with rounded Sig rail

4. P226 NSWG rounded Sig rail German frame U s/n

5. P226 NSWG rounded Sig US frame UU S/n Have one

6. MK25 Have one.

Am I close on this?

Thanks for the input!

Happy Holidays!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bpd13,

Posts: 209 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
Sorry I am not an expert on this topic. Still, as a member of a Navy family, raised by a Navy man who saw duty in hostile waters during wartime... I would love to have any of them.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Between your #1 & #2 ~ would you consider the P226 Combat as a Navy version?

Granted, the first pistols NSW used were plain folded slide P226. The Teams played around with NP3 on their weapons for a while.

Then Sig put out the P226 Combat with the internals treated for increased Salt exposure protection.

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bpd13:
My father was in the Navy late in WW2 (He helped successfully defend the Great Lakes Naval Air Station from Japanese invasion!) so some of my collecting areas focus on Navy related items, in the case of Sig's it's P226 Navy versions.

I've done some searching and I'm trying to get a definitive list of all the available "Navy" models.

This is what I think is out there:

1. Pre NSW non railed.

2. NSW s/n limited edition Have one

3. P226 Navy with rounded Sig rail

4. P226 NSWG rounded Sig rail German frame U s/n

5. P226 NSWG rounded Sig US frame UU S/n Have one

6. MK25 Have one.

Am I close on this?

Thanks for the input!

Happy Holidays!

I've owned a number of SIG P226 "Navys" and sold one to a forum member who was a WW II Navy vet...long shot but, by any chance, is your father a forum member?

As I've typed up info for similar posts in the past, please excuse the cut and paste. Not knowing how much info you're looking for I've trimmed down some of the details.

The original SIG P226 Navy NSW model (P226-9-Navy) was released in 2004 as a limited run of 2000 no-rail guns.

After the original SIG P226-9-NAVY "NSW" model, the "Navy" model was added to the SIGARMS catalog and, over the years, have included various SIG Navy models that have changed in configurations and designators to include:

E26-9-NAVY (with a corresponding release of the contract over-runs). SOME of these were inadvertently released from SIGARMS with the original C.O.A.

E26R-9-NAVY (SIG proprietary accessory rail)

E26R-9-NSWG (SIG proprietary accessory rail)

E26R-9-NSWC (SIG proprietary accessory rail)

SIG MK 25 (1913 mil-spec picatinny rail)

SIG MK 25 OHT (1913 mil-spec picatinny rail)

Depending on how finely you want to split the hairs there have also been a number of special limited commercial releases, including the Trident.

The SIG "Navy" has, along with other SIG platforms & models, gone through a series of changes including rail, non-rail, phosphated internals- to non-phosphated internals- and back to phosphated internals, along with sight changes, mag changes, and even slide milling changes.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

Between your #1 & #2 ~ would you consider the P226 Combat as a Navy version?

Granted, the first pistols NSW used were plain folded slide P226. The Teams played around with NP3 on their weapons for a while.

Then Sig put out the P226 Combat with the internals treated for increased Salt exposure protection.

I wouldn't consider the "Combat" models as part of the "Navy" lineage, although they both do share the internal corrosion protection. The P220 Combat was initially designed as a submission for the D.O.D. government contract, and only released for civilian commercial sale after they lost the competition.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Modern Day Savage for the info, very helpful!

Sounds like the non-rail, non NSW s/n might be the hardest to find.

Thanks,

Kurt

Posts: 209 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks,

Kurt

I had one of those that I sold to Modern Day Savage when I was thinning the herd before my second kid was born.

I'd call him the SIG Navy expert Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks,

Kurt

You're very welcome. I would say that one of the contact over run E26-9-Navy examples would probably be the most difficult to find, or identify for that matter. I haven't tried to chase down an OHT variant so who knows...maybe that or one of the commercial special limited releases would be even more difficult to find.

Incidentally, your post specified the P226 "Navy", but for collectors who wanted to expand their definition of "Navy", there are other SIG models that have been ordered with "Navy" oriented markings.

And this doesn't include the P239s that were issued out of NSW armories.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I had one of those that I sold to Modern Day Savage when I was thinning the herd before my second kid was born.

I appreciate that, but truth be told I don't consider myself an expert on anything but eating and breathing. Wink

I truly enjoyed that P226 Navy that you were kind enough to sell me, both for the fine example it was as well as how well you treated me in our dealing...but tough times hit and I was forced to sell it. I hope the new owner cares for it as well as you did.

I get to follow your posts sometimes in the Lounge. Hope you and your family are well, that you had a wonderful Christmas or holiday, and Happy New Years!

You and your team stay safe this holiday season and thanks for what you do!

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There was a NOS MK25 OHT on GB recently for a pretty affordable price, imo. Didn't grab it because I wasn't really into the thing. And, it was on for some time, too.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
What values are the various Navy models at nowadays? Just wondering if the collections are more out of having a complete collection, or are they worth more money depending on the specific version?

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
There was a NOS MK25 OHT on GB recently for a pretty affordable price, imo. Didn't grab it because I wasn't really into the thing. And, it was on for some time, too.

I don't get on GB as often as I'd like and a little out of touch on availability and market pricing on some guns, so info like this is helpful. Thanks Q...and Happy New Year's!

posted Hide Post
Is it true that the Navy called the non-rail P226 the "MK24"?

Posts: 300 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
Is it true that the Navy called the non-rail P226 the "MK24"?

Years ago I read one source that claimed MK 24 was the designator for it but I've never been able to confirm this.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I don't get on GB as often as I'd like and a little out of touch on availability and market pricing on some guns, so info like this is helpful. Thanks Q...and Happy New Year's!

Happy New Year to you, too, R.
There's another NIB example of the OHT currently on GB. I suppose a collector of various examples of these Navy P226s would like to have it.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

I appreciate that, but truth be told I don't consider myself an expert on anything but eating and breathing. Wink

I truly enjoyed that P226 Navy that you were kind enough to sell me, both for the fine example it was as well as how well you treated me in our dealing...but tough times hit and I was forced to sell it. I hope the new owner cares for it as well as you did.

I get to follow your posts sometimes in the Lounge. Hope you and your family are well, that you had a wonderful Christmas or holiday, and Happy New Years!

You and your team stay safe this holiday season and thanks for what you do!

I recall that the FFL that I used to mail it took something like 2 weeks to ship it. I forget their reason, but I was quite embarrassed. It was you who treated me well with your understanding!

Appreciate the kinds words. First Christmas off for at least 5 years! Made some good memories this year!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read were the 226 Navy with the rounded Sig rail s from around 06 maybe MK24 guns???

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I read were the 226 Navy with the rounded Sig rail s from around 06 maybe MK24 guns???
I don’t know for sure. The only time I ever saw the MK24 name used was in reference to a non-rail P226. I always wondered if those were actually called that in the Navy or if the MK24 name was completely made up by SIG enthusiasts to better keep track of the Navy versions of the P226. But I have never seen the rail P226 go by any name other than MK25 in a Navy context.

Posts: 300 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:

I bought an early 2006 Sig P226 'Navy', had the E serial number, with the gold Navy anchor, phosphated internals, Sig Rail. Sold it a year ago for a lot more than I paid as this was my last Sig P model as I was finished transitioning from DA/SA to Single Action. The slide ran like it was on ball bearings it was that smooth and the fit and finish were superb. Standard sights and the pistol had Exeter frame with W. German slide, if my memory serves me well. It was a very nice pistol. This was before the MK25 guns were released. The pistol came with three mags. I paid a little over $600. Excellent value at the time!

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen references to the earlier Sig's being Mk 24's but I don't think that's correct as the HK45c Tactical is officially the Mk24 Mod 0.

I think the NSW s/n numbers bring a little more but generally not a huge premium.