SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Contemplating going Red Dot on a pistol
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contemplating going Red Dot on a pistol Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
^^^
Happened to me a couple of years ago shooting a DPP into the sun. Multiple dots, and a couple of hits on no-shoot...
I've been told that Romeo3 Max performs the best in such conditions but it appears to be less durable than even SRO.
In matches people have taped their lenses when shooting stages facing into the sun.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Do you mean completely occluding it?
Using the Bindon aiming Concept?

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Correct.
I've worked it out both in live and dry fire and it performed quite well. I was actually surprised that I didn't give up as much as I had expected. Haven't had to do it in a match yet but will do if I had to. Beats the alternative of plugging the no-shoots and hard cover.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I've shipped out my slides and my RMR/RMRCC today. Settled on Chris at Fabricated Arms for the mill work and install. Now the wait begins.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Contemplating going Red Dot on a pistol

Why did I think this thread was going to be about working up some new reloads with a different type of Alliant Powder?

I'm getting old.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
I'm 59 now and need reading glasses.

I have to qualify annually out to 25 yards, with timed turning targets.

I have a Holosun 507 going on my P220. I like the reticle option of that better than only the red dot.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post