SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Kahr Quick Sear Sample
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kahr Quick Sear Sample Login/Join 
posted
This is going to be an awesome setup for the Kahr series of pistols. Next we design the trigger to go with the sear.

Posts: 134 | Registered: August 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Wow, literally just saved my Kahr from hitting the road.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but too late to save my Kahr CM9.

Nowadays, the Sig P365 is identical in size, with a better trigger, better sights, and nearly double the capacity, all straight out of the box. (With up to 15 round spare magazines too.)

Even if the Kahr's trigger and sights are improved through buying and installing additional aftermarket parts, the capacity still lags.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I'm interested!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I’ll interested. Even though I shoot the little gun like a revolver I’d like the break farther forward. On a pistol that’s so small having the break point almost against the frame feels a little strange especially if you have large hands. Very interesting product I’ll probably get one to try.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
What is that machine called he's test firing into?

I assume all gunsmiths like Galloway have them?

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
What is that machine called he's test firing into?

I assume all gunsmiths like Galloway have them?

It's a bullet trap. It allows you to safely fire live ammo inside, to function check weapons that you're working on. Many gunsmiths will have them, especially if they don't have easy access to a firing range adjacent to their shop.

The mechanical noise you heard engaged during the firing portion of the video is the ventilation system for the trap. Different types of traps use different systems, but basically they either filter or externally exhaust the powder and lead residue produced inside of the trap during firing, and prevent it from leaking back out into the shop air. The goal is to prevent the smith and his customers from being exposed to excess amounts of contaminants concentrated within the shop, and to prevent the shop's HVAC system from having to try to deal with these extra particles.

https://www.savagerangesystems.com/content?p=traps

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tarheelbball
posted Hide Post
I'm interested in getting a sear for my Kahr. Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tarheelbball,

Posts: 514 | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tarheelbball:
I'm interested in getting one

Two thousand bucks, and it's yours.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Got our stainless bar stock in and we'll be cranking out triggers to go with the sears very shortly.

posted Hide Post
Will this do the Kahr P40 and K40? If so, I have use for a few sets.

posted Hide Post
Nice! I would love this for my K9.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now if someone can just fine a way for them to stop firing out of battery, failing to return to battery, peening the barrel hood and slide, and having some feed issues, it will be great.

posted Hide Post
I like my CW380 better than my BG380, it's lighter, thinner, and I can shoot it more accurately. Shortening the trigger-pull, and reset would only make it better.

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
GP, I am very interested in your work. It looks to solve the one Achilles heal of the Kahr, the long trigger pull. I believe Justin Moon designed it for safety, but it really is unnecessary in my opinion.

I know you may not have the answers to all of these questions at this time, but here goes.

Will this product work on the MK series(9,40)?

What kind of pricing do you foresee at this time? Even a guess would be fine.

Will this sear work with the old trigger?

Will your new trigger be polymer, like in your video?

Roughly, when do you believe this product will be available? This year?

What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

OK, maybe you can ignore that last one.

Thank you for your work on solving the only thing most of us don't like about this firearm.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
GP, I am very interested in your work. It looks to solve the one Achilles heal of the Kahr, the long trigger pull. I believe Justin Moon designed it for safety, but it really is unnecessary in my opinion.

I know you may not have the answers to all of these questions at this time, but here goes.

Thank you for your work on solving the only thing most of us don't like about this firearm.

H&K-Guy

I would think that just replacing the sear, would result in way too much over travel, at least for me

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RH45:
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

H&K-Guy

I would think that just replacing the sear, would result in way too much over travel, at least for me

Yeah, I agree. But GP's video explains there will be an over travel adjustment screw in the new trigger. I use the same mechanism for my 1911s. It seems to work on them.

I don't know, I guess we'll have to see.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Different strokes I suppose.

I absolutely loved the trigger on my MK9.
But I'm a double action revolver guy, so I get why most people probably can't get the most out of them.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Now if someone can just fine a way for them to stop firing out of battery, failing to return to battery, peening the barrel hood and slide, and having some feed issues, it will be great.

LMAO. Was thinking the same thing. Dont know why Kahr went with the flimsy front rails instead of real frame rails like every other pistol.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post