SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pocket Pistol Suggestions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket Pistol Suggestions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Revolvers are nice. The S&W lightweight and airweight are great lil pocket pistols, but you're limited to 5 rounds.

I like my 340PD, but nowadays I seem to only carry it as a backup in my jacket pocket. It's a super light gun and excellent for shorts/sweatpants. Again, the downside is 5 rounds. Sure, there's speed loaders and stripper clips.

I'm finding that I'm using my Ruger LCP a lot more in the summer. 7 rounds of .380, light and thin. If I'm worried about round count, I'll grab an extra magazine. A great lil pocket pistol. Downside- it's a .380

I'm pretty sure my next pistol purchase is going to be the Glock 43 or 43X. It's a 9mm, so there's a little more to the round in terms of stopping power. It's thin and light, not as light as other pocket pistols, but you're now in that "sweet spot" where you're trading number of rounds, caliber, weight and thickness.

Then there's the Sig Sauers. My friends LOVE the P365! 10+1 of 9mm in that little package. Haven't shot one yet, but everyone I talk to seems to really rely on them in a jam.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

...I'm finding that I'm using my Ruger LCP a lot more in the summer. 7 rounds of .380...

For those considering an LCP the std mag carries 6, Ruger makes a 7rd mag that works great in my LCP I.

For the I:

http://shopruger.com/LCP-7-Rou...e/productinfo/90405/

The II:

http://shopruger.com/LCP-II-7-...e/productinfo/90626/

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
The reason for pocket pistol is due to what I wear when walking the dog, sweatpants or shorts, within a few hundred yards of home.

Not to jump off track here but I often wear a Smartcarry, it works great under sweats or shorts. And it may even work for a gun you already have.
https://www.smartcarry.com/
I've had one for years w/ hundreds of hours of use and while it's getting worn, it still works great w/ my P239 .40 .

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a j frame S&W if my pockets allow. If not, I go to a Ruger LCP. I prefer the regualar LCP trigger over the LCP II for pocket carry.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Taurus 856 Hamnerless

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
The reason for pocket pistol is due to what I wear when walking the dog, sweatpants or shorts, within a few hundred yards of home.

Not to jump off track here but I often wear a Smartcarry, it works great under sweats or shorts. And it may even work for a gun you already have.
https://www.smartcarry.com/
I've had one for years w/ hundreds of hours of use and while it's getting worn, it still works great w/ my P239 .40 .

If that smartcarry is worn inside your shorts or pants, how do you access the gun ? If my belt is loose enough for me to reach beneath it, my pants are going to be on my hips in no time.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P938 6+1 (or 7+1) of 9mm with a spare mag in my support side pocket. To me the P938 shoots easy more like a much bigger gun. It also has night sights and a much better trigger than any factory revolver or most striker pistols. It can also handle 124 gr +p Federal HST. What's not to like?

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I bought a .32 ACP SeeCamp from a member here.

Very easy to conceal, very well made, but a nasty little S.O.B. to shoot.

One magazine for function check every once in a while, is more than enough for me.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
327 Federal seems to be a great cartridge from lightweight revolvers. taking another look. I think I want a few more rounds though.

Two speed strips in my opposite pocket = 18 rounds on me, to run to the store.

it will be unlikely that I can reload quickly. I'll have a leash and flashlight in my Left hand.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
if you want a .25 find a Beretta 950
had one for years, lovely little pistol

I now go between a Seecamp LWS-32 or a Smith model 40 (J frame)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
My smallest carry is either my Seecamp or Beretta Tomcat. Even though a bit larger I find myself carrying the Tomcat more than the seecamp - with wood grips I like the grip and can actually shoot it quite well. Conceals well in jeans with a holster.

I load with with Underwood penetrator .32 which it has been very reliable. Seecamp is ammo picky (OAL). Roughly .380 ballistics if you believe the press on the round.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
Take a serious look at the Beretta Tomcat 3032. 7+1 rounds, tip up barrel, DA/SA & you can get some good .32 defensive loads. (Lehigh & Underwood). Carries easily in a sweat pocket or shorts.

I have been intrigued by the 3032.

I used to own one, gave it up, and WISHED I could get it back. The are unbelievable pocket or IWB guns.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14005 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I really like my LCP but my Remington RM380 is one of my favorites especially with Galloway precision upgrades!

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I've been pocket-carrying my Kahr PM9 for about ten years now.
I'm happy with its size, weight and reliability.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duke of Detroit
posted Hide Post
I carry the S&W 340 PD. Fits real nice in all my pants. No shell casings to leave, and it packs a wallop! Wink

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas

Posts: 1047 | Location: Detroit, MICHIGAN | Registered: May 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Ruger LCP...don’t leave home without it Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Ruger LCP...don’t leave home without it Smile

^^^THIS. Been that way every day for 10+ years.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot my shooting buddy's LC9s the other day.
Shot a very nice group at 55 feet.
The trigger was very decent.

For a pocket pistol I would definitely consider this one.

ETA:
It was not "snappy" IMHO.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I use a Taurus 85UL or a SW model60.....but the Smith is stainless and is heavy..so mostly it’s the Taurus

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vote goes to the Seecamp. Top quality all stainless steel 32 auto that disappears in a DeSantis pocket holster. I carry one every day.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post