SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pocket Pistol Suggestions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pocket Pistol Suggestions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
For a true POCKET CARRY pistol, hard to beat an LCP.
I first had a S&W 642, but sold it after the LCP came out.

Pretty much mirrors my pocket carry journey, except I went from a .38 SPL LCR to a .380 ACP LCP-CT.

I really liked the LCR, but it just wasn't all that convenient for pocket carry. Perhaps because I prefer to wear clothes a bit closer-fitting than many here, I often found the LCR either printed too much, was too heavy in the pocket, of simply would not fit in any available pocket. The LCP solved all of that.

The only time I've found even the LCP to be too much has been, as I mentioned earlier, in very light weight or stretchy shorts or athletic pants. Then, like PASig noted: Even that little LCP feels like I'm carrying a brick in my pocket.

This is how it rides in the IWB holster I bought to solve the above problem:

It's very comfortable. I've worn it that way doing yard work in hot weather for hours. Doesn't print appreciably, even in UA tees that aren't particularly blousy.

May I ask where you bought that holster?

I missed BennerP220's follow-up question, so he emailed me. For the benefit of any others that may be curious, now or in the future, here was my answer to him:
quote:

PJ Holster: PJ Holster

He does really nice work, affordable, and fast turn-around times, too.

He also makes unique holsters made entirely from a single piece of folded Kydex. I'm using one such holster from him for the IWB for my Walther PPS M2. For those holsters he'll optionally stiffen the clip with a bit of glued-on additional Kydex on the inside of the clip. Very light, super comfortable, easy to put on and take off, and very secure.

I went with the UtiliClip on the LCP holster, upon his recommendation, because I carry with that belt-less.

That looks like a PJ IWB holster with the ulti clip. I wonder how large a pistol that will hold? Surely enough for a pocket pistol.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 373 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
That looks like a PJ IWB holster with the ulti clip.

That would be because it is, as I noted in the follow-up to BennerP220, in the post you quoted.

quote:
Originally posted by whisky22:
I wonder how large a pistol that will hold? Surely enough for a pocket pistol.

Works fine for my LCP. Anything much heavier than that would start to drag belt-less shorts down, I should think. I don't think I'd try it with my Walther PPS M2, for example.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25980 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without Peer...Rohrbaugh R9

The overall dimensions are similar to a plastic 380:

And much smaller and more svelte than the Kahr PM9:

Posts: 305 | Location: PA | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
^
And since Remington bought the company, it's be down rounded to .380, which defeated the whole purpose of the design.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 42. I shoot it better than the smaller semi-autos like the LCP.

Posts: 97 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just did some practice with my LCP II yesterday
Super fast 21 foot mag dumps in a 2” group, slowing down a 3x5 card at 50 feet easily hit 100% of the time. I find I shoot it just as well as the larger Glock 42, and don’t find recoil objectionable, and am a bit of a recoil sissy.
Had I obtained the Ruger prior to the Glock I would not have bothered with the Glock ( which was obtained as a prize at a shooting match)

Posts: 3261 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Just did some practice with my LCP II yesterday
Super fast 21 foot mag dumps in a 2” group, slowing down a 3x5 card at 50 feet easily hit 100% of the time. I find I shoot it just as well as the larger Glock 42, and don’t find recoil objectionable, and am a bit of a recoil sissy.
Had I obtained the Ruger prior to the Glock I would not have bothered with the Glock ( which was obtained as a prize at a shooting match)

I have one also, I find it's a really fast shooting little pistol. Which is what you have to do in the smaller calibers, as many rounds, as fast as you can.

I would have never considered the original LCP, but I heard the LCPII calling me.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger LCR, mine is in 22 WMR but you can get one in 38 Spl, 357 Mag., 22LR, 9mm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post