SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43x short range report w/ pictures
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43x short range report w/ pictures Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Thanks,

Is the last line by way of saying it works in standard 43 holsters?

Do you ever carry the 19? I'm trying to gauge if / how much easier it is to carry than the 19.

quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Rock,

Do you own a 19? If so, how would you compare how it shoots to the 19.

Also, have you tried carrying it? If so, is it any easier to carry than the 19? And is it any harder to carry than the original 43?

I do. Gen 5 MOS. It’s a bit snappier as the slide weight is much less than the 19, but nothing that couldn’t be controlled. I didn’t run any +p today, but the M.E.N. is some warm stuff and it handled it well.

It’s obviously going to carry different than the 43 with a flush mag, but about the same as a 43 with a plus 2. I don’t have leather for it yet, but in my TT Leather MKS, it disappears.

According to Tim with TT Gunleather, he advised that the 1mm addition width won’t affect his holsters.

I carry my 19 almost everyday unless it’s a road trip and I switch to my M11-A1. The butt length will be the same to conceal as the 19, but much thinner. My 19 disappears in slacks and a polo IwB carry in an MKS from TT. There is a big noticeable difference in overall weight and it being thinner will help.

I think of it like this. The 43x is basically like carrying a 43 with a plus 2. When I carried that, it was much easier to conceal and felt more comfortable than my 19.

Hope that helps some. I have a TT MKS on the way. Should be here in a week or so. I’ll be carrying the 43x as soon and it shows and will know more for sure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rockchalk06,

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike-4:
Good review, great pics. I too, was skeptical about any advantage it would give me over my P365 and already have a G43. But being a Glock fan, your review pushed me over the edge. My wallet hates you Smile

My pleasure lol

Thanks a lot.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the review! Please keep us posted.

Posts: 25 | Location: The Hollar  | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the MKS? Is it the Mike's Special?

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Would have been a home run if it held 13 rounds.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Good stuff. Thanks for the review and handsome photos.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blaque Jacque Shellaque:
What is the MKS? Is it the Mike's Special?

Yes sir.

posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on mine but got to handle one today and I really like it.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its funny how again it's a gun that nobody wanted or whatever and its flying off the shelves and out of stock everywhere lol.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Is that firing pin drag? Better sell it! Big Grin

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:

I saw that and wondered how long it would take for someone to respond , why no complaints yet ?

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These pictures are fantastic. Makes me never want to post stupid iPhone pics here ever again.

I was all set to buy a G48. Your review is making me rethink it! Justin Opinion on YouTube tested both the 43X and 48 and was getting killer groups with both. I believe the evidence supports the theory that the Glock Marksman barrels are indeed more accurate.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
These pictures are fantastic. Makes me never want to post stupid iPhone pics here ever again.

I was all set to buy a G48. Your review is making me rethink it! Justin Opinion on YouTube tested both the 43X and 48 and was getting killer groups with both. I believe the evidence supports the theory that the Glock Marksman barrels are indeed more accurate.

All of my fence pictures are taken with my iPhone X. The right lighting and a few edit's help too.

My only reason for choosing the 43x over the 48 was the slide length. At times, my Glock 19 leather will bottom out off the seat of my office chair or the seat of my Ram. Kinda pushes it up and on a long haul, can bother me some. The shortened slide of the 43x will hopefully stop that. It does with my P320SC leather, so I would only assume it will with the 43x.

I do really want to try the Glock 48 though. I'm either going to have to buy one or find a buddy with one. The two-three ranges that have loaners around here, wont get one for sometime.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Would have been a home run if it held 13 rounds.

And if it did someone would come along and comment that it would be perfect if only it held 14 rounds. And then 15, 16, etc.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:

I saw that and wondered how long it would take for someone to respond , why no complaints yet ?

If you guys think that is anything like what the 365 was doing, you’re either blind or lying to yourselves.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have no use for the G48 but I may have to get that 43x instead of the Shield I was planning on later this year. That pistol seems tailor made for how I carry.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah the P365 fan club is praying for reports of a broken G43X/48 firing pin. Razz Razz Razz

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah the P365 fan club is praying for reports of a broken G43X/48 firing pin. Razz Razz Razz

I wish I'd had better luck with mine. I had a shit ton of money tied up in leather, extra mags etc.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

It's a 43 upper. The 43 has been proven reliable. The primer drag on the 365 is a little worse than the 43/43X, but the slide is shorter, so I'm not surprised. In general though, I'd call the current batch of 365's drag fairly acceptable. There's not a snowball's chance in hell I'd trust the Made in India MIM striker with any drag, but that can be upgraded.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the write up. I don't know why Glock has to put out new models. Just when I think I have enough of them, here comes another gun I will have to save for.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post