SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 43x short range report w/ pictures
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43x short range report w/ pictures Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted
Picked up my Glock 43x on Friday. Broke it down and cleaned it well, then lubed it up. Trijicon HD night sights arrived on Saturday and hit the range today.

Very impressed with this weapon. I've owned 2 Glock 43's recently and never felt bothered by the recoil. This 43x, was that and a little bit better. When the 43x was rumored, I was hoping for a full length grip that was just a tad wider. It was everything I was wanting.

First 10 rounds were slow fired with two different hold points. With the HD's, it basically hit exactly point of aim each time.

The next 90 were all the same. The first 100 round was Blazer Brass 115 grain FMJ. All fed very well and caused zero issues. All of today's round's were fired from 7 yards. I'll work out to 25 later on, but I wanted to get some down range and work on trigger control up close for now.

Here are a couple of sample cases:

Ran a total of 240 rounds down range today.
100 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 grain FMJ
50 rounds of Remington UMC 124 grain FMJ
10 rounds of M.E.N. 124 grain FMJ
35 rounds of Federal HST 124 grain
45 rounds of Federal HST 147 grain

I did have one light primer strike on the 124 grain HST. I bought 3 50 round boxes of this (same lot) last year and had 1 light primer strike on my M11-A1 which went bang on the 2nd attempt and the same with todays LPS. I have 500 rounds of a different lot now. That was the last of last years ammo. I don't know what to think about it. The dent was pretty significant in the primer, but who knows. If it happens again, I'll dig further. For what it's worth, I made sure the striker channel was cleaned and clear before reassembly.

No FTE FTF (feed) issues at all. I do know that I really need more mags. Loading 10 rounds at a time and only having 2 mags was a bitch. I'm on the hunt for more.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this model. For it being stainless/sliver or whatever Glock is calling it, it stayed pretty clean with some dirty ammo. My right shoulder was starting to give me a few issues, so I called it good for today. I'll get more on it before I ever carry it.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good report & great pics.

Posts: 2211 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Great report, thanks for sharing

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Echo the above posts,very nice thanks.

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report and pics. Great stuff.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On Friday i bought both a 43x and a 48. On Saturday i put 400 rounds thru them. I probably put a little more of the 400 thru the 43x . 115 grain blazer brass, 115 grain fmj sig ammo, 115 grain silvertips, and 124 grain gold dots. Both were very accurate, no issues, and fit my hand perfectly. I will say there was a noticeable reduction in recoil with the 48. Both easy to shoot, the 48 was just a little easier.
I actually went to my FFL for the 43x, and when I handled the 48 i couldn't decide and bought them both. For $459, I figured it was the way to go because I knew I would eventually get both and this way I had 4 mags total to work with.
Anyway, I really think these pistols will become very popular glocks especially in ten round states like mine (CT). When you consider how popular the G19 is, how do you pass on either, but especially the 43x ?? Same capacity\ firepower, and much more concealable.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your 43X, I can wait to pick up mine.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I won’t lie, these pics make the silver slide/forward cocking serration combo look a lot better than I’d originally thought. Glad to hear that there’s another great CCW option out there.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
On Friday i bought both a 43x and a 48. On Saturday i put 400 rounds thru them. I probably put a little more of the 400 thru the 43x . 115 grain blazer brass, 115 grain fmj sig ammo, 115 grain silvertips, and 124 grain gold dots. Both were very accurate, no issues, and fit my hand perfectly. I will say there was a noticeable reduction in recoil with the 48. Both easy to shoot, the 48 was just a little easier.
I actually went to my FFL for the 43x, and when I handled the 48 i couldn't decide and bought them both. For $459, I figured it was the way to go because I knew I would eventually get both and this way I had 4 mags total to work with.
Anyway, I really think these pistols will become very popular glocks especially in ten round states like mine (CT). When you consider how popular the G19 is, how do you pass on either, but especially the 43x ?? Same capacity\ firepower, and much more concealable.

I almost did the same. My dealer had one 48 left. It was pretty dang tempting, but I have been saving for a P229 Legion SAO for awhile now and passed. I love my Glock 19 to death and have about the same amount in leather as I do the weapon it's self. I may down the road, but since I live in a free state, I'll stick with the 19 MOS for now.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
I won’t lie, these pics make the silver slide/forward cocking serration combo look a lot better than I’d originally thought. Glad to hear that there’s another great CCW option out there.

It's a very dull finish if that helps. Like a parkerized sliver in a way. I love a two tone weapon like I love bacon, my wife and horse power. That said, the finish on the Gen 5 Glocks, is pretty sexy too.

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Thanks for the report and pics. Great stuff.

Thank you sir.

I have a few weeks before my leather arrives and that will give me the chance to take my time get more ammo through it.

I did just notice something now that it's been a few hours. My tigger finger has a little blister about where the bottom of the trigger safety rests on it. That is typical (for me) when shooting Glock's with that grooved trigger. I may end up putting a metal curved trigger shoe on later down the road. Pull weight and break are very nice though. I wouldn't want to lower it at all or carry. It's about perfect.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Rock,

Do you own a 19? If so, how would you compare how it shoots to the 19.

Also, have you tried carrying it? If so, is it any easier to carry than the 19? And is it any harder to carry than the original 43?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Rock,

Also, have you tried carrying it? If so, is it any easier to carry than the 19? And is it any harder to carry than the original 43?

I do. Gen 5 MOS. It’s a bit snappier as the slide weight is much less than the 19, but nothing that couldn’t be controlled. I didn’t run any +p today, but the M.E.N. is some warm stuff and it handled it well.

It’s obviously going to carry different than the 43 with a flush mag, but about the same as a 43 with a plus 2. I don’t have leather for it yet, but in my TT Leather MKS, it disappears.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Great photography

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the difference between the 43X and the 48? Is the 48 simply a longslide version of the 43X?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
What is the difference between the 43X and the 48? Is the 48 simply a longslide version of the 43X?

The slide length is the only real difference. The frame is interchangeable between the 2.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:

The slide length is the only real difference. The frame is interchangeable between the 2.

And the slide appears to be interchangeable with the G43.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

Is the last line by way of saying it works in standard 43 holsters?

Do you ever carry the 19? I'm trying to gauge if / how much easier it is to carry than the 19.

quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Rock,

I do. Gen 5 MOS. It’s a bit snappier as the slide weight is much less than the 19, but nothing that couldn’t be controlled. I didn’t run any +p today, but the M.E.N. is some warm stuff and it handled it well.

It’s obviously going to carry different than the 43 with a flush mag, but about the same as a 43 with a plus 2. I don’t have leather for it yet, but in my TT Leather MKS, it disappears.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good review, great pics. I too, was skeptical about any advantage it would give me over my P365 and already have a G43. But being a Glock fan, your review pushed me over the edge. My wallet hates you Smile

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the review, the 43x is on deck for next purchase, makes sense since I’m limited to 10rnds in NYS anyways.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post