SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone have experience with the EAA Tanfoglio 10mm pistols?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience with the EAA Tanfoglio 10mm pistols? Login/Join 
posted
I remember a few years ago the frames were cracking on some of them.
I noticed last week that some of the online stores had a new model with a polymer frame, in 10mm.
The price seems awful low, but that would allow me to enter the 10mm club.
Some or the Rock Island models look really good, but i haven't seen a REAL review on them.

Thanks for the info.

Posts: 19 | Registered: April 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack226:
I remember a few years ago the frames were cracking on some of them.
I noticed last week that some of the online stores had a new model with a polymer frame, in 10mm.
The price seems awful low, but that would allow me to enter the 10mm club.
Some or the Rock Island models look really good, but I haven't seen a REAL review on them.

Thanks for the info.

posted Hide Post
If you have any other suggestions, that's great.
The ultimate would be a Sig.

Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Lots of great people on this site. Another forum that you can try for that question is 10mm-firearms.com.

It's a site dedicated to anything 10mm.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
No experience with the 10mm but I have 2 9mm guns are they are great.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've stayed with CZ.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does CZ make a 10mm?

posted Hide Post
Yes CZ makes 10mm, they call them Dan Wessons.

Posts: 1250 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somehow I kinda think Jack226 might be referring to the CZ97. One of those in 10mm would really ring my bell. A few months ago I asked CZ if the 10mm chambering in their Model 97 would be coming. They said it has been considered but it will not happen.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Somehow I kinda think Jack226 might be referring to the CZ97. One of those in 10mm would really ring my bell. A few months ago I asked CZ if the 10mm chambering in their Model 97 would be coming. They said it has been considered but it will not happen.

Exactly!!!! There is a market for it.
I will probably buy a used Glock G20 for now. Once the Sig P220 has been out a while, pick up a used one.
I read good and bad about the EAA.
The Rock Island ones that are nice, are the same price as Sig.

posted Hide Post
Write to CZ and suggest it! Once they start getting multiple emails from multiple people with the same desire, their light will go on. Smile

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
Write to CZ and suggest it! Once they start getting multiple emails from multiple people with the same desire, their light will go on. Smile

I will send an email!!

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Billy346:
Lots of great people on this site. Another forum that you can try for that question is 10mm-firearms.com.

It's a site dedicated to anything 10mm.

They definitely like the Tanfoglio 10mm's on that site.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
They have 2 at my LGS, first time I saw one today. Had to hold it. It was nice. I told the proprietor to put it back though. I'm wondering what the hole in the frame are for?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forum

I have been shooting firearms chambered for the 10MM Auto cartridge for decades now. Several EAA Witness pistols are among them.

I have been shooting the Elite Match, Elite Pro and Hunter pistols from EAA

I have no idea home many thousands or tens of thousands have been through each of mine since I purchased them. I can say that NONE of mine have ever cracked nor have I personally seen a cracked one from among my fellow 10MM Auto shooters.

Two comments on your initial post, not sure how you meant the phrase "The price seems awful low, but that would allow me to enter the 10mm club."

I think it is a bad idea to pick the cheapest thing to get you into ANY Club. You set yourself up for disappointment. Find something that you like that is more mid-level or mainstream and put it on Lay-A-Way. Make weekly payments on it until you can take it home. I know that puts off the quick gratification portion, but you will enjoy that new Club better.

Secondly you make reference to "I remember a few years ago the frames were cracking on some of them."

I do not care what the product is, on the internet you will find multiple failure complaints from somebody. When you are looking at something like firearms chambered for high performance cartridges, there is much room for usage beyond SAAMI specification. This is both from overzealous hand loaders as well as some of the small boutique ammunition companies that are looking to make a performance name for themselves. Then there are the gun show "Factory Reloads" that folks are trying to save money on.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the same situation as you and ended up with a glock 29. From what I could gather on the EAA the gun is fine but the mags are crap and you can't change the sights

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
They have 2 at my LGS, first time I saw one today. Had to hold it. It was nice. I told the proprietor to put it back though. I'm wondering what the hole in the frame are for?

The holes are for a scope mount. Pre drilled from the factory. Would be cool with a small red dot!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

The holes are for a scope mount. Pre drilled from the factory. Would be cool with a small red dot!

Thanks! I had not entertained that idea!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
Welcome to the Forum

I have been shooting firearms chambered for the 10MM Auto cartridge for decades now. Several EAA Witness pistols are among them.

I have been shooting the Elite Match, Elite Pro and Hunter pistols from EAA

I have no idea home many thousands or tens of thousands have been through each of mine since I purchased them. I can say that NONE of mine have ever cracked nor have I personally seen a cracked one from among my fellow 10MM Auto shooters.

Two comments on your initial post, not sure how you meant the phrase "The price seems awful low, but that would allow me to enter the 10mm club."

I think it is a bad idea to pick the cheapest thing to get you into ANY Club. You set yourself up for disappointment. Find something that you like that is more mid-level or mainstream and put it on Lay-A-Way. Make weekly payments on it until you can take it home. I know that puts off the quick gratification portion, but you will enjoy that new Club better.

Secondly you make reference to "I remember a few years ago the frames were cracking on some of them."

I do not care what the product is, on the internet you will find multiple failure complaints from somebody. When you are looking at something like firearms chambered for high performance cartridges, there is much room for usage beyond SAAMI specification. This is both from overzealous hand loaders as well as some of the small boutique ammunition companies that are looking to make a performance name for themselves. Then there are the gun show "Factory Reloads" that folks are trying to save money on.

That is exactly what I was wanting to hear.
Usually when a company comes out with a new model anything (cars), the first couple of years have design flaws and bugs.
I saw the synthetic ones for around $465???. The top ones are around $1k.
I'll look for one that is around $600+.
Then I can work with it if I need to.
Thanks for the info, everyone.

posted Hide Post
By the way, both of those in the pics are SWEET!!