SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M&P 2.0
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 2.0 Login/Join 
posted
I need to pick up something in .40 to help me burn through all this Ammo I’ve stockpiled over the years. I came across an unfired M&P 2.0 compact with TFO sites box and 3 mags for $349 plus tax. I love the feel of the new aggressive grip, but a little skeptical. I had one of the bad batches of original m&p’s with the barrel issue. Is this too good a deal to pass up? Are the new 2.0’s leaps and bounds better then the originals? Thx

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I have the 1.0 .40 sw for duty and have disliked it from day one. I just decided to go back to glock in 9mm, and dept decided to go to 2.0 .40 sw. I have handled a couple at the gun shop and the trigger feels more Glock like..., now comes go with my Glock or just stay with the new 2.0. I will figure it out at the range in the next month.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
The 2.0 is my favorite plastic fantastic.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Probably a fair price but not a steal for a 40. Technically, it's a used gun.

Posts: 9512 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I personally don't like the grip texture of the 2.0 guns, but everything else about it is actually better in every regard from the trigger to the beefier metal frame (held by the polymer frame) and tweaks to small parts such as the ambi-slide release.

They're good guns and $350 isn't a bad price.

What barrel issue are you talking about? The pre-2.0 9mm M&P always had accuracy issues, either related to dwell-time or rifling rate, but I'm unaware of any barrel issues with the M&P 40.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
The 2.0 is a vast improvement over the first generation M&P. I am slowly trading off my old ones for 2.0's. Far better gun.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned both the 1.0 and 2.0, although in very different forms (1.0 was a full size .40, 2.0 is the compact 9). The 1.0 was just ok for me, easily losing to the FNS and VP40 in that caliber. As far as G19-size guns go, once I installed the Apex trigger in the M&P, it easily became my favorite in that size category.

Overall I still prefer the FNS-9 and VP9, but for a legitimate compact size striker gun the 2.0 is excellent.

For $350 I would buy it, even in .40.

Posts: 29 | Registered: September 09, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only M&P with accuracy issues was in 9mm with the 1.0 model. The M&P was originally build around the 40 S&W cartridge. The M&P 40 1.0 were exceptionally accurate. I have a M&P 2.0 in 9mm and 40 Cal. Both are great, accurate, and low recoil impulse to me. The out of the box trigger really requires nothing unless you want to drop in any form of Apex trigger kits. If the grip texture is too rough, a light sand paper takes the edge off. If not try Talon grips. Bottom line, for $350 with sights that is a steal and it will not let you down.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
That’s a very good price on a 2.0.. Buy it ASAP

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Fair price for what's technically a used gun even if no rounds have been run through it since leaving the factory. However there are still some dealers online selling the 40S&W 2.0 Compact NIB for around $400. Most B&Ms will be closer to mid $400s to $500, which is where we've been since the gun's release. Of course there is usually a transfer fee to deal with and in some cases shipping and/or a CC surcharge, all of which brings the online price more in line with what you will find in a local shop. The 9mm version seems easier to find at that $400 price point than the 40S&W version.

S&W is more than willing to make deals for those dealers who are capable of buying their M&Ps in huge lots; unfortunately our shop is not one of those who can do so. Frown That deal factor may also be partially the reason why fewer online dealers are selling the 40S&W version for less; due to the lack of demand for 40S&W guns in general the online dealers are unwilling to buy many from the factory, so less price breaks from S&W. No one wants to get stuck trying to unload product that few are willing to buy even at discount pricing.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post