Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 TACOPS Login/Join 
Picture of OldTraderJack
posted
Hi folks... Looking for some feedback on the SIG 1911 TACOPS. I like the features of the pistol and I'm ready to order one, unless I get a lot of negative reviews here.

Feel free to speak up... I don't bite Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmond Burke

Posts: 5 | Location: Indiana | Registered: October 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've got one in .357 and really enjoy it. It was a CPO, so I don't know the previous round count, but I'm just over 1000 rounds of my own through it.

One single malfunction in my time with the gun, and that was induced by dummy rounds during a class. Have a mix of the factory mags, Mec Gars and Metalform and they all work.

Gun is very accurate, easy to shoot and gave me all the features I wanted. I swapped out the factory grips for Magpul because the OEM panels were way too coarse. There are two styles of grips for the Tacops, and I think mine are not the ones that come currently.

Only other change I'd consider making at this time is some different sights.

Anywho, not a .45 model, but I'm very pleased with my Tacops.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have a FS TO's in 45 & will vouch for it. Accurate, reliable & trouble free. I use it to train new shooters to the 1911 platform when they have that interest. Just determine if you want the full size or Carry version.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the full-size model and have a few hundred rounds through it. I didn't like the Ergo grips that came standard, so I swapped them for some Hogue panels. The pistol has been completely reliable and very accurate. The fit and finish are excellent, and the trigger has a crisp let-off. The night sights are OK, but, for daytime range use, it's a little hard to see the dots. I really like the front strap checkering. I don't think that you would be disappointed.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sig Mann brought up a good point here.^^^^^^
I also didn't care for the stock grips, swapped mine with Magpuls.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the Traditional TACOPS full size in .45ACP. For me, it had all of the features I wanted without the $3k price tag of some other manufacturers. Ran flawlessly up until I sold it to fund another project. If I were to get another 1911, the Traditional TACOPS is the way I would go again.

---------------------------
And... Have a good 'un.

Posts: 279 | Registered: October 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post