SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking For Assistance From Someone At Sig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For Assistance From Someone At Sig Login/Join 
posted
My agency is in the process of transitioning from P226 DAK pistols in .357 Sig to P320 Carry pistols in 9mm. We are trading our current pistols to Sig. When we enquired about individuals purchasing their specific pistol, we were told it wasn't possible, even if we shipped the pistols being traded to be individually purchased separately. I know there are people at Sig who pay attention to this board. If there's anyone there who could arrange for some specific serial numbered pistols (that we would ship separately) to be turned around and sent to a specific FFL dealer (can provide FFL) with however you would want to arrange payment, please contact me at davidrlane@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You've included both your work and personal emails in a public forum, I'd suggest changing your posts to say "email is listed in profile". SF members can see that address but outsiders can not. It might avoid the possibility of a fishing expedition.

If you are no longer using the profile email, it's very easy to change.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It's probably more of a pain for SIG to do this - they likely make more money taking the P226s back for pennies, refurbishing them and selling them as CPOs.

Not to mention the terms of the trade-in / transition has probably been solidified at the administrative level (ie, bean counters).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I doubt posting here will get you much.

I would either contact the SIG rep your department is dealing with, or go through CS and see if you can reach someone that way.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
I doubt posting here will get you much.

I would either contact the SIG rep your department is dealing with, or go through CS and see if you can reach someone that way.

Tried both and got shot down. This is the Hail Mary.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
When my former dept got new sigs, they never turned them into Sig.

Lawman's in Raleigh bought them, if the officer wanted his weapon, he put a note on the gun and then drove to Raleigh and bought his gun for $350.

When I retired they awarded me my duty gun.

I wish I had bought my first duty gun (P226 in 9mm with a West German roll stamped slide)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lawman's in Raleigh bought them, if the officer wanted his weapon, he put a note on the gun and then drove to Raleigh and bought his gun for $350

Exactly. If you transact the business with a SIG LE dealer you can negotiate a buy back. Not saying you can't do that direct with SIG, just that it might be more difficult than an independent LE dealer. I've had guys use their uniform allowance, etc to buy their gun back in the past.

Did your agency ever get quotes from LE dealers?

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:

Lawman's in Raleigh bought them, if the officer wanted his weapon, he put a note on the gun and then drove to Raleigh and bought his gun for $350

Exactly. If you transact the business with a SIG LE dealer you can negotiate a buy back. Not saying you can't do that direct with SIG, just that it might be more difficult than an independent LE dealer. I've had guys use their uniform allowance, etc to buy their gun back in the past.

Did your agency ever get quotes from LE dealers?

We are dealing directly with Sig, so if no one there is willing to facilitate it, we're dead in the water.

What, me worry?