SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Buds is showing the XD-E in stock.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buds is showing the XD-E in stock. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am interested in a DA/SA polymer pistol. I would prefer a subcompact single stack, but I will take a look at the first XDe

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handled one today at my LGS and it was pretty nice. DA first pull is on the heavy side but the single action was pretty good.
Safety is flimsy and I would definitely not carry it like a 1911.
Almost bought it but saw a Shield 45 with the rebate and got that.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
As long as you like a soft, spongy, squishy trigger, the XD might be for you.

I'd shoot one before buying one...
Bought and sold 5 of them...

The E might be different, but then again it might not.. Wink

And who wouldn't want a handgun with GRIP ZONE on the grip in case you forget where to grab it.. Roll Eyes

Good luck....

Sometimes you need a reminder... maybe it's their version of a warning label without actually saying warning... WARNING: gripping slide could cause injury to the shooter

Well personally, I will, under stress, occasionally grab the slide instead of the grip. I don't become aware of this until I try to shoot and realize there are no sights to see, and no trigger to pull.
My training is to do a tactical 2 hand gun flip. But with the grip now labeled, I will now know exactly where to hold the pistol.

I think Springfield is way ahead of the market with this. May even be a gamechanger.

Smithnsig, Got a good laugh at your observation! Well done Sir...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my first fondle today, right after having wrung-out my Mod2. I was struck how long the distance seemed bedween the frontstrap and backstrap. Feels a bit awakward to me, much like the Shield. Yet the Honor Guard clone of the Shield reduced this distance and feels much better because of it. Anyhow, I thought the safety seemed firm enough to make for safe C&L carry, if one desired to. The fully forward DA position was Cooper's definition of "crunchenticker". However, with the hammer set back on the half-stop/cock, it's not too bad.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Anybody have one yet?
I'd be interested to see some comparison photos next to a P239, and the obligatory Glocks.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
My biggest gripe with this pistol (besides it not exactly being innovative but being billed as such) is the fact that compared to the P239, it's almost exactly the same size.

P239 OAL: 6.6"
XD-E OAL: 6.75"

P239 Barrel Length: 3.6"
XD-E Barrel Length: 3.3"

P239 Width: 1.2"
XD-E Width: 1"

P239 Height: 5.1"
XD-E Height: 5" (with flush mag, 6" with extended)

P239 Weight: 29.5oz
XD-E Weight: 25oz

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Anybody have one yet?
I'd be interested to see some comparison photos next to a P239, and the obligatory Glocks.

I don't own one but handled one at NRA show. It handles nothing like a 239. The XDE feels smaller and lighter and doesn't have that 239 top heaviness. Also the DA pull is smoother and lighter.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post