SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Buds is showing the XD-E in stock.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buds is showing the XD-E in stock. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Somebody buy one so you can tell me if you like it or not. Big Grin

I actually don't need one, but I like the idea of a polymer DA SA smaller than the 239. My wife wished for a smaller SIGPro. This may be an acceptable alternative.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Are you sure you want to do business with that gun maker?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
As long as you like a soft, spongy, squishy trigger, the XD might be for you.

I'd shoot one before buying one...
Bought and sold 5 of them...

The E might be different, but then again it might not.. Wink

And who wouldn't want a handgun with GRIP ZONE on the grip in case you forget where to grab it.. Roll Eyes

Good luck....

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

And who wouldn't want a handgun with GRIP ZONE on the grip in case you forget where to grab it.. Roll Eyes

Good luck....

Sometimes you need a reminder... maybe it's their version of a warning label without actually saying warning... WARNING: gripping slide could cause injury to the shooter

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I wouldn't buy anything from Springfield Armory or Rock River Arms at this point.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

If they sell what I want, I will. People need to look at the politics of some of their
Favorite products. I bet you would be surprised about how much stuff you had to give up you were true to your beliefs with all of
Your purchases.

But, this is an XD-E thread. Not a Springfield/2 A thread. So let's discuss the fact they are showing in stock at places, not a boycottt

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Good luck....

Sometimes you need a reminder... maybe it's their version of a warning label without actually saying warning... WARNING: gripping slide could cause injury to the shooter

Well personally, I will, under stress, occasionally grab the slide instead of the grip. I don't become aware of this until I try to shoot and realize there are no sights to see, and no trigger to pull.
My training is to do a tactical 2 hand gun flip. But with the grip now labeled, I will now know exactly where to hold the pistol.

I think Springfield is way ahead of the market with this. May even be a gamechanger.

TCB all the time...

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
OP, I actually like the concept.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I don't know if the XDE release is the reason but I just got a 9mm XDS brand new with crimson race laser and 3 mags + 4 mags from the rebate for $379 shipped.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
You don't want to do this. Trust me. You don't ever again want to interject that stuff into a thread in the Pistols section, and that goes for everyone here. Keep it out of this section. In this section of the forum, we discuss pistols. If you want to bitch about politics, start a thread in the Lounge or What's Your Deal.

Posts: 107595 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:

If they sell what I want, I will. People need to look at the politics of some of their
Favorite products. I bet you would be surprised about how much stuff you had to give up you were true to your beliefs with all of
Your purchases.

But, this is an XD-E thread. Not a Springfield/2 A thread. So let's discuss the fact they are showing in stock at places, not a boycottt

I make fun of the grip zone just because it's kinda funny, but in all seriousness I like Springfields products regardless of their politics so I'm glad these are coming in stock and I will probably be a buyer of one in the near future because I like the design.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Other than the appearance of the words GRIP ZONE which I agree is tacky as hell, the actual MOD 2 grip is awesome. I mean I haven't handled this particular gun but I have a mod 2 .45 sub compact and it just feels great.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
You don't want to do this. Trust me. You don't ever again want to interject that stuff into a thread in the Pistols section, and that goes for everyone here. Keep it out of this section. In this section of the forum, we discuss pistols. If you want to bitch about politics, start a thread in the Lounge or What's Your Deal.

Understood. Won't happen again.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of giz55792
posted Hide Post
The gun shop in town had one in stock and I was checking it out today. It's a comfortable little gun and I was surprised by how nice the DA trigger was. SA mode was a tad mushy, but not horrible. You can carry the thing cocked and locked as well. I just bought a XDm a few weeks ago, but the XDE would be a nice back up to have.

Posts: 711 | Location: Virginia, MN | Registered: October 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Other than the appearance of the words GRIP ZONE which I agree is tacky as hell, the actual MOD 2 grip is awesome. I mean I haven't handled this particular gun but I have a mod 2 .45 sub compact and it just feels great.

Yep, I was a big Grip Zone hater as well until Mrs. Scurvy fell in love with a mod2 and we bought one for her. Say what you will about the tackiness but it is easily the best polymer pistol grip I've handled yet. I like the VP9 grip but it doesn't point as naturally straight for me like the Springfield.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm anxious to see and handle one - hopefully the free mag rebate thingy will apply to the XDe's. Getting one will solve one of my (many) problems - carrying a round in the chamber of a striker-fired pistol. Understand it's on the big side - but I am shaped like Humpty Dumpty so I can conceal such an aminal ... Wink

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My XDs pistols have functioned reliably. I think that's what pistols are supposed to do.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I handled one at NRA. It's ugly, top heavy and the trigger wasn't very good.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Will check out the xde as soon as a rental becomes available. I'd really be interested in a double stack version that uses my xdm mags and holsters.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I'm intrigued and will likely try one.
The XDs/XD Mod2 are some of my favorite guns.

Anyone who is proficient in firearms handling can learn any trigger and many people who complain to me about triggers, use it as an excuse for poor marksmanship. The "grip zone" words don't bother me either. If it works for you, who the hell cares what it says.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post