SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    2019- My new production P320 at 800 rounds
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019- My new production P320 at 800 rounds Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I'm with the fellas on this. I never pay retail for magazines. I catch them on sale, and stock up. But, I buy mags EVERY time they are on sale, even if it is just two or three.

Mags AND ammo Wink

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Total round count- 3137.

931 rounds down range over the weekend. Pistol ran with no issues inmy Practical Fundamentals course in AZ.

Side note- two Romeo 1bin class. Each ran without issue for 800-900 rounds across the two days.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Total Round Count- 2206.

Today we ran 400 rounds through it. My end of it was some prep stuff for my class next weekend, but the lion's share of the rounds went down range at the hands of my 15 year old. I introduced him to the Consistency Target from Guerrilla Approach and here is his third run.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt...b_button_share_sheet

The thing about it to me is the fact that mid way through he shifted his grip for some reason. And he went to shit at that point, with his mojo going out the window. Annnndddd he didn't quit. He powered through it. That is a point that I try to really hammer home to shooters in classes. If something doesn't go your way, fix it, and keep running.

Very proud dad, and a beautiful 66 degree day in February to boot.

My 10 year-old and I have been playing with that same target the last month or so. I found it to be pretty eye opening from a discipline perspective, especially when transitioning from the larger back to the smaller circles. I wish I could say that every one of my attempts went as well as your son's in the video, but I've had a few that were quite a bit worse!

Posts: 8422 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Haven't bumped this thread at all due to life getting in the way.

Since last reported, the round count is only up slightly to 3631. It's rainy today, but I am going to try to see if I can't break a smooth 4k today.

The RX is still trouble free, and my last class in SATX had two Romeo 1's in it and an RMR and no problems to report on any of them. (With the exception that one of the Romeo 1 guns went down due to it was mounted on a rear sight mount that I'd never seen before. The mount came loose, the mount began to slide to the left, and the gun was taken out of service. Not a Romeo issue, but a mount issue)

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Roundcount is 5142. Zero issues with the gun. Gave it the first major cleaning last night and noticed no unusual wear.

I'll keep carrying it and clean it again in a couple thousand rounds.

www.opspectraining.com

Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Hi Jerry-

Came across this thread while reading up on the XCompact. How are things going with your focus on the P320 this year?

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Your son did well on that drill. I have registered at Guerrilla Approach and downloaded that target. I have no doubt I won't do as well as he did!

Thanks for the tips.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tgrshrk99:
Hi Jerry-

Came across this thread while reading up on the XCompact. How are things going with your focus on the P320 this year?

I have a sad admission. This project got tabled when I took the summer off from teaching. I shot a few matches, and between my son shooting it, and matches, I have put another 1900 rounds through it.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Jerry,
I was following this early on this year and picked up an X carry and compact. I've run a few thousand through them but my ADHD took over and I picked up a CZ P07..... That has me hooked now and its up to 800 over the past 2 weeks. It is also suppressor ready so I've been running quiet a good bit too. Wink

Chris

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post